It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of BRITISH Armed forces

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
paperplane - i would say teat the F-15e is *nearly* as good as teh GR4 but not quite

What are you talking about the f-15 is better than the GR4, the gr4 was more on par with the f-14. Which is not on par with the f-15. Nice try tho.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
He means the F-15E Strike Eagle, not the F-15C. Personally I don't see that much of a difference between the two jets payload capability and performance, though the GR.4 does carry a bit more of a variety. For A2A role I would pick the F-15E or C over the GR.4, for the A2G role both aircraft are very similar in capability so I wouldn't mind either one.

[edit on 10-4-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
He means the F-15E Strike Eagle, not the F-15C. Personally I don't see that much of a difference between the two jets payload capability and performance, though the GR.4 does carry a bit more of a variety. For A2A role I would pick the F-15E or C over the GR.4, for the A2G role both aircraft are very similar in capability so I wouldn't mind either one.

[edit on 10-4-2006 by WestPoint23]

You'd pick the GR.4 because its british and the only way to fight in style is by going brit; Spitfire, BA first class, vulcan lol

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
As an American let me just say I'm glad to have you guys as allies. I hope one of these days I get to go on exercise with a few Brits if I ever get into the military, I heard the UK's training is amazing.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
westy , the Tornado was built from the ground up as a strike aircraft - the Eagle is a fighter that was converted to a strike package - and the reason the USAF chose the F-15 (over the F-16 as well) instead of the better aircraft is allways the `made in america` moniker that is attatched to buying aircraft

The `tonka` IS a better `in the mud` bomb mover - even usaf pilots say so!

and golly gosh my spelling was terrible for that quote.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
A pilot with experience of both types once told me that when going low and fast the F-15E 'bounces' quite severely and 'gives you double vision' (don't forget how pilots exaggerate to make their point, lol) while the Tornado is 'rock steady' allowing you to get on with the job much more easily, as he said, 'but thats what the Tornado was designed for, the F-15 wasn't'.

Speaking of low and fast, how do you like this shot of a GR 4 from 14Sqn doing a bit of mud moving?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join