It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
A young girl cries out in the dark night.

She cries out to God;

"How can you let evil persist in the world, oh Creator?!

Are you not compassionate, and swollen with ache, at the sight of your suffering children?"

Oh my Lord, my very Breath-Giver; why do you not put a stop to evil?"

And God did answer her;

"My child, I have heard your prayer."

"And you are RIGHT!"

"Upon tomorrow's dawn, I shall cause a gigantic meteor to slam into the Planet Earth."

"All shall perish; excepting the truly righteous people."

"The truly righteous shall be spared, the rest shall die."

"And then evil will be no more."

Do we approve of God doing this?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
If it stops silly questions being posed with mind numbingly ridiculous scenarios then yes.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
makes me wonder...

[edit on 8-4-2006 by pRoPhEcY]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
[edit on 8-4-2006 by pRoPhEcY]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark Harris
If it stops silly questions being posed with mind numbingly ridiculous scenarios then yes.

Thank you for sharing your Great Malice.

Patiently awaiting responses from those who are NOT members of the Great Hemorrhoid Brigades. :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Good question.

I'd have to say no to it though. From what it seem's like to me, righteous people in God's eye's are those with blind unquestioning faith in his existence and follow his word.

That rule's me, and anyone else who is decent and moral. Simply for lack of faith. Or even those following a different faith.

Or heck ... which God exactly? Maybe there's one better then the Christian God.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
What malice? No tears now, and no regretable posts made in haste requiring later edits. The reply you finally decided was ok to leave up "..Great Hemorrhoid Brigades" was funny? I'll quote from another member who's name escapes me for the moment: Don't hate.

You asked do/would we approve of God killing everybody except those who have found the 'truly righteous' path. No chance for anyone else then. No redemption. Tough. No chance for people to change, to see the light. Do I think this is fair? Should anyone? Obviously not.

How could anyone (balanced) possibly believe that the world should be stopped NOW and those now 'truly righteous' (according to?) should be eliminated? Answer, they couldn't.

[edit on 8/4/06 by Mark Harris]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Come on, guys... Please keep it civil. If you don't have an answer to the question, don't answer. Let's stay on topic, please.

My answer.

Isn't this basically what's supposed to happen, according to the bible and all that, anyway? I mean the means may not be the same, but if you believe in what the bible says, upon the rapture, all the righteous will be saved and all the 'bad guys' (everyone else) will be sent to a fiery hell.

Pretty much the same thing as being destroyed by a meteor. Actually, the meteor is kinder than an everlasting fire.

I do find the question "Do we approve of God doing this" hard to answer, though. People approving of God's actions twists my brains.
And I don't even believe in the bibleGod!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

How could anyone (balanced) possibly believe that the world should be stopped NOW and those now 'truly righteous' (according to?) should be eliminated? Answer, they couldn't.

Every Christian I know believes that the rapture could happen at any time. Including NOW. According to their religion and their following of the bible, this time will come and it could be today.

What's the difference between the OP's scenario and the bible's? A different means is all as far as I can see.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The point in my post was "How could anyone (balanced) possibly believe that the world should be stopped NOW and those not 'truly righteous' (according to?) should be eliminated? Answer, they couldn't."

That was the question posed in the first post. "Do we approve of God doing this? " Not do we think God could, but do we approve, do we think God should. Religious or not, how can anyone (balanced) possibly agree to the killing of everyone not "truly righteous" at this precise moment in time? At the very least from a Christian viewpoint what about all those who are yet to be born again?

"Sorry pal. Next year you were to have a most profound experience that would have led you to the righteous path but now times up and you lucked out." Again, how can anyone believe not that this could happen but (at least as I interpret the question) that it should happen?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Still, I think there are plenty of people who would love to see God make his move and stop what's going on in the world now before it goes any further! In other words, that God should do his thing. The sooner the better. I know plenty of people who are just waiting patiently for the rapture and are ready to go.

While it's certainly your right to think they're unbalanced, I think there are many people, especially the very religious, who are eager for this to happen. Myabe some will answer in this thread.

I mean, the whole point of not knowing the time or day is that some will be caught unsuspecting and be too late to make it into heaven, so they should get saved now to avoid being Left Behind, isn't it? The bible doesn't promise us all to have a unlimited chances at salvation.

To clarify, I'm not saying it should or could or will happen, this thread is speculation only, after all.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pRoPhEcY
"The truly righteous shall be spared, the rest shall die."

"And then evil will be no more."

Do we approve of God doing this?

God's definition of evil seems to change on any given day.. it's the meek who are suppose to inherit the earth.
The 'righteous' ones have a habbit of trying to 'correct' everybody else.. which is not only annoying but a grab for power. All power corrupts so righteous inheriting the earth would just lead to them slaughtering eachother over the high ground. The meek are so much more layed back.

God sending an asteroid to kill 'everybody else' would also be breaking his own commandments making him a hypocrite.

So Prophecy.. do you approve of your god deviating from the moral code he's set out for everyone?

[edit on 8-4-2006 by riley]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

What malice? No tears now, and no regretable posts made in haste requiring later edits. The reply you finally decided was ok to leave up "..Great Hemorrhoid Brigades" was funny? I'll quote from another member who's name escapes me for the moment: Don't hate.

You asked do/would we approve of God killing everybody except those who have found the 'truly righteous' path. No chance for anyone else then. No redemption. Tough. No chance for people to change, to see the light. Do I think this is fair? Should anyone? Obviously not.

"Don't hate" he says. No tears now, tears over being described as a Great Pain in the arse.

First of all, those posts were not "regrettable" or "made in haste", there was just a screw up on my part.

So you would be happy to see the meteor coming if it were going to crash into myself and my "silly" questions whose scenario "numbs your mind"?

Don't hate. No tears now.

It is appropriate isn't it, that it's over your head and under your chin?

No tears now.

So many times I have heard the question asked "How can God allow evil?"

So my post intended to provoke some thought.

The term "truly righteous" means just that. People who see virtue as the most meaningful aim in life.

So the question intends to cause the reader to wonder about his or her life, his or her own decency; or the lack of it.

Sorry to have numbed your mind.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pRoPhEcYDo we approve of God doing this?

Who am I to hold God subject to my personal approval?

:shk:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'll tell you what I find hard to believe. I have trouble with modern people discussing stuff like this. Next someone will bring up the tired and bludgeoned to death.....How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
I can't wait for that one.
Finally typical of the biblical god of christianity, god's science is soo poorly uninformed she doesn't realize that if she slings an asteroid to earth large enough to cause an extinction event....IT WILL KILL EVERYTHING LIVING ON THE SURFACE AND MOST OF THE THINGS LIVING IN THE WATER.
I'd be interested in knowing where the Baptists will be hiding when everything else is busy dying. I say baptists because it's the sanctimonious baptists who are obsessed with so called righteous behavior which, as has been pointed out, changes with every weeks new obsession.
sayswho (skep by any other name)

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Can the moderators close this thread?

Seems to have only made alot of people angry.

new topics

top topics

join