It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Scores Feared Dead Following Mosque Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Multiple suicide bombers , some reportedly disguised as women have killed dozens with co-ordinated suicide bombing attacks in Baghdad.
The terrorists attacked the Buratha mosque , a major shiite holy site , targeting the faithful as they left Friday prayers

news.bbc.co.uk
An apparent triple suicide bomb attack on a key Shia mosque in Baghdad has left 79 people dead and at least 160 injured, Iraqi police have said.
The blasts happened as worshippers were leaving the Buratha mosque in the north of the city after Friday prayers.

At least two of the suicide bombers were dressed as women, police said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This attack is only the latest in a long line of sectarian attacks that threaten to plunge Iraq into civil war . It is likely that the bombers hoped that the mosque iman Sheikh Jalaluddin al-Saghir would be killed , as he is a leading shia politician and member of parliament . but the Sheik escaped with only minor injuries .

The madness continues , unabated . Everyone will blame some one else as usual , and pointless reprisals will follow .

The so called " rival " factions must learn that there is room for all in the new free Iraq , it is not a last man standing , death match , that only one can win

let us hope that their leaders realise this , sooner rather than later .

[edit on 7-4-2006 by ignorant_ape]

[edit on 9-4-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
My news crawler across the top of my monitor just confirmed 89 dead.

Some here at ATS deny this is a civil war.

My question is; how many dead people constitutes a civil war?

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't think it's a civil war--yet. I don't know how many bodies it takes, but it takes more than just terrorist actions against the other sects.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It isn't a civil war yet, but it will be soon if this keeps up...

I think we need to stop playing referee...and just step back and deal with the survivors later on...

maybe after a bloody civil war, they will be less opposed to peace and democracy...

(I think, I was temporarily possessed by Sean Hannity...did i just say that?
)

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Lazarus,

I suggest you stay away from the heathen.

Of course its a civil war, and ours will follow a la John Titor.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Iraq has been fighting a civil war since US invaded the country the reason we didn't got the first beginnings of it, is because the US kept the fights as insurrections and foreign fighters targeting the civilian population.

But it has been a war within the Iraqi groups going on now we know because finally it has escalated enough to see for what it is.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Whats stoping this from moving to US?.........distance? im worried that once anything happens here of that matter, our rights will be burnt.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Your rights are being slowly burned already. You don't need the Iraq civil war moving stateside to cause that.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
How many "suicide bombers," were active in Iraq before the war?

Something smells like MK-ULTRA, where you take someone who has been worked over at Abu Ghraib, brainwashed, and drugged, then load up the truck and give the guy some dinars to make a "delivery."

One could think that most all "suicide bombers," are nothing more than programmed stooges. Other than that some checkpoints have actually loaded timed ordnance on ordinary Iraqi drivers, then pulled these "prolong the war for fun and profit," escapades.

Were British Special Forces Soldiers Planting Bombs in Basra?

A further article by Kurt Nimmo points to false-flag operations
carried out by British special forces troops in Northern Ireland
and elsewhere, and to Donald Rumsfeld’s formation of the P2OG,
or Proactive Preemptive Operations Group, as directly relevant to
Iraqi charges of possible false-flag terror operations by the occupying
powers in Iraq

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If this isn't a civil war, its certianly how they begin. If this isn't one, why are there refugee camps already? Ya know Bush was kinda right in his bass akward kind of way...he wanted to use (like you can use a people or a nation) Iraq as an example and to spread influnce throughout the region. And it is an example...of all the wrong things and he is spreading influnce throught the region, that of Al Qeada, of civil unrest and Iran, who would be a fool as nations go not to take advantage of the situition there. Way to go dubya.

new topics

top topics

join