It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conquering Iran and WW3; Russia and China, it's not in their interest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think we have to ask alot of questions on where this conflict is going and why the support for Iran. There are some other important things going on in the region. If the US goes to war and it comes down to conquering Iran it may not lead directly to World War 3, but it could be a major step in that direction.

The Anglo-American actions have been much deeper in that area than Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran and Syria. The US has attempted to replace many Pro-Russian governments with Pro-American governments in Central Asia, the Caucus, and eastern Europe. There was recently some major tension between Russia and Ukraine, and tensions have yet to die down.

Iran is strategically and economically important anyway and for that country to fall to the West would be a major blow to both China and Russia. It would redouble US efforts to gain control of the region, maybe with ultimate success, sometime after that the current Syrian government could be removed, so then how do Russia and China react to their region being taken over in such a way. They either capitulate or tensions lead to war. No wonder various people had visions of war over just such an area. I read there was nearly a major standoff in 99 over yugoslavia.

In other words it's really not in the interest of Russia and China to not support Iran. I'm not saying its in their interest to fight the west directly, but to continue to support Iran would have to seem like a must.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by NeoQuest]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This is similar to what I was talking about:

Two major powers traditionally active in the region are responding to the Anglo-American drive for a New Middle East - Russia and Turkey.

Though its a little long.
www.atimes.com...

join