It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas Calls EU Suspension of Aid Blackmail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
As most here know by now, goverments have been suspending aid to the cash strapped Hamas lead goverment of Palestine. The US and England were some of the first to do this. Now the European Union which is the biggest contributor to Hamas, sending them a whopping $600 million a year has joined the bandwagon and is now going to suspend it's aid packages to Hamas.
Now it is important to realize that the only thing that is stopping these goverments from sending the monies to Palestine is the Hamas refusal of recognition of Israel, nonviolence and acceptance of existing agreements
This is not too much to ask of any legitimate goverment now is it?
It would seem so, According to this article by the Al-Jazeer Network, witholding this aid is tantamount to blackmail. The following is a quote on the Al-Jazeer site from Ghazi Hamad who is a Hamas spokeman

We will not accept such a blackmail.

"Hamas was elected democratically and the Palestinian people are punished for their choice.

"The EU will not only punish the government, but all the Palestinian people - the poor, the students, the workers," he said.

If this goverment was truely worried about the welfare of it's citizens then they would swear off the use of violence as a means to thier ends. They would uphold agreements which the previous goverment has made. It would also recognize at least the existance of Israel.
That is if the Hamas goverment was truely concerned with it's people's welfare.
EU Suspension of Aid is Blackmail

Any thoughts?

[edit on 7-4-2006 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

This is not too much to ask of any legitimate goverment now is it?

Israel legit? That's funny. They are on stolen land, hey so am I - but at least I brought beer.

The jews were supplanted in the region, then began to oppress the inhabitants.

So did my founding fathers.

But at least they brought beer.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by crisko]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Dude it is "Aid" not a right to get the money. If someone does not like something you do, and stops giving you money for free. Don't do something that will piss off the donor.

Example:
When I wanted my allowance from my parents as a kid I made my bed and washed the dishes. Those were the rules.

When I didn't want someone telling me how much money I was going to get or how to spend it. Guess what......I got a job.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by sbob]

[edit on 7-4-2006 by sbob]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Yes this is true, like the old proverb says; Dont bite the hand that feeds you. I dont think its too much to ask for Hamas to recognize Israel and denounce violence. Too much pride I guess. If they truly want peace then they will do this. Just my 2 cents.

top topics

join