It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer proven useless against Heart Complications!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It has been generally accepted that Prayer must work in some way that we just cant measure. Well....this article puts prayer into the "old Wives tales" catergory now.....The study was done in an unbiased and fair manner. It wasnt done by Atheists trying to disprove god...It was a simple study designed to determine if there were in fact any FACTUAL evidences supporting the Idea that prayer actually helps someone.

www.cnn.com
NEW YORK (AP) -- In the largest study of its kind, researchers found that having people pray for heart bypass surgery patients had no effect on their recovery. In fact, patients who knew they were being prayed for had a slightly higher rate of complications.

Researchers emphasized their work does not address whether God exists or answers prayers made on another's behalf. The study can only look for an effect from prayers offered as part of the research, they said.

They also said they had no explanation for the higher complication rate in patients who knew they were being prayed for, in comparison to patients who only knew it was possible prayers were being said for them.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think that its about time that we finally used science to prove that the Religous Right in our Country(USA) have been lying and pandering to the weak minded in our country...which unfortunetly is an overwhelming majority. At one point in time I was a devote Baptist on his way to becoming a pastor...it was the power of prayer or rather the lack thereof the finally helped to show me how utterly nieve and outdated religons are who either A)require prayer or B) Highly encourage it. While prayer on some micro-concience level might help a person to work through an issue or problem. It is not going to solve the problem for them.

The Pat Robertsons, Jerry Fallawells(spelling?), George Bushs("God told me to invade Iraq"), and how can i leave out THE CATHOLIC CHURCH have been telling people for literally thousands of year how powerful prayer is.

Finally Science is stepping up to the plate as it should be to show the religous nuttery that has swept the world. From islamics getting fired up over a dipiction of Mohammed(spelling?) to christians getting fired up over The War against Christams...take ur pick....

Religon is an OLD and OUTDATED practice that was used to help explain things we couldnt possible understand at our technological level. However in todays day and age I fail to see the neccessity of organized Religon and I beleive that this is the first of many stinging reports that will come out and show that.

On a side note i feel it nessecary to inform my fellow ATSers who read this article that I AM NOT AN Athiest I am a firm believer in the Goddess and God...its just my opinion on thier level of involvement that differs from other mainstream religons.

IMHO some form of Higher power exsists....but they aren't like mommy and daddy, they arent going to bail us out just because we said a prayer...we have to bail our selves out and this article, along with more to come, are just the begining of the Landslide of information that will come out and prove just that.

El senor pom pom rides again

JAK

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This topic is already up here: Please add any further comments to that thread.

Thank you.

Closing...

Jak

join