It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians - the most unloyal group of peoples???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
today, i have just realized that Christians are very "unloyal" to their faith...

by saying the word "unloyal," i mean that they continuously question their faith...

like all those documentaries, produced by Christians, that question Christianity...

it is very amazing when you think about it...

now i pose a question:

are there any other groups of religious peoples (Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists) that continuously question their faith???

i haven't really (or better yet, at all) seen books / documentaries that question a religion made by a member of that religion...

it is just an observation, don't flame...

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The way I was raised, I was taught to question some things in christianity, but not all. I was taught to have faith in the basics of it.

I was always referred back to the sheep skin that was thrown out to test God's direction. One time it was dry and the ground around it wet, the next it was wet and the ground dry.

Personally, I wish that more people would question their faith as a test to see if they are following God's word. I don't think we do enough to protect and care for those around us.

But hey, that is just me.

JDub

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
by saying the word "unloyal," i mean that they continuously question their faith...

like all those documentaries, produced by Christians, that question Christianity...

it is very amazing when you think about it...

Just out of interest, how do you know they are christian? If they are questioning it that seriously, they probably are atheists, you know?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I wont call them disloyal, but let me say that they are the fakest people. 45% are confused, the other 45% are blind followers and 10% are severly corrupt. Everybody seems to be confused in Christianity, they will ask you to learn your 10 Commandments as a child but half of those rules they totally disregard. How can you tell someone that thou shall not make idols but you let a crucifix dangle from your neck? How can you say thall shall not worship anyothers but God yet you liken someone to God's son? Then youve got the Christians who dislike Jews yet half of their bible is a Judiasm rip off. Then you got the followers who are subject to peer pressure because they are non thinkers. Christianity is the biggest religion in this country so they automatically fall in line without question because they are scared to be different and study other beliefs. The other guys are corrupt who put profit before God. You got the Catholic Church as the most corrupt body in the history of mankind. Only reason people dont call them out is because Christianity is the biggest religion, yet some Muslim or Hindu guy does something and its riot time.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stunkums
study other beliefs.

I wondered about this from an early age. The preachers that I had at that time talked occasionally about other religions and different fields of study, but they discouraged the congregation from studying on their own about them because they might get sidetracked from (insert denomination or religion type here). It was okay for them to study it, but for no one else because they were solidified in their faith enough that they wouldn't be swayed.

I must admit that I haven't heard a preacher or pastor say anything similar in many years, but it is fun to look back in my past to see how things have changed or stayed the same.

JDub

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTileSpook
Personally, I wish that more people would question their faith

amen guy!!!

i would not go as far as the second part of your statement ("as a test to see if they are following God's word"), but i respect and follow the first...

Originally posted by apex
Just out of interest, how do you know they are christian? If they are questioning it that seriously, they probably are atheists, you know?

damn interest...

just kiddin'

anyway, i honestly don't know for sure, i just assumed...

but i guess i was also talking about regular christians who regularly question their faith in my original post...

stunkums...

thanks for your opinion...

Originally posted by BlueTileSpook
The preachers that I had at that time talked occasionally about other religions and different fields of study, but they discouraged the congregation from studying on their own about them because they might get sidetracked from (insert denomination or religion type here).

in my school (a catholic high school), we study world religions...

i love that class (i am catholic)...

it just gives me more proof that you don't have to be a catholic / follow the catholic's God's rules to get into a "heaven"...

really, you could be anything (but, that's just me)...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Wasn't it Jesus who said something like people will come to him saying lord Jesus or something and he will say I don't even know you.

What I find funny is how so many people claim a strong belief in the man but don't really follow him. Everyone respects him, but few actually follow him in any real detailed fashion, but everyone loves to argue over him.

1. Theres the interChristian arguments
2. The Christian-Muslim debate
3. The Christian-Jewish debate
4. The color debate
5. The Homosexual debate
6. The Gospels debate
7. And finally the historic Jesus vs. Faith Jesus debate

Everyones ready to throw out a thousand arguments few take the proper actions in their personal lives.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoQuest
What I find funny is how so many people claim a strong belief in the man but don't really follow him. Everyone respects him, but few actually follow him in any real detailed fashion, but everyone loves to argue over him.

good point...

i am the kind of person who questions his faith and does not accept everything blindly...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
good point...

i am the kind of person who questions his faith and does not accept everything blindly...

As you should test all things, prove all things; what is a man who knowth a blind faith. Better yet what becomes a man who puts his faith in the rattling of sinful men and trusteth in the flesh.

Put your faith, your trust in Him. Follow Him; follow the lamb where ever He may goeth; and you will never be lead blindly; God will not have his people unlearned or ignorant.

1 Thessalonians 5:21
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Jeremiah 17:5
Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

2 Samuel 22:3
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

Revelation 14:4
These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Christianity as a whole is a corrupt religion pure and simple and irregardless of what you all think ......it is NOT the one true religion PERIOD.

Christianity's days are numbered...time will prove it to be a false, hollow sham of a religion...which it is.

why so many place so much faith in a 2000 year old work of fiction is beyond me.

I hope no one 2000-3000 yrs from now finds an old "archie" comic book in the sand or they just might be worshiping the power of the one called "moose" or the preachings of he called "jughead"

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

why so many place so much faith in a 2000 year old work of fiction is beyond me.

Yes, this has bothered me as well. Isn't the bibles only claim to legitimacy written in the bible? If I were to write a book about a god, lets say jughead, and I gave you this book and written in this book it says that jughead wrote this book through me you would all say "well why should we trust you, you wrote the whole book you, you could have made all that up."

When that is what the entire christian religion is based on. I would wager that if you dug deeper into your christian roots, and really examine them, you would think that you were crazy for ever beleiving this nonsense. but of course your church would discourage this because if anyone "thought" they would have no patrons to take money from.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
well...

just to go off on a little tangent...

jesus was mentioned in other texts besides the christian texts...

i think the earthquake and the eclipse, after jesus died or rose from the dead (i forgot which one), was mentioned in other texts...

i will have to keep digging for you BTSers i guess...

top topics

join