It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of BRITISH Armed forces

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
sorry bout this.... still a noob

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
We all know the EF2000 has advanced A-A abilities and ranks up in the 4-5th Gen.. but how does the Tornado fair against other jets, like the F-teens?

If I posted this in the wrong place, I'll move it

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm very impressed with the UK's military. Small yet hard hitting force it can be. Someone posted earlier that the UK's active force was around 190,000. But how many reserves does the UK have, and if needed could the UK produce a large army? Though that is the point of high technology weapons, to reduce the number of troops needed while increading their effeciveness.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
We all know the EF2000 has advanced A-A abilities and ranks up in the 4-5th Gen.. but how does the Tornado fair against other jets, like the F-teens?

If I posted this in the wrong place, I'll move it

As a strike aircraft the GR4 is every bit as good as the F15E, the F3 however was designed and optimised to take down Russian bombers over the GIUK gap. It has a large range and long loiter time with some good missiles but is most definatly no dog fighter

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
As has been said, western countires like America, Britain etc depend on a small, professional body of highly trained troops, as opposed to monolithic regiments of ten of thousands of poorly trained conscript infantrymen.

Thats not to say we coundlt though, ludachris. In world war two we managed to muster something like 4.2 million men once conscription was introduced, and that was just mainland Britain, not imperial territories.

Its just the british army has been having bad press over here recently, which many blame as a reason for the current recruiting crisis. The alleged suscides of recruits due bullying at Deepcut barracks, the treatment of iraqi prisoners and allegations of ritualized fights to "toughen up" recruits have put the army in a bad light lately.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
paperplane - i would say teat the F-15e is *nearly* as good as teh GR4 but not quite

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
paperplane - i would say teat the F-15e is *nearly* as good as teh GR4 but not quite

i might well agree, but if you put it like that you will be flame bait for every 'US is best' poster on this site.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

i might well agree, but if you put it like that you will be flame bait for every 'US is best' poster on this site.

Naw, he’s British, you guys get a special pass, at least with me you do.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What did you do with the TSR.2...???

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
eek, the above picture looks old!!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
bae's current ucav projects (think theres more in development):-

ucav corax

external image

external image

herti

external image

ucav raven

external image

external image

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Now these 'mine is bigger than yours threads' always have nice pics.. but I rarely comment.. but seeing as it is the UK...

Now chaps if you want a really nice UK plane of the past nothing beats the RAF Avro Vulcan nuclear bomber...

links:

homepage.ntlworld.com...

www.cahs.com...

www.abingdonfayre.com...

I have no webspace at the mo if anyone could post an actual pic that would be really groovy

Q

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperplane_uk
definatly no dog fighter

Thanks for the info. So what does the RAF have for dog fighting? Just the EF?

Steve

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Technically you can dogfight with any plane that has a gun. The Harrier and Tornado(One of my fav foreign aircrafts) could do this. I dont know much about the agility of either one of these fighters so maybe someone with some expertise can fill us in there.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
@ ludachris

ive only started getting interested in military aircraft these past few months (so still learning)

but reading around the net i was under the impression that the tornado gr4 was one of the best 'allround' aircrafts in the world!!

to be honest before i started taking an interest in military aircraft, i got the impression (by reading newspapers) the 'eurofighter' was just a big waste of money/years out of date etc.

yet reading this website (and various others) people say the typhoon is 2nd only to the f-22.

its a lot cheaper too, so we haven't done too bad!!

but yeah id like to hear more about the tornado-gr4, so i too wait for someone to give more details

[edit on 10-4-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ok, who's going to post pictures of Zimbabwean armed forces? Cambodian maybe? No...Tajikistan, yeah. This should be a running trend....everyone join in the genital waving contest by posting pictures of the armed forces of their country. Or just countries that they find interesting.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i think its good posting pictures of the BIG5's military (us, uk, france, china, russia) maybe israel aswell!!

i do like to look at those because some of the stuff may have that 'WOW' factor.

but when people post things like the irish & new zealands armed forces, its like WTF (spammmmmmmm)

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o
but when people post things like the irish & new zealands armed forces, its like WTF (spammmmmmmm)

Dont diss the irish!
Lol they may be small but they pack a punch!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join