It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An amazing find on Mars!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
ok, I think I found a closeup of the original thing-a-ma-duck.

This is from a similar angle, but a lot closer..

Looks human-made to me.

Here is a bigger pic.
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

I'm pretty sure it's the thing on the left side of the image.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Dangit..

I just realized I made a mistake..too late to edit..

But I referenced the wrong image, as the larger version..
It's actually here

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

Since we are on the topic of zoo-animals and the like i must admit that i like the bunny incident more.
Even the most boring person on the planet will find this amusing/strange.

Stellar

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

If you look at a lot of the raw images from Spirit you will see quite often that little cylindrical thing along the top left or somewhere in the picture. Dunno what it is but you can see it in the majority of the Navigation Cam photos.

Hey I saw your duck did you see my Xwing/Rock!???

Feel free to pop into my thread and criticsize or expound.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes I have many, many images with that same spot in them, I believe it is something that is attached to the camera or rover. I think it is in all images taken with that camera.

I went to that thread a few days ago, I click on all threads about Mars to see what other people think and are finding. I really dont see the xwing/rock. But I could be wrong. It is really hard to tell anything until we actually land and step out onto the red planet and see things for ourselves. For now though we only have images to go on. And I believe they show life.

Some people will argue with me about these images as it has happend in other threads. Some people are nicer and just say what they think, everyone is allowed their own opinion, and I appreciate the people who are nice, I also appreciate their opinions.

Here is what alot of people tell me is just a rock, but if you look closely you will see perfectly round holes and this, to me, does not look like an ordinary rock. Click here to see that image.

This is either a possible Rod or a possible Mars bug. I have not heard from people about this image yet so let er rip... Click here to see the possible Rod or Mars bug then please tell me what you think this is.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
If we could find the original pics we could come to a better conclusion of what the image is.

With the pesent data, it is impossible to determine what the object is.

We don't have any idea what size this object is and there's no mention of it's range.

Sorry. I'm agreeing with the poster who said it's a reflection of sunlight.

It just seems to be changing shape because, uh, maybe the sun is moving across the sky?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

spacedoubt,

While the image in your link resembles the image provided by the thread, I'm going to have to say that they're not the same.

Where are the shadows and how could shadows form in the image you provided compared to the image provided by the thread?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
You might be right Intelearthling.

Here is another angle of the crater. I still think thats the thing making the reflection.
Although I can see how it's hard to make the proper items line up from each of the previous photos..

another angle

[edit on 26-4-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I told my husband that life exists on mars and that they will find it in the underground caverns. I know life exists on mars and that Nasa is keeping the info quiet on their findings. I have never doubted the existance of life elsewhere in the universe, or in our solar system. That would be ignorant and earth based technology is still primitive in respects to what has been witnessed in photographs of advanced technology.

If Nasa hasn't already found evidence of life existing in some form on Mars, they soon will. No doubt that will be kept from the public eyes.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
If Nasa hasn't already found evidence of life existing in some form on Mars, they soon will. No doubt that will be kept from the public eyes.

NASA found live on Mars in 1976 ( first try) and that's what i have been telling people for some time now.
There are volumes of material on the Internet( and especially on NASA sites) only waiting for educated readers to combine the information thus painting the picture NASA refuse to show us. You will be extremely surprised to see how often you see comments like the following on prominent sites.

At the same meeting, NASA's Planetary Protection Officer, John Rummel, described the alternative explanations: "methane in the atmosphere...is a detection from the planetary Fourier spectrometer. ESA, the European Space Agency, has put out an announcement that it's been detected at 10 to 20 parts per billion. Well, methane in the atmosphere on Mars can mean one of three things: either vulcanism, possibly microbial life, or maybe cows. We haven't seen the cows yet. I doubt that we'll find them. But one of the other two would be a very interesting thing to find out."

www.astrobio.net...

Stellar

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
If we could find the original pics we could come to a better conclusion of what the image is.

If you click on the links that I provide with the anomalous images then you will find a link back to NASA's website with the original image intact, not touched by me.

These images are .jpg's and as ArMaP has pointed out they are not the best quality images and I totally agree with him. But I have searched NASA's website for .tiff or .png images from Spirit and Opportunity Rovers and I have not been able to find them. Maybe they are there and I just can't find them. Or maybe NASA has kept the good images from us? When ever I emailed NASA asking them for their opinion about the anomalous images they have never responded, so I am sure they will not respond to an email asking where the good images are located.

Can anyone else find them?

Originally posted by Intelearthling
While the image in your link resembles the image provided by the thread, I'm going to have to say that they're not the same.

That is a correct statement. The image of the so called duck is in a part of ground that has been dug up by the lander. The image that spacedoubt has shown us is an image of lander debris. And no where near the rut in the ground.

Originally posted by rachel07
I know life exists on mars and that Nasa is keeping the info quiet on their findings.

I would have to agree with Rachel on this, the fact that I cannot find the high quality images taken by Spirit and Opportunity and NASA avoiding my questions about these images tells me that they know something and are not wanting to share.

Ok, in case I am wrong, it could happen. If anyone knows where NASA is keeping the high quality images of Spirit and Opportunity then please post the address here on this thread. I have been all over NASA's site and cannot find it. Thanks.]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Stari,

Not sure what you mean.. Nowhere near the lander..
None of these images are near the lander. They are near the heatshield.

All taken in the same timeframe, within a few days of each other..

Take a look at this beautiful panorama of the location..
www.nasa.gov...

Now, after observing this nice color rendering..give me an idea of where your "duck" would fit in. Where, along the debris pattern, do you think it may have been?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Not sure what you mean.. Nowhere near the lander..

That is not what I said

Originally posted by Stari
The image of the so called duck is in a part of ground that has been dug up by the lander. The image that spacedoubt has shown us is an image of lander debris. And no where near the rut in the ground.

That is what I said.

What I call the so called duck, and I named it that just because it resembles one, is IN the rut created by the lander. What you are showing us is not in the rut it is before the rut and the image I showed with the so called duck was taken on Sol 324, yours was on Sol 270? Is that correct? If not then please let me know. I would need to study more of those images.

I have taken your image and then mine and side by side studied them and I will continue to do this, but I still do not see the so called duck in what you are showing me here.

This so called duck is in 4 consecutive images then it is gone. I have not found it since.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What I meant was these are shots taken of, and around the HEATSHIELD, not the lander.
The lander is hundreds of yards away, in a small crater.

The Panorama I referenced was put together on Sol 330. Same timeframe as your duck.
Same location too..
more panorama info

Now, i am not giving you a hard time or anything. I'm merely asking you to
support your findings, with the additional information I have provided.

The Color panorama is an "opportunity" for you to figure out where the thing-a-ma-duck may have been located. It may not be IN the panorama, it was taken a few days after your example.. But since we are talking about the SAME PLACE. Please try and identify where you think it was located. Crop section from the panorama that applies, and put and arrow on it or something..

Regards

Space

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Honestly, it just looks like light shining on a rock.

agreed

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
Here is what alot of people tell me is just a rock, but if you look closely you will see perfectly round holes and this, to me, does not look like an ordinary rock. to see that image.
This is either a possible Rod or a possible Mars bug. I have not heard from people about this image yet so let er rip... to see the possible Rod or Mars bug then please tell me what you think this is.

The shiny rock I see what you mean by that it could be a possible Cog as it has the arch and tooth look. Its kind of hard to tell with the other piece being buried in the dirt, but I see what you mean. Its shiny so it could also be volcanic possibly?
The rod I think looks like a error in the pic, more like a blemish then something that is actually in the picture.

Pie

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What I meant was these are shots taken of, and around the HEATSHIELD

My bad, your right, it is the heat shield.

Now, i am not giving you a hard time or anything

I dont think you are.. we are bringing minds together to figure something out.

Please try and identify where you think it was located. Crop section from the panorama that applies, and put and arrow on it or something..

Ok, I understand what you are saying now.. I will definately try to give it a shot. It is from a different angle but I am sure I will be able to do this. Please give me a week at least to get this done.. I have to work all week, many hours.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Thats great!

I look forward to your reply.

Yes it's quite a different angle.
Starting with your original source picture, you would mentally drive the rover like you wanted to circle the impact site counter-clockwise. then, when about 30 percent around the site, you would move closer head on..looking directly at it..(roughly)..

Space

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ok, let me start by saying thank you Spacedoubt for your patience in my response. Today is the first I have been able to look into this further.

As I went back and forth between the pictures to measure up where I believe the duck is located in the rut I realized that the debris from the heat shield is not in the image that shows the duck. So I decided that more investigation was needed.

I then went to NASA's public archive and looked into other Sols near the date of my Sol 324 and your Sol 330. And while I was looking over these images I realized that in every one of them where you can see the debris of the heat shield the debris never moves from its position. From what I am see'ing it is constant in all images. Where as the duck is not.

So now there is a new question. Did the debris blow there in a strong wind and then logged itself after Sol 324 and before Sol 330. I am going to keep looking through the archives because this is a question I want answered.. if you have an image of the debris that is in a different position than the image you have displayed here then please can I have that link?

Below is a link to the image you wanted me to put a circle around showing where I believe the duck was located at during Sol 324.

link to image

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well I just found an image proving that the debris from the heat shield IS the duck. The link is here. This shows a great resemblance to the duck.

Now.. what about the other images? Especially:
this one. I know not everyone see's the wings on the left side but they are there.

And this one:

The holes on this is symmetrical. That can't be natural. Can it? Does someone have a image of a natural rock that has holes in it that are symmetrical?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thats great Stari.
I'm glad you went in and researched it further.
I had seen that image, where the reflection looked ducklike, but then lost it in the flurry of other images!.
I think we've solved that one together.
The others, I'm not sure about.
I'm tempted to say the first one is just debris that landed on the camera temporarily.

I'll click through the Rover photo collections. And come back here and post something.

Cheers,

Space

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join