It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16 crashes off coast of South Carolina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Happened a couple days ago. They said the jet will be pulled from the water as there's something classified on board the air craft. Link:Jet crashes off SC

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
There's actually several classified things aboard. Where did you hear they were going to recover it? There was nothing in the article about that, and I think 35 miles offshore is way too deep to recover, or even salvage. IIRC TWA 800 was 10 or 12 miles offshore and they had problems with THAT recovery.

Edit: TWA 800 was about 8 miles off the coast of East Moriches NY. If they had trouble with THAT recovery I can't see them being able to recover this one at 35 miles offshore.

[edit on 4/8/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I heard about this on the local evening news. They suggested something about the possibility of some hazardous materials being in the water now. However I wasn't able to find any news link or mention of that suggestion. I'm wondering what they were talking about now.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
JP8 and Hydrazine. The F-16 carries a small hydrazine tank for the Emergency Power Unit. If they lose electrical power, the EPU goes off and provides limited power. EVERYTHING on the F-16 is electrical. However, hydrazine is one of the more deadly substances around. If the EPU goes off, you can't even approach within 200 feet for four hours or more.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the answer. I'm probably going to think about this now the next time I go swimming at Myrtle Beach wondering what might be in the water. Just one more thing that is in the water but at least it's not alive.

new topics

top topics

join