It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An amazing find on Mars!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hi, I wanted to share some images of Mars that I have found during my research. This is an image I made out of 3 consecutive images taken by Opportunities panoramic camera on Sol 324. I found what appears to be a moving bug of some sort. I think it resembles a duck. To see the image you can go to www.toledoconnection.com.... From this page you can find a link to the page with each individual image and a link back to NASA's public archive where I found the image. I am having a problem with my uploading images here on ATS so I cannot upload the image until it is fixed, sorry.

This image is a composite of all 3 images. I did this so everyone can see the movement of this thing. I found this image on February 11, 2005 and I was very excited when I found this. No one has been able to reasonably explain this to me. So I thought I would put it out here for ATS to give it a shot to reasonably explain what it could be.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Honestly, it just looks like light shining on a rock.

I don't see a duck, i see a vague seahorse shape
in one of them though.

Without knowing more than what you've said,
and just seeing that picture, I think it's a case of
the brain trying to find a familiar pattern in a chaotic structure.

jra

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It sure would be nice to see the oringal picture. These zoomed in images look like a garbled mess.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Honestly, it DOES look like a Horse rearing up, then morphing into a duck.

My question is how much time elapsed between the first, and last pictures.
I'm assuming those are in order of time, just how much time?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Looks like one of those guys doing hand puppets behind a light and it being projected on a wall sorta thing.

But seriously, there is change between the three images so something is happening but without context I have no idea what I am looking at here.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
It sure would be nice to see the oringal picture. These zoomed in images look like a garbled mess.

This page shows the original images. www.toledoconnection.com... and here is NASA's link to the images marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov.... Now before anyone says that it is material that fell off the heat shield during the landing I want to say this.

We know that there is most likely water under the top layer of dirt, we do know for sure that there is water ice at the polar cap. We also know that carbon dioxide is in the air and that something is keeping that element in the air. We have not found any active volcanoes to account for the constant carbon dioxide but I have found lot's of anomalous images with possible life flying around.

Now we have this image where the heat shield has dug up the ground and we can get a look at what is underground on Mars. This is what I have found. Now could it possibly be a piece off from the heat shield? Yes. Could it be a possible alien life form? Yes.

Because of my research and the anomalous images that I have found I am going to keep an open mind to this image.

There is life on Mars.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
Now before anyone says that it is material that fell off the heat shield during the landing I want to say this.

It is the material that fell off the heat shield.

I do not know if it is the material from the heat shield, but the way the light is reflect is the same.

I do not think that a life form would stay in that position from 13:29:54 until 13:33:11, but maybe it was waiting for a bus or something.

Edit:
That white thing also appears on the photos from other cameras, didn’t you saw them?

[edit on 8/4/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

We know that there is most likely water under the top layer of dirt, we do know for sure that there is water ice at the polar cap.

On Mars the globally-averaged surface pressure of the planet's atmosphere is only slightly less than 6.1 millibars.

"That's the average," says Haberle, "so some places will have pressures that are higher than 6.1 millibars and others will be lower. If we look at sites on Mars where the pressure is a bit higher, that's where water can theoretically exist as a liquid."

science.msfc.nasa.gov...

The findings announced Thursday -- evidence of water seeping to Mars' surface in recently cut gullies -- bridge a gap in the beliefs of astrobiologists, taking them from strong suspicion to near certainty about the existence of liquid water on Mars.

"There's a subtlety between having every reason to believe [water] is there and having this higher level of certainty," said Bruce Jakosky, a professor of geological science at the University of Colorado, and the director of the university's center for astrobiology.

"We now know pretty convincingly that there is liquid water on Mars, and that it's relatively accessible near the surface," he said.

The field of space studies is known to throw curveballs. For instance, scientists last week said the latest evidence of water was found in cooler and darker areas facing away from the equator, while many had previously assumed that liquid water near the surface could only exist in hotter, sun-facing areas.

The discovery of evidence of liquid water on Mars boosts astrobiology.

Rumors about what has been actually identified are about as fluid as liquid itself, from water-ice deposits, concentrations of iron, to Martian springs, and even Old Faithful-like geysers.

www.space.com...

A study of the physics of evaporating water by Ron Levin and Weatherwax show that ice on the surface of Mars may melt into liquid water under Martian solar illumination.

Other factors must be taken into account too. These include the density of air on Mars, the planet's gravity, weaker transfer of energy by convection, and wind factors. While they admit their work is theoretical and can be counterintuitive, the ultimate conclusion of their study: "There are no physical reasons prohibiting the availability of liquid water on the surface of Mars."

Biologically significant amounts of liquid water can currently exist on the surface of Mars, Levin and Weatherwax stated. "The previously presumed unavailability of liquid water is not a reason to rule out the existence of microbial life on current day Mars," the team reported.

www.space.com...

WASHINGTON -- Researchers using NASA's Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft announced Thursday that they found puzzling signs of water seeping into what appear to be young, freshly-cut gullies and gaps in the Martian surface.
The startling discovery of recently-formed, weeping layers of rock and sediment has planetary experts scratching their heads.

The wet spots show up in more than 120 locations on Mars and in the coldest places on the planet, said Michael Malin of Malin Space Science Systems in San Diego, California, which built the spacecraft's camera.

And that presents a "perplexing problem," he said, because logic says that Mars sub-zero temperatures and thin atmosphere should have kept those wet spots from ever forming.

The wet spots, which turn up in 200 to 250 different images from the Global Surveyor spacecraft, "could be a few million years old but we cannot rule out that some of them are so recent as to have formed yesterday," Malin said.

www.space.com...

We also know that carbon dioxide is in the air and that something is keeping that element in the air. We have not found any active volcanoes to account for the constant carbon dioxide but I have found lot's of anomalous images with possible life flying around.

Flying around? I would LOVE to have a look at your sources! I would say you should focus you attention at the Methane content of the Martian atmosphere that seems to replenish itself frequently meaning that Mars is either geologically active or that there is 'life' of some sort. That is , as far as i know, the only explanation for replenishing methane in the atmosphere.

Because of my research and the anomalous images that I have found I am going to keep an open mind to this image.

There is life on Mars.

There is surely life on Mars. Check out the last post on the next page for why i think that is a statement of fact.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stellar

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Thanks StellarX for the great links.

Armap: I do not see what you are talking about when you say that the light is reflecting the same way off from the bug like it is on the heat shield. It is almost blinding off from the heat shield, it is not like that on the bug. Now that could be because of the size of the bug. But I doubt it.

Also, 4 minutes would not be that long of a time for a bug to be in the image. Maybe it wasn't underground when the heat shield hit. Maybe after the heat shield hit the ground the bug came to feed on any water that could be present after the dirt was dug up. It is all theory mind you. No proof except for the image. And speaking of image.

Here is another image of the first anomalous image I found when I was searching for life on Mars. Click here to see the bug. It is totally amazing.

If you have a good graphics card then when you see the blow up of this bug you can see the left side of the bug is kind of blurred, this is caused by wings in motion. You can clearly see that nothing else is blurred in this image.

There is also no other objects in the air, so I rule out dirt from wind. Wind would not pick up only one piece of dirt, would it?

I found this image on November 27, 2004 and I have been searching and finding lot's more images with bugs and what resembles Rods.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What I wanted to say is that the only thing that reflects light in the same way as the "bug" is the heat shield.

Obviously, small amounts of the heat shield material reflect less light than large amounts, but way they reflect the light is always the same, it is a characteristic of the material.

As for you new link, it is undoubtedly a flying object, but what it is I cannot say, and I think that if you were a little more cautious in your comments it could only be good for you.

The fact that the flying thing has a side with a more blurred does not mean that it is because of wings moving.

I have said it many times and I say it again:
We can not create detail were there is none on the original picture; the original picture already has lots of artifacts, and the JPEG compression only adds more artifacts to it.
The way that JPEG compresses images makes them look good enough at a distance, but we can never use a blow up from a JPEG image to judge on the colour or shape of the outline of any object in a image, because the compression changes the edges of the objects to reach a big compression factor.

If this was a TIFF or a PNG image, then we could have a better understanding of the object, but in this case I will not make any comments based on such a low quality picture.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Edit:

Duplicated post, sorry...

[edit on 9/4/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I believe these forms are connected to UFO phenomena such as the Mexico flying human and :

Thread

Thread

I think it has to do with tears of some sort and they shall become more and more apparent as we approach 2012, the time when according to Mayans occultists, our solar system goes throught a gap in the universe and something behind the curtain is revealed.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
To Armap: I use .jpg so that the image is smaller, it takes less space on your hard drive. Also this is the only format NASA offers the images in on the page that I use to get all of the raw images from the rovers.

To Desmond: Those are very interesting images.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Stari, a problem here is that you've made a very poor jump in judgement.

You have more or less said "Because there -could- be life on Mars, there must be life on Mars."

This picture, it doesn't look like its moving around - and the basic contours of the object remain the same with each shot, lending weight to a stable, immobile object. The shine on it changes because of the times that the image was taken at and atmospheric effects at the time.

In the end, declaring that there is life on Mars due to this photo is an error.

Now, I'm not here to discuss if there's life on Mars or not. In truth, I think there well could be some dead life on Mars. I think that on Titan, by some seismic vent or gyser or something there is porbably life in a -very- primitive form. I think that under the ice of Europa exists exotic sea creatures, likely small and nearly transparent (there's no light down there), the likes of which we have never seen.

But this picture in particular does not indicate life on Mars.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Imagine a space colony on Mars and finding ancient yet expensive junk of its time! Would it be held on a secure location? Or would this junk be available to whoever gets to it first?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Could it be a monkey? Like Spacedoubt?

I dont see what this thing could be.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Oh. I see what it is.
It's a little bit of debris from the landing thingamabob.
Blowing a little in the wind, I guess.

Yes, folks, we humans will toss our garbage anywhere we can.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desmond
I believe these forms are connected to UFO phenomena such as the Mexico flying human and [...]
I think it has to do with tears of some sort and they shall become more and more apparent as we approach 2012, the time when according to Mayans occultists, our solar system goes throught a gap in the universe and something behind the curtain is revealed.

That's an awful lot of different stuff to get thrown into the same crazy basket, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Could it be a monkey? Like Spacedoubt?

I dont see what this thing could be.

I am NOT a Monkey..I am an APE! a GREAT Ape to be more precise..

Stari,

Have you also taken into consideration that these images were all taken through different filters? DIfferent wavelenghts..I was looking through the
source page and noticed that the series of photos was taken through multiple
filters, both of visible, and non-visible wavelengths..
If you like, I can combine some of these later, into color images and post them
here in your thread. Cn't do it now, I don't have the tools!
After aLL we APES are tool users..LOL

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Click here to see the bug. It is totally amazing.

If you look at a lot of the raw images from Spirit you will see quite often that little cylindrical thing along the top left or somewhere in the picture. Dunno what it is but you can see it in the majority of the Navigation Cam photos. It looks similiar to that.

Look at the upper left hand about 2" from left border

Different SOL same artifact on Left

Hey I saw your duck did you see my Xwing/Rock!???

Feel free to pop into my thread and criticsize or expound.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pie

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join