It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR ruins race baiters schemes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
DATELINE NBC premeditates a scheme in which supposed ARABIC looking men would wander about a NASCAR race track with the hopes of confirming a racist belief the PRODUCERS had always held and had gleefully hoped for. As the Checkerd flag waved and the DATELINE RACIAL RACE began, none of the sinister white males would look at them ( the Arabic males ) strangely or call the cops or frankly give a hoot about anything. Soon the RACIAL armies of Dateline retreated BACK TO BERLIN! Ah yes, the sad life of a racist liberal in search of a long held belief. Lap after sad lap they go and go in circles..........never looking in the mirror at just who is who.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I saw this too and loved it.

Did you catch the part where they said they would keep trying till they got what they wanted. I have no doubt that if they dont "find" it they will make it up.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
An all too real example of why TV TUBELAND is out of touch. Is not what they concieved and premeditated exactly what they accuse others of? To plan out such an idea of racism and profiling means you have already reached a conclusion on a certain group and just want it confirmed so you can make a point you already belive in! Such is the pathetic case of DATELINE. They don't even realize they are practicing what they say they fear. Fools. Right after 911 a news crew from MSNBC pulled up in a van with a poor chap from India who just happened to have one of those ' hats '. They did'nt even know he was a Buddist! The point is they kept looking for white kids or groups of white people talking and then they would all jump out of the van with this dude from India. It got to a point that they were almost forcing these kids to touch him to PROVE they are not racist. It was nuttier than hell and funny too! Talk about the BOZO show! Sheesh!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I saw this too and loved it.

Did you catch the part where they said they would keep trying till they got what they wanted. I have no doubt that if they dont "find" it they will make it up.

Wow.

Wow.

We know you're racist. We know it. If you don't act like it, we're going to keep trying to entrap you into being a racist. You stupid hicks are all racist. If we can't get any of you to be racist, we'll just make a movie about you all being racist, since you won't follow your natural tendancies, you racist hicks.

:shk: Nope, no media bias. Nope, no acceptable racism. Nope, no biggotry here. Nope, the MSM isn't a group of ^$@#%$@&$@*%$#
%@^$^# $%@##$s. Nope, not at all.

I dunno if you noticed, but such a blatant act, and the fact that I'm sure PCites will agree with them that the NASCAR people are inherently racist though they may not act like it, kinda upsets me...

Oh, right.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The bottom line is what it is. NBC stereotyped a sport and it's crowd and planned out scheme to confirm their long held beliefs. White males go to basketball games by the thousands too, so what does that make them?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I didn't see this, but they obviously showed it anyway right?

Did they not end up saying something like 'so obviously there isn't the racism against arabs often hyped about or something.'

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just curious.
I have seen many shows where they put someone in a fat suit and put them on the street or at events to see how they are treated. They have had people (actors) yell at their children to see who gets involved. They have had white people wear special makeup to look black and see how they are treated.

Why is this any different? Nascar is very popular in my very red, redneck racist state. Why not see how they react? I don't see it as being any different then sending the cute hot model in the fat suit into a mall to see how she is treated by sales staff.

[edit on 4/9/2006 by nativeokie]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Michelle Malkin had this on her site before it took place.
It seems deceitful for them to try and continue it until they get a reaction but I dont have a problem with them doing a test that consists of filming the reactions to people of different ethnicities and religions if they would do it honestly.

michellemalkin
Salam,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I have been talking with a producer of the NBC Dateline show and he is in the process of filming a piece on anti-Muslim and anti-Arab discrimination in the USA. They are looking for some Muslim male candidates for their show who would be willing to go to non-Muslim gatherings and see if they attract any
discriminatory comments or actions while being filmed.

They recently taped two turbaned Sikh men attending a football game in Arizona to see how people would treat them. They set them up with hidden microphones and cameras, etc.

They want to do the same thing 2 or 3 other times (in various parts of the USA) with one or two Muslim men in each setting. They are looking for men who actually "look Muslim". They want a guy with no foreign accent whatsoever, a good thick beard, an outgoing personality, and someone willing to wear a kufi/skullcap during the filming.

--snip--

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe Dateline should put a bunch of EXTRA WHITE males with the whole " Rush Limbaugh " stereotype ( balding and chubby ) in the center of one of those massive ILLEGAL ALIEN rallies in Dallas and so on? I bet they would get one hell of a reaction, except not what they intended.

Hey wait a second..............they are having a MASSIVE ILLEGAL alien rally in AMERICA? No, we don't have any PROBLEMO.

new topics

top topics

join