It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before you doubt the War On Terror...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
When you feel your resolve starting to fade, when the gas starts to put a crunch on your finances....

Stop and remember...

September 11, 2001 Victim List

The above is link to a website that has a link to everyone who perished on 9-11, be it on a plane, at the WTC, or in the Pentagon. Most have pictures, almost all have messages from friends and family.

Please allow me to focus on one individual:

Michael Allen Noeth, 30, New York, N.Y.

Illustrator / Draftsman Second Class, U.S. Navy Confirmed dead, Pentagon, at/in building

Not a day goes by that I dont think of Michael. We went to art school together, he was a kind, funny, and a very thoughtful person. His art meant everything to him, he was very devoted to everything he did and put his heart and mind to. I did not know his family, but i'm sure they miss him very much. I just wanted to say he is still in my prayers. Everytime I am drawing and painting I think of him and how much it meant to him, and how he lived each day doing what he loved most-

Yesterday I was on the USS Russell and walked passed Noeth Training Room. Then I walked in there was a big tv, 2 computers and the most bible from every religion that I had ever seen.

But the thing that got to me and the reason I am writing this is becuase on the wall was a picture of You(Michael) drawing a picture on the deck of the USS Russell it really touched my heart and I know that you were a person who loved and cared for others.

Because of you the men and woman now have a room they can go to relax and have a good time watching tv or reading a bible.

Thank you for being such a great person

I remember when Noeth and I were friends when he was still a BM on the USS Russell. I also remember when his artwork was first shown in the PX and when he was asked if he wanted to reclass.

I will miss all his jokes. He was always joking about his job and about the way he always wore his yamulka(?) under his ball cap. I still have a hard time believing that he is gone, sometimes.

I will not forget you, Noeth.

On-board USS RUSSEL, I remeber Michael, back then, SN Noath, as a shy but very caring individual. He never did anything half way, even on my Fire Parties. I also remeber him asking me if it were alright to borrow one of my sailors to pose for what I believe to be his first painting. It is that of a Navy Firefighter involved in what I believe to be a fight for life. He cought the passion, fear, and determination, all that is needed when combating a fire on-board a ship. So much, I asked him if I could buy it from him when it was completed. It's kind of funny how he reacted to my request, really not knowing what to do or say and he also had that look of suprise on his face. Now I look up at this painting on my wall every day and think of how such a talent was taken at such an early time in life. If we could only turn back the time.

I met Michael on the Cennini Forum where we discussed art; techniques and philosophy. You will not be forgotten, Michael. After your death I spent four years as a Coast Guard volunteer patrolling ports and standing watches at CG stations. I recently qualified as an official Coast Guard Artist. All of this was done in your memory and the memory of the other 9/11 victims. God bless you!

I think that at times, we forget why we went in, and it is because of people like him. We lost a great citizen that day, but America gained a hero.

We CANNOT pull out - depsite the bumbling that has occured, we must see it through.

Huraah!

[edit on 7-4-2006 by crisko]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
They would still be alive....

....Were it not for the gross negligence our government exhibited on that fateful day.......

A day we will never forget.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
When you feel your resolve starting to fade, when the gas starts to put a crunch on your finances....

Yes the War on terror the Bush legacy on an ideology, yes we should remember what?

That the War on terror is now focused in one country alone?

Since when the War on terror's name is now Iraq?

That is where most of our money goes.

Still not accountability for the ones resposible for 9/11.

Hell yes I am mad every time I go to the pump and pay for gas, while gas barons are profiting from the War on terror.

If what you wanted was a thread to honor the fallen victims of 9/11 you should have done so just for that.

But bringing the mistakes of our nation and the fail policies of the War on terror is nothing more than a slap on the face of every American people.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
They would still be alive....

....Were it not for the gross negligence our government exhibited on that fateful day.......

A day we will never forget.

NO!

They would still be alive if a BUNCH OF CRAZY RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS didnt fly airplanes into them!!!

Its disgusting that you forget that.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Skippy- you're entitled to your opinion.

It doesnt do any good to rehash the entire scenario again.

:shk:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Skippy- you're entitled to your opinion.

It doesnt do any good to rehash the entire scenario again.

:shk:

Your statement is way off.

It’s like blaming an EMT because they weren’t able to save a guy who was just shot and not the shooter.

Your opinion is very irresponsible and shows a huge a massive lack of understanding.

The response to the attacks affects the quantity of people who died, not the fact that people had to die in the first place. For you to blame those 3000 deaths on anybody but the terrorists is backwards insane logic.

Your wholesale sweeping dismissal of any responsibility on the people who actually flew those planes is the scariest thing I have ever read on these boards.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Your wholesale sweeping dismissal of any responsibility on the people who actually flew those planes is the scariest thing I have ever read on these boards.

You are way off the subject, skippytjc, ATS has a very nice data base on 9/11 with all kind of conspiracy theories about what, who and when 9/11 happen.

I guess you has missed the whole thread on those conspiracy theories since you have been around.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm not scarey at all, Skippy.

Its been established here and there that the US planes that could have intercepted this attack laid dormant and orders were not given at any point for these airplanes we have on duty 24/7 to INTERCEPT such catastrophe.

Its been established that the Bush administration had ample warnings- many, many warnings of what could happen that day.

I would go on, but like i said, i dont feel like ARGUING my life away.

Its all been said before.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Went in to where, exactly? Iraq? I don't recall 9/11 having any connection with Iraq.

This administration has decided to name its deceitful and questionable set of actions "The War on Terror" exactly so this sort of sentimental pap could sway enough eyes and minds from the facts that invading Iraq did nothing to help cull terror, make America safer, or avenge 9/11.

This is the kind of thing George Packer pointed out in his book Assassin's Gate- it doesn't help win hearts and minds of Iraqis when some servicemen have slogans equating the Iraqi invasion with some form of payback for 9/11. Why are so many of them suffering the consequences of our actions when they had nothing to do with that event?

I could just as well post a biography of one of the tens of thousands of dead Iraqis who had nothing to do with terror but who now find themselves in the midst of a civil war because we found it somehow wise to effect a regime change. But then I would probably be guilty of subverting the will and memory of the dead by using it to support my own policy stance.

And it is pap. Remembering the victims is well and good, but when you try to link their deaths to support "The War on Terror," you are recruiting their silenced voices as a chorus for your own political opinions.

A lot of people live and work within eyeshot of the construction site where the twin towers were. Every day they are reminded of the events of that day- reminded of the victims and the people lost. What do they feel about the War on Terror? There is no single point of view their memory should lead them to.

I agree that pulling out of Iraq is the wrong course of action at this time. But I base this opinion on an assesment of the facts as I can know them, and not because doing so would somehow represent the will of the dead, or the best way to honor their memory. We have toppled the strongman in a nation which has not known democracy for the past 100 years and now we have a duty to remain so they don't degenerate further into civil war, with dangerous repurcussions for us and them alike.

I apologize in advance, if this man was a personal friend or relative of yours, if my words seem harsh, and I hope my point here is not confused with disrespect to his memory.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by koji_K]

new topics

top topics

join