It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't ATS allow "Activist" Recruiting?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springerbut consider this the last freebie you get.

Springer...

I'm not sure if that's a veiled threat, if it is, please U2U me to clarify.

As for someone "biting", my U2U box tells me I'm far from being the only one to have noticed the bias.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
So if a "Million Patriot March" was formed to protest against things like the destruction of the Constitution, it wouldnt be allowed to be mentioned here?

And whats that Army recruiter popup ad I just got?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hey Springer would you grant me permission to print these out into stickers and put them all over the city? I mean like would that not be something you condone? Or do you already sell them here?

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
So if a "Million Patriot March" was formed to protest against things like the destruction of the Constitution, it wouldnt be allowed to be mentioned here?

INCORRECT.

This is a DISCUSSION BOARD, the DISCUSSION of the march would be natural and totally allowed. Trying to recruit people to join the march or linking to a recruitent site for the march would not be allowed.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If I tried to recruit people, on ATS, to join a group that does recruiting, to gain more recruits, to go to ATS, would that be condoned?

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
If I tried to recruit people, on ATS, to join a group that does recruiting, to gain more recruits, to go to ATS, would that be condoned?

Did we recruit you to do that?
If not then, yes, er, no. ummm, well, maybe not, possibly, I doubt it, yes not at all.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
See springer, you gotta tackle this stuff like a US Press Secretary.

"I Cannot say yes or no on that question at this time."

"I cannot dissavolge knowledge at this time for security reasons"

"I answered that already."

"Yes and No."

"No Further Questions. Lets break for lunch."

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Lunch...

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
INCORRECT.

This is a DISCUSSION BOARD, the DISCUSSION of the march would be natural and totally allowed. Trying to recruit people to join the march or linking to a recruitent site for the march would not be allowed.

Springer...

What about using the New World Order section on ATS to recruit and build a single one world government with the aid of ATS being my state controlled media

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
On a more serious note Springer, I would like to ask permission again to print out that Preamble of sorts in your first post and disperse it in my city as a flyer? Or would that definetly be a no no? I figure what harm could it do to bring awareness to the truth right? Course your servers may take on another load of aseveral thousand.

Permission yes or no?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
On a more serious note Springer, I would like to ask permission again to print out that Preamble of sorts in your first post and disperse it in my city as a flyer? Or would that definetly be a no no? I figure what harm could it do to bring awareness to the truth right? Course your servers may take on another load of aseveral thousand.

Permission yes or no?

YES you have permission. I am sorry I completely missed your first request and haven't looked at this thread since my last post in it.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
First let me say I am a guest here and will always obey the rules of my host.
Ok, I'm sorry, I think I disagree with this policy. It seems to me that a place like this is perfect for recruiting for causes. Overall we have a rather intelligent population who are capable of thinking for themselves. So why not use this to try and improve the world? I don't agree that by letting recruiting go on this site is endorsing those groups. I just read a thread about the "Star Children" or something like that, does that mean that ATS endorses the opinions of that article, just because it was posted here? I don't think so. I've read this whole thread and I don't understand the policy. You don't have to try and explain it again just for me, but since no one else in the thread questioned it I couldn't help myself.

BTW, no disrespect is meant towards Springer or any other staff here, you guys are great, seriously.

Vas.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What i think the policy is, correct me if im wrong. Discussion of any cause can be discussed on the board, but any recruiting or links to recruiting pages are not permitted.
For instance i remember a holocaust denial thread, i was on the denial side, i did not try to recruit any people to the white power cause!
(im not for white surpremecy i just like the hard side of a debate once in awhile, and like to try to inform people that history isnt fact)
We can discuss anything (that is not classified)

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So why not use this to try and improve the world?

While most causes believe they have the most noblest of intentions, the way I see it (and I'm talking me here) is that there aren't too many causes that haven't either had an agenda, or an adverse reaction in some way. Someone will take an opposite perspective, and if this site even allows it to be seen as endorsing a cause or point of view, then neutrality and objectivity go out the window in a heartbeat. ATS is effective because it is on the fence. You cannot deny ignorance by only hearing one side of the story. Even OP/ED pieces give right of reply. I have learned a lot from other points of view here. Some things get me heated on occasions, but everyone is entitled to their opinon, and that is what makes this website stand-out from others.

As for the "anti-american" sentiment, as a neutral observer (Australian), I agree with Springer. And the simple fact is, if you disagree with a thread's content or theme, help to deny ignorance by posting. Some people's opinions will never change. Some people will think you're an idiot who doesn't know what you're talking about. I have experience this only recently. But you know what? I said my piece, others can form their opinions, and I turned off the computer and looked out the window. I may not have improved the world, but it's still a beautiful day.

Will

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
is the ability to award people who truly get it tons of points.

If only we were able to send something of genuine real world value, maybe in a couple more years...

I have taken a great deal of pleasure awarding Willard856 a great deal of ATS, BTS and PTS "points" for his post above. This is by far the largest amount of points I have ever awarded but Willard has captured the essence of ATS in his post above this one.

Springer...

[edit on 7-23-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willard856
But you know what? I said my piece, others can form their opinions, and I turned off the computer and looked out the window. I may not have improved the world, but it's still a beautiful day.

Will

Now that was very beautifully said.

Truly a lesson we all can take to heart.

wupy

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I can't launch a peaceful protest on the Area-51 borderline? That is against the T&C specifically? Well I guess we all are accepting to be pampered entertainment tonight couch potatoes!!!

Reason = Treason.

Work of the New World Order is here. I'm losing my faith in ATS, I guess I have to take a different forum. Where they believe we've done enough talking and not enough action. For 60 some years!! It looks like I'm being monitered by a specific moderator that I'd rather not point out. Moments soon, my post here may most likely be deleted, like other small sparks of light I've lit. I'm about to leave because, obviously nothing productive can be done here. with this pathetic T&C bogus crap.

Screenshots taken.

[edit on 27/3/2007 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
I can't launch a peaceful protest on the Area-51 borderline?

Certainly you can... and no such thing is against the terms of your membership here.

However, you can't use ATS to organize such a thing without advance approval of the owners.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well it would have been better if perhaps the thread we're locked than moved to the trash bin which is like, absurd. I took my time coming up with the thread and now all that work is in the trash. Which is like so upsetting.

/7A

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Springer,I have to applaud all of you for everything you are and are becoming.
I think ATS and Fulldisklosure are the two best conspiracy discussion boards out there. Keep up the good work..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join