It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of BRITISH Armed forces

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Here are some more images that you wont find any where else on the Web.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o
jsf (b)
external image

Is that area 51 in the background?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
new carriers is due 2012 and the same for the jsf (if the deal goes ahead)!!

Originally posted by paperplane_uk
the carriers are at least 10 years away yet. JSF is somewhere between 8 to 10 before its in front line service.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Browno
Isnt the British Army supposed to be buying a new off roader? It is similar to the US Hummer but it is built by Alvis and possibly armoured

Yeah its called the Panther CVL looks impressive.

A little bit more info here for you

www.army-technology.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o
new carriers is due 2012 and the same for the jsf (if the deal goes ahead)!!

Ahem:
www.publications.parliament.uk...

We are concerned that the In-Service Date for the JSF has slipped from 2012 to 2014, some two years after the first carrier was originally expected to come into service. It is essential that the In-Service Dates for the CVF and JCA programmes match. If not, the UK could be left with new carriers without new aircraft to operate from them, or new aircraft with no new carriers to operate from

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Is that area 51 in the background?

No its not, it only one of the most record breaking air bases in the world, the legendary Edwards Air Force Base. The giant Compass Rose should have been a dead giveaway.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
jesus christ mate, ok next 8 years then!!

i wish i never posted the pictures now

Originally posted by devilwasp

Ahem:
www.publications.parliament.uk...

We are concerned that the In-Service Date for the JSF has slipped from 2012 to 2014, some two years after the first carrier was originally expected to come into service. It is essential that the In-Service Dates for the CVF and JCA programmes match. If not, the UK could be left with new carriers without new aircraft to operate from them, or new aircraft with no new carriers to operate from

[edit on 8-4-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Speaking as an American..........Thank God for the UK, and thank God they are on our side.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It moderately disturbs me that a country as small as Britain has an army that is so exponentially larger than Canadas, in a land/population-to-army ratio.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
JIMC,

thanks for that. Speaking as a Brit, I can say that the U.S. and U.K. partership is one which should strike fear into any country wanting to tangle!! The U.S. and the U.K. both have great technological minds, as well as great and highly trained forces. I can say that I am extremely proud of Britain's position in the world, being such a small country as we are... Its amazing that Britain is under 20,000 sq miles bigger than the state of Florida (britain 83,698...florida 65,758), and we are still a world leader, militarily and economically....

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

It moderately disturbs me that a country as small as Britain has an army that is so exponentially larger than Canadas, in a land/population-to-army ratio.

Well, the size of country doesn't really matter as much as its population, views, and legislation concerning the military do. For example look at the below facts, you can see that the polices of a state always determine how big the military is not any ratio of land size.

North Korea

Area- 46,528 mi²
Active Strength - 1,022,000 (Ranked 6th)
Population - 22,900,000

Canada

Area - 3,855,103 mi²
Active Strength - 52,300 (Ranked 66th)
Population - 32,270,500

UK

Area - 94,525 mi²
Active Strength - 190,000 (Ranked 28th)
Population - 59,834,300

[edit on 9-4-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
had to give Harlequin a "way above!!" for those pics.
Great thread you started there!!
Keep the pics coming!!
And I totally agree with Darkjedigs comments, so gave you a "way above" too!!
Im a bit giddy now with excitement after the "way above" give away and those great pics!! lol

[edit on 9-4-2006 by Kurokage]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

Canada has never had to build up a big military, because they don't project power, and it's always been in the best interest of the US to defend Canada as well. The UK is into power projection and is all by themselves basically. They're at the end of a long resupply route from the US, and the rest of Europe would be in a world of hurt if the attack was coming from Europe. So they have to be able to stand on their own at least until a way could be gotten to back them up.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

Yes i would have to agree, Americans spent more money of fishing tackle than Canada does on missles and planes.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
external image

the britisch Nimrod MR2 XV 226

been in one of them . its a plane used to detect and find submarines ect.

[Mod Edit: Image Size - Jak]

[edit on 9/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by walter kurtz

Originally posted by Browno
Isnt the British Army supposed to be buying a new off roader? It is similar to the US Hummer but it is built by Alvis and possibly armoured

Yeah its called the Panther CVL looks impressive.

A little bit more info here for you

it looks like a comaflauged hummer h3

www.army-technology.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sure, it's Canadian at heart, but it's close enough...

Avro Arrow

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
external image

[edit on 9/4/06 by Harlequin]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the vote Kurokage, now consider the size of England and the quality of our football!!! Lets go on to win the world cup in germany! I said to my uncle the other day "football in england is like a war, when we watch, we all pray to God we don't lose the battle, and if we get defeated, its like the world is over"

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
british army longbow

challenger 2
www.janes.com/defence/land_forces/gallery/warminster/images/0123800.jpg

harrier

royal marine

some pics i found in the net... Google is a wonderful thing

<< 1    3  4 >>

join