It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple's Mac now can use Windows!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
news.com.com...

This is very exciting!

One of the main reasons, and still wasnt really the big stickler for me, for not using a Mac was because you could not use Microsoft applications and most other software is geared for the Windows OS.

However for newer Mac's that will use the Intel x86 processor instead of the motorola G series processor, will now be able to use windows thanks to software called "boot camp" which will be included in the next Mac OS X version called "leopard".

However the biggest stickler for me from Mac is the price of their systems
....... I still havent gotten an ipod, would love too though and a mac would be awesome, but their desktops are rather expensive.

Guess I will have to wait, but this is great news!

apc

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I sure hope they dont ALL go x86. The Motorola chips are RISC based, while x86 is CISC based. The small instructions for RISC give such systems a clear advantage over CISC in operations such as publishing and graphics design. In intense mathematical calculations, however, CISC has more potential.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Definately, Im sure they wont all switch to using X86 processors, but I think a line of Mac's will be introduced specifically for this purpose.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I sure hope they dont ALL go x86. The Motorola chips are RISC based, while x86 is CISC based. The small instructions for RISC give such systems a clear advantage over CISC in operations such as publishing and graphics design. In intense mathematical calculations, however, CISC has more potential.

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Definately, Im sure they wont all switch to using X86 processors, but I think a line of Mac's will be introduced specifically for this purpose.

Have to disappoint you then - Apple is switching its entire line to CISC within 2007. This is an official statement, and one that does very much make sense if you have been following the companys development the last 10 years.

Believe me, its a good thing.

top topics

join