It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has no inter-continental missles:Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The claims and counter claims continue, so I guess we will know when the war breaks out, but hopefully not
www.spacewar.com...

[edit on 7-4-2006 by NeoQuest]

[edit on 7-4-2006 by NeoQuest]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, NeoQuest. Would you like to give us your opinion on the matter? Which side's claims do you think are correct? And why?

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I would have but I can't really tell. It's easy to look at the west as exaggerating, because of iraq but Iran has made alot of noise about its tech. Or maybe others were making the noise for them. I don't believe Iran has everything the West is claiming they have, or that they'll blow the world up, but they may have something big, even one missle.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If they can launch a satellite into orbit doesn't it follow they could also launch another missile payload into orbit? A 150Kg payload would be more than enough for an N-eqiupped re-entry vehicle. It wouldn't even have to go orbital let alone hit the states... any detonation would unleash America's pent up fury. Who wants that?

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I can’t speak for everybody, but this is common knowledge.

But, they DONT NEED intercontinental ballistic missiles, they only need to hit nations who have them, or nations that have friends who have them.

Regional nukes are enough for Iran to reach its goals.

Iran would have no problem at all shooting nukes at nations with the sole purpose of luring them into a conflict that may result in that nation launching nukes at others. Chain reaction.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Iran has no inter-continental missiles: Russia

Of course Iran does not, neither Russia or China via North Korea has given them to the Iranians, considering that some internationally have postulated that most of what Iran has been revealing at this week's wargames have been because Russia or China via North Korea had given them the tech.
Some Say Iran's Weapons Come From Russia

I must admit, I was a little disappointed in Russian Defence Minister Sergei Ivanov's not saying when Russia would deliver such tech to Iran, being they are supplying virtually everything else.

seekerof

[edit on 7-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The way I see it, what would be the purpose of such a missle accept to ward off a US or Israeli nuke attack. Other than that they won't really open up blind nuclear war so it doesn't matter. The biggest threat would be if Iran launched a chemical or biological weapon at israel or hit their power plant with a missle poisoning the land.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
If they can launch a satellite into orbit doesn't it follow they could also launch another missile payload into orbit? A 150Kg payload would be more than enough for an N-eqiupped re-entry vehicle. It wouldn't even have to go orbital let alone hit the states... any detonation would unleash America's pent up fury. Who wants that?

The Russians launched their satellite, and are preparing to launch another one soon. While they may have plans for larger rockets producing them is another story. At present they only have intermediate range balistic missiles.

top topics

join