It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psipog.net/ fact or fiction?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The site
www.psipog.net...
is a full fledged psionics site. The whole thing draws you in. "Hey look, a media section/articles/q&a/forums!"It seems great on the outside, but I just feel as if the whole thing is well fakemaybe it is the skeptic in me?I don't know. I have mixed feelings on this site. I really want some input into this.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
That there's one ridiculously easy way to find out if it's fact or fiction...

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i know its old, but that stuff is very phracking real.
i saw ppl learn TK, the basic wheel rotation in a few days after me showing it off and passing the link.
One thing to mention - you dont really need hands close to it, it only just happens that all the media had em in frame. Actually you can do it like 6 meters away (from my exp) or even without a direct line of sight, looking at it via a mirror.
Oh and when i've played GTA:SA back in the days of deep practices the damn thing rotated sinchronously with my turns in the game.

Yeah i know i cant convince with words or some low quality videos, you just need to go for it your self until its done without questioning its reality. Thats basically what i and many others did.

But there are some concerns.. dont go for practicing for more than like 2 hours a day. I didnt follow that recommendation, did like 6 h/day and faced some killer headackes. Until i realised that its some sort of a pay back by my sub c. direct to the spot where i partly focus my attention. Its hard to explain, so i'd insist sticking to 2 hour rule. You can read on that subject in Q&A. Take care.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I agree with krif, its real enough.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'd have to read every artical to give a decent opinion on the site as a whole. But it appears to be a site of people wanting to grow and develope these things.
Nothing real or un-real about that.
The techniques and ideas they hold? Are they real? I havene't read them (but I will later). But the thing is, if you put 10 'able' people in a room, all 10 of them will rely more heavily on different senses, and they will have their own way of doing so. I could no more use John Edwards Handbook of channeling than I could use the Chiltons manual to rebuild a car motor without help. We all have out strong points. It's important that we have a BASIC understanding, and then we learn to grow and understand ourselves and what is going on around us. We can't do that if we are busy trying to learn what works for someone else.
But to have a group of people to talk about this journy would be VERY helpful. Unfortunatly, out of 100 people that lay claim to these experiences, how many are being honest?

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Problem is, I don't see a reason to lie about being able to cast psi balls, astral project, or see dead people. Theres no reason for it, so why are people actually doing it? It ain't exactly cool, its more or less something to enlighten one self, not to entertain another.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
Problem is, I don't see a reason to lie about being able to cast psi balls, astral project, or see dead people. Theres no reason for it, so why are people actually doing it? It ain't exactly cool, its more or less something to enlighten one self, not to entertain another.

Some people (especialy and particularly those who can not do these things), think it's cool. They think of it as some sort of power or something. I think alot of people want to be able to do these things because they think it's a power of some kind or believe they can make money useing it.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I guess your right. I've yet to actually achieve anything, but I don't believe it to be cool once I do.

fum

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
its very real infact i started learning al my psi stuff from there and i eventualy fell into here because of it =).

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Floats TK article from UPC-Online

"The best method is the one that works for you."

one more good link
ppsociety.com

personally i prefer NI's approach at psipog.net.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Clearly the site is entirely false. Psionic powers have never been demonstrated. Anyone claiming to have the ability would really have to try and demonstrate it to others. Infact it'd be facile to do so.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Clearly the site is entirely false. Psionic powers have never been demonstrated. Anyone claiming to have the ability would really have to try and demonstrate it to others. Infact it'd be facile to do so.

how do you imagine that? yeah i could demo it to friends and such. And there are always those who refuse to believe no matter what they see and those who dont need a demo to be anything of a great but just the links to the info to do it them selfs. Under controlled lab conditions? get real. And how do you imagine it to hit the media?
RV is considered psionics as well btw.. you dont believe in that too? dig this FOI:
blackvault.com...

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by krif
Under controlled lab conditions? get real.

What is unrealistic about that?

And how do you imagine it to hit the media?

Who cares how the public media takes it. Such an experiment could be published in a journal.

RV is considered psionics as well btw.. you dont believe in that too?

Its never been demonstrated under controlle conditions.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

quote: RV is considered psionics as well btw.. you dont believe in that too?
reply: Its never been demonstrated under controlle conditions.

Yes it has. Remote Viewing has been proven "Proof Positive" several times, including on a show with that name, under scientific controlled conditions.

Remote Viewing was deemed Proof Positive, although there is no statistical way to test the sucess of the remote views, although they did come up with at least 12 major hits, more than double of what had been expected.

www.tv.com...

Getting back to Psipog itself, I believe their core material is real, but their videos and pictures are mostly or all faked in my opinion. While I believe in what they call "Psionics", I don't think it should just be used as party tricks to impress your friends, so I tend to look down on groups of people like the Psipog community. They have a lot of good information to share, though.

Nygdan, have you ever tried to move a psiwheel or any of the other things their site talks about, or do you just take other people's word for it that it's not possible? If you have seriously attempted such things for at least 30 minutes each day, for a week straight and still came up with nothing, then I would be more compelled to believe what you are saying. Take a scientific approach to it, and see what happens.

The Psychokinetic Ability Research Project

Thanks for the links Krif, especially the UPC one. Look like it has lots of good information.

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
np.
imo the shaking effect happens after you try at it for long enough.
why? couse you believe that it really cant move and sub c will try to stick to that, but your vision gets blurry and your eyes do move a bit. That's when sub c moves the object in the same direction a bit. And it starts to shake it, the shaking it self is almost unnoticeable but when you do notice it - bam and it moves couse you realise it can't shake, that message goes to the sub c. and it tells 'ok, i'll move it then'.
the whole thing is only about talking and tricking your sub c. into it.
but that's my exp and my 2 cents only.

[edit on 10-5-2006 by krif]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
30 minutes a day, for a week.

first of all. there is no time limit on developing paranormal abilities. it happens to some after or during traumatic events in their lives, or it happens in a week or a year, or more. or never!

look more into the theories out there on how we create reality and how we can manipulate reality, to get a clue.
if your going more on the (to simplify it) belief makes things real route. then your time that it takes to develop the "skill" to spin a wheel, levitate a rock, or light paper on fire without touching it, is indefinite, because the program we seem to be running on as humans, doesnt seem to want to allow us such control.

thats why you mainly hear of these magnificent feats of mankind, coming from monks, and those whose lives are dedicated to just a higher development of self. theyre not so involved in the skeptic society we live in, and therefore its easier for them to tap into this knowledge and use it.

there are other factors into the theories of how such paranormal feats talked about and documented worlwide, are done, but i dont feel like getting into that.
i suggest holographic universe by michael talbot. thats a decent starter into a nice theory on your world and the miracles in his book and those that happen around the world everyday.

just because someone spins a psiwheel does not lower their credibility. your values on "psychic abilities" have nothing to do with the ability itself. so why even talk down on others, because you think its oh so cliche and its probably just fake because its cliche, or because its whats most done by young men and women interested in psi, and what is mainly on the internet when it comes to pk.

you dont expect anyone trying to get into pk to just start off tryin to scoot there tv across the floor. if the theories add up. that would be the last thing you attempt, because no matter how much you might think you can, you honestly probably dont believe you can. thats why a paper psi wheel seems more possible. its smaller, lighter and not as intimidating. especially since there are tons of video with people moving psi wheels(allegedly)

the internet kinda annoys me now. there is good info out there, but remember everyone. although a person might type good, and sound sincere and knowledgable. they could very well not be, or at least not as much as they believe they are. read how they type and how and if their view slants. i myself stay neutral, and my point of view is usually stated pretty neutral. im not all overwhelming with the paranormal and think every story i read or video is see, is legit, but im neither one to just turn my back on a story that sounds legit or a video that looks legit. i take it in, and go on about my business. ive personally had my experiences with the paranormal abilities talked about across the net and in thousands of books. so i need no proof. i wasnt levitating my car, but i have no reason to believe its not possible. but im sure someone would like to through me some physics theory on why its not, and i would inturn reply with a great deal of knowledge apposing his theory. you rarely see a good debate between someone tryin to throughout the usual skeptic b.s and someone who knows their #. there is nothing wrong with physics, and there is nothing wrong with "metaphysics" , but dont let some skeptic jar head tell you one cant exist with the other. they do and have been for a while. i dont even differentiate anymore. whats the point. do your research and learn. dont take everyones theory and word as written in stone. if anything is gonna be written in stone. you should be the writer

i personally stopped posting and looking into forums for info and just started reading books and thinking for myself. taking out any b.s dogma that comes with the many theories out there on developing the many different abilities out there to take ahold of.

psipog is so oldschool. nice to see theyre still around. been a long time

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
I guess your right. I've yet to actually achieve anything, but I don't believe it to be cool once I do.

I've had countless achievements. 99% of them are in the form of something for someone else. But it's thrilling and fullfilling to be able to do something (without extra schooling for that PHD)

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I've got to add in that there is LOTS of proof (in the lab, scientificly)... the problem is, no matter how careful the testing, no matter how 100% on targot the results and no matter how many times they redue these test ... they alway find that doubt because 'what if'...
They always leave that leway of the possibility that somehow the testii or tester cheated or something.
And when they have something completely fail proof as a test - they are hard pressed to come out with it - it discredits the scientist no matter how credible he or she may be. It's a 'black mark' against them in the credibility department of the scientific community.

Hope that makes sence... someones got a headache and it's wearing on me.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
although there is no statistical way to test the sucess of the remote views

Then they didn't demonstrate it.

have you ever tried to move a psiwheel

Honestly, why in the world would I do something as silly as that? The ONLY times I've tried to use psionic powers it to undo women's bra-straps at a distance or make gusts of wind blow their dresses over their heads.

or do you just take other people's word for it that it's not possible?

I take it as not proven because it has not been proven. Can you demonstrate your psionic powers, if you have any?

Can anyone here demonstrate their psionic powers, if they have any?

If you have seriously attempted such things for at least 30 minutes each day, for a week straight and still came up with nothing, then I would be more compelled to believe what you are saying.

I've been trying to make women's blouses open with my mind MY WHOLE LIFE! Forget 30 minutes a day.

AngelaS
I've got to add in that there is LOTS of proof (in the lab, scientificly)...

Such as what?

they alway find that doubt because 'what if'...
They always leave that leway of the possibility that somehow the testii or tester cheated or something.

What? No they don't. Do you have psionic powers? Can you demonstrate them for us here?

It's a 'black mark' against them in the credibility department of the scientific community.

The only black mark in the scientific community is accepting results that don't stand on the evidence. If someone could demonstrate psionic abilities, then it'd be in the interests of the researcher through the competition and pressure of the scientific community to document it and publish it. Anyone that can demonstrate something like that would've done something amazing, people are going to jump at the chance to do that.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
J.B. Rhine & his wife Dr. Louisa Rhine worked in the field of parapsychology research for many, many years and were never able to conclusively prove the existence of a singly psychic ability by anyone--lord knows they tried though.

The belief in and desire to have psychic abilities remains one of mankinds foremost desires. Next to the belief in a "soul", it is probably the most widely held belief of humans and certainly one of the most widely desired capabilities of modern man. A great many people have claimed to have such psychic capabilities, but only one ever showed an ability to demonstrate it in a verifiable way (by diagnosing illnesses and recommending treatments/cures that were absolutely proven to work) and even that individuals capabilities are disputed to this very day (probably because of his some of his seemingly incorrect prophecies of the future). I am speaking of course about Edgar Cayce.

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Astronomer70]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join