It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has modified the Sahab-3 to carry nukes – But they only want nukes for peace

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Let me try this again, Were they threatening Israel before Bush launched his world-wide tour of destruction?

If they were, please let me know- I am truly misinformed here and i apologize.
I shouldnt be talking about something i know nothing about.

Isreal has always been threatened by their neihbors.
And besides Afganistan and Iraq were else has Bush's tour of destruction taken us.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thats because Iran isn't inherently racist like Israel, a jewish state, no equal rights for Palestinians..it doesn't matter that they didn't say Iran should be wiped out, the barbaric way they treat Arabs and their racist attitude justifies Iran having a deterent.

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by dgtempeThey are only trying to protect themselves from us.

you're kidding right?

this is a nation that refuses to recognize another nation in the region and has, repeatedly, called for their destruction. having them armed with nukes is a danger not a deterrent. This isn't like india and pakistan where they have them to balance out their threats. Israel has never once said they want to wipe Iran off the map. Israel has never said Iran doesn't have the right to exist. Israel is not a threat to Iran.

Iran didn't have to fear any attacks from the U.S. until they started this nuke thing and even now they should fear attacks from a UN force that would truly be made up of nations from around the globe. The US cannot and should not take the front seat on that attack.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jajabinks
Thats because Iran isn't inherently racist like Israel, a jewish state, no equal rights for Palestinians..it doesn't matter that they didn't say Iran should be wiped out, the barbaric way they treat Arabs and their racist attitude justifies Iran having a deterent.

Iran is far worse. They follow a system of beliefs that dictates death to non-muslims and any muslims that don't follow their strict translation of the koran.

I agree that Israel is not angelic in this game being played but I have yet to read about an unprovoked attack on Palestinians by the Israel's. I also don't recall hearing any Israeli gov't leaders saying that Iran should be "wiped off the map."

Hell, Iranian atheletes aren't even allowed to compete against Israeli athletes in the olympics so please take your sympathies for the plight of the Iranian regime elsewhere

link   
double post double post

[edit on 7-4-2006 by Crakeur]

link   
Wow - they have modified ONE whole rocket ey?

IT'S SCARY!

Let's do some Comparing, shall we?

Nuclear weapons and the United States

It maintains a current arsenal of around 9,960 intact warheads, of which 5,735 are considered active or operational, and of these only a certain number are deployed at any given time. These break down into 5,021 "strategic" warheads, 1,050 of which are deployed on land-based missile systems (all on Minuteman ICBMs), 1,955 on bombers (B-52 and B-2), and 2,016 on submarines (Ohio class), according to a 2006 report by the Natural Resources Defense Council.[14] Of 500 "tactical"/"nonstrategic" weapons, around 100 are Tomahawk cruise missiles and 400 are B61 bombs. A few hundred of the B61 bombs are located at eight bases in six European NATO countries, the only such weapons in forward deployment.

Around 4,225 warheads have been removed from deployment but have remained stockpiled as a "responsible reserve force" on inactive status.

And that is just Nuclear Arsenal.

Shall we go check out other WMD's which the US Armed forces do have?

United States and weapons of mass destruction

The Federal Government of the United States is known to possess three types of weapons of mass destruction: nuclear weapons, chemical weapons and biological weapons. The U.S. is the only country ever to have used nuclear weapons in combat. The U.S. arsenal of weapons of mass destruction is among the largest in the world, along with Russia's, depending on the definition.

Everything for PEACEFULL Reasons ofcourse.

What about Isreal?

Nuclear Weapons - Isreal

By the late 1990s the U.S. Intelligence Community estimated that Israel possessed between 75-130 weapons, based on production estimates. The stockpile would certainly include warheads for mobile Jericho-1 and Jericho-2 missiles, as well as bombs for Israeli aircraft, and may include other tactical nuclear weapons of various types. Some published estimates even claimed that Israel might have as many as 400 nuclear weapons by the late 1990s. We believe these numbers are exaggerated.

Well that is Scary indeed.

And Iran does not even HAVE Nuclear weapons.

[edit on 7/4/06 by Souljah]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
How can they know it will carry a nuke without having one?

This is BS.

Good point Crisko, they may already have some....

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So you are a country surrounded by enemies who will openly and publicy declare they want you wiped off the map you would still promote equal rights to neighbouring countries which despise you?? No.. didn't think so.

Iran needs a deterrant.. against what?! It is a stalemate in it's current situation. Iran gaining weapons with an intent of destroying Israel is a spark of war. IF Israel had ever used a nuclear weapon against it's neighbours i'm sure all Muslim countries would unite and all attack Israel, thus Israel is keeping the deterrent for war in it's side.. The one advantage over it's rivals.

If Iran ever produced/bought nuclear warheads, I would FULLY justify a war and would support Israel's action to remove them from such a hostile and warmongering nation IMO.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
So you are a country surrounded by enemies who will openly and publicy declare they want you wiped off the map you would still promote equal rights to neighbouring countries which despise you?? No.. didn't think so.

The despising is done on a mutual basis. Don't kid yourself. Threats to attack iran by Israel were made well in advance of Ahmadinejad foolish statements. You just weren't aware of it. Only the Iranian government would know how many behind- the- scenes threats were made non-publically. Its funny how an Iranian friend of mine had mentioned weeks in advance of any of this stuff coming to light that israel had threatened to take out their nuclear plants. This was prior to any UN intervention or any IAEA reports being done. Any nation that will threaten another without any type of diplomacy or International intervention first is not exactly a peaceful and innocent nation.

IMO there should be no nuclear weaponry in the ME whatsoever. There is not one country that is mature enough or deserving enough to have such a destructive weapon that can not only harm the enemy but everyone else in the path of the after effects. if they all want to fight let them have conventional weapons where they cnan only kill each other off and not possibly affect anyone else outside their theater of war.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i bet they can reach california...lol.

not....I wonder if it could fit in a suitcase though

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Look, they dont owe us anything. They havent threatened us. Bush provokes and countries react.

they have been threatening us daily for over 26 years. how many times a day do the mullahs preach "death to america?" to them we are the great satan.

I am not on "their " side per se, i am only pointing out here that if we were threatened without provocation, that would be one thing.

see above.

As it turns out, we are on a world wide campaign to bring Armageddon on.

really? i dont remember bush saying anything about trying to bring jesus back sooner by his actions on earth. the iranian president however......

Armageddon and the Hojjatieh Sect of Shiite Islam

Azarhehr goes on to say that the “Hojjatieh… actually believe in the spread of tyranny and oppression” as a means to hasten to the return of the Imam Mahdi. “If you stand in the way of tyranny and oppression then you delay the coming of the Lord of All Ages.”

BTW, Were they threatening Israel BEFORE Bush went on his world-wide tour?

yes from the inception of israel in 1947. they have not, as of this moment, even officially recognized the existence of the state of israel. as far as they are concerned the nation of israel is actually jewish occupied muslim land. the only difference between pre-9/11 and now is that the iranian president has been officially advocating the destruction of israel.

Originally posted by jajabinks

wrong. israel has always included all races of people in its government. it even invited the "palestinians" to become israeli citizens when they originally occupied the lands. they refused.

you will find that israel is not 100% jewish. you will also find that jews and christians in iran are required worship in secret and must pay an additional tax to the muslim government. furthermore, anyone who decides to convert from islam to christianity or judaism is subject to the death penalty (as in afgahnistan).

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

The despising is done on a mutual basis. Don't kid yourself. Threats to attack iran by Israel were made well in advance of Ahmadinejad foolish statements. You just weren't aware of it. Only the Iranian government would know how many behind- the- scenes threats were made non-publically.

got any proof to back that up besides "a friend of mine" said? you know, something like this:

Ahmadinejad: Israel 'will be removed'
Tehran (dpa) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Saturday that the Palestinians and "other nations" will eventually remove Israel from the region.

Its funny how an Iranian friend of mine had mentioned weeks in advance of any of this stuff coming to light that israel had threatened to take out their nuclear plants.

so you are saying that threatening to attack a few nuclear sites to protect yourself from the threat of nuclear annhialation is the same as threatening to wipe a country off the face of the earth? how do you figure?

the best part about this is the blatant two-faced approach of the iranian government. on one hand, you have the supreme leader, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Hosseini Khamenei, issuing a fatwah against the building of and use of nuclear weapons, and on the other hand, you have other ayatollahs ignoring this fatwah (which is punishable by death) and advocating their use, and president ahmadinejad publicly declaring his intention to destroy israel. so which is it? since the fatwah is blatantly being ignored, i'd say it's just a political tool and that ahmadinejad enjoy's khamenei's full confidence.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i have to disagree with the main poster o this thread. the warhead is not modifyed to carry a nucluer warhead infact that was a complete redesign of the warhead.

all the previous version of the shahabs where prototypes. infact none of them went into batch production. only the latest few versions went into batch productions mainly version d(shahab-3D). all the others where prototypes of the final version thats why they where regularly modifyed and thats why every few weeks iran re-test fired a new version with modifications in accuracy and rocket motor and guidence.

this shahab-3d is the final batch production version with increased accuracy, new guidence and modifyed warhead. infact if you take a look at the original version it was basicaly already sufficent to carry a warhead with basic modifications just to the warhead the new missile has had its warhead modifyed not for nucluer bomb but for greater accuracy. the new design is more aerodynamic and is also controlable unlike the previous design. the americans claim iran is building a bomb with 10-15kt payload why would iran goto such trouble increaseing the accuracy and guidence to drop a 15kt nuke which would destroy/radiate anything in its path for miles. with that type of warhead accuracy wont make a bit of difference.

the new design is for accuracy of a conventioal warhead not for a nucluer warhead.

take a look at the design of the shahab-3D which the article is talking about :

www.acig.org...
www.todayonline.com...

take a look at the warhead. its different to the models that they display in parades in tehran. those other missiles where never made on a large scale thats why all the videos you see of the shahab-3 test fires are of this design becuase this is the final batch production version of this missile.

also people should remember that the models that they show in parads are not real but just mock ups of the shahab-3.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
well im sure had we not given away land that wasnt ours, this probably wouldnt be occuring but since its 50 years later ive been called a racist by jewish people because they claim now im advocating wiping israel off the map. what kind of BS is that?

israel should be a state, just not where we put it at. thats what i have a problem with. plain and simple. thats what started the whole thing. the UN gave away land in the middle east when it should have gave away land in Europe.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Skippy,
They are only trying to protect themselves from us.
Can you blame them?

We'd like to think we can rule the world, but we cannot.

dgtempe, you should consider being a defence lawyer or the like?
Let me get this straight: Iran is in violation of the NPT, is seeking nuclear weapons capabilites, giving rhetorical speeches and proclamations stating that Israel should be removed from any map, and yet, you are stipulating that Iran is seeking to acquire those nukes solely for protection from the US? Okie dokie.

Were you not one of those who asserted and argued that Iran was not seeking nuclear weapons, and yet, ironically, you have somehow come to see the light and accept what you had been arguing against by now proclaiming that the only reason Iran is seeking nuclear weapons is because they are seeking to defend themselves against Iranian proclaimed "Great Satan"? Gotcha'.

Iran has configured there Shahab-3's and 4's, along with other cruise missiles within their inventories to accomodate those peaceful intent nuclear energy warheads, which ironically, there would be no need to do if one (Iran) was truly seeking only peaceful use of nuclear energy and technologies.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
im sure iran is going to end the world just like north korea did when they got their nuclear weapons....wait a second....im still here....we are still alive...no nuclear war. where is north korea anyway, i havent heard anything about them since they got those nuclear weapons. i remember how much i heard about them BEFORE they got the weapons like when they left the NPT and all this about them using nuclear weapons was about....what happen anyway?

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
[

got any proof to back that up besides "a friend of mine" said? you know, something like this:

Its funny how an Iranian friend of mine had mentioned weeks in advance of any of this stuff coming to light that israel had threatened to take out their nuclear plants.

Well other then the fact that he's my friend and it was in an IM, nope sorry.
However I found a news article showing that they have made threats from at least as far back as 2003 which is well before my friend even told me about it and before Irans President made those outlandish claims in regards to the jewish people.

From news.scotsman.com...

Outside Source
Sun 23 Nov 2003

ISRAEL has warned that it is prepared to take unilateral military action against Iran if the international community fails to stop any development of nuclear weapons at the country’s atomic energy facilities.

As the International Atomic Energy Agency prepares to meet again this week to discuss the situation in Iran, Israel has told Washington it is prepared to act alone and launch a strike similar to its attack on Iraq in 1981 when its air force bombed a nuclear reactor near Baghdad.

You can insist that such pressures are unimportant but after a while threats like this is cruel and uncalled for. When Israel's hands are clean of WMD's thats when she should be in a position to make demands that other countries must be nuclear free. Claims of democracy does not give you Carte blanche to do as you please and set another standard for someone else.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
im sure iran is going to end the world just like north korea did when they got their nuclear weapons....wait a second....im still here....we are still alive...no nuclear war.

And yes, according to that circle logic, grimreaper797, every nation in the world should justifiably have nuclear weapons, all because..."wait a second"....your "still here"?

where is north korea anyway, i havent heard anything about them since they got those nuclear weapons. i remember how much i heard about them BEFORE they got the weapons like when they left the NPT and all this about them using nuclear weapons was about....what happen anyway?

I think you answered the question quite sufficiently already.
Having said that, apparently nothing happened cause your "still here...we are still alive...no nuclear war."

seekerof

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
well if the US decides that it wants to make a whole new arsenal of nuclear weapons to keep its nuclear ambitions high, whats the point of even having the NPT. were just gunna keep on making these weapons.

when we start to lower our amounts a great deal, then we can complain. since we are making NO effect to reduce the nuclear threat, rather create a new one by restocking our arsenal, whats the point?

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

However I found a news article showing that they have made threats from at least as far back as 2003 which is well before my friend even told me about it and before Irans President made those outlandish claims in regards to the jewish people.

well before the current rhetoric comming from ahmadinejad, but as i previously mentioned, iran has continued to call for israel's destruction since the revolution in '79 just as they have been calling for "death to america" since that time.

You can insist that such pressures are unimportant but after a while threats like this is cruel and uncalled for.

so it's ok for all of islam to call for israel's complete destruction, but it's not ok for israel to warn that it will take action against a few isolated targets to insure its own safety? that's called a double standard my friend.

When Israel's hands are clean of WMD's thats when she should be in a position to make demands that other countries must be nuclear free.

israel has never threatened the complete destruction of another nation either.....iran has pretty much continuously threatened israel's very existence since the revolution. there just is no comparison.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
no israel has done nothing to promote violence. it just took land from people, kicked them out as refugees and well you know the story.

sure israel hasnt done anything to threaten the nations around it, its already taken enough land that it shouldnt have. by the wrong means in the wrong place, what do you expect to happen "hey you can have it because your god said so, we will just live as refugees over here, losing our homes etc." no i doubt it. i doubt you would do that either.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hold onto your hats ladies and gents, we seemed to have hit severe turbulence caused by an unexpected increase in atmospheric temperature due to a global meltdown.

So, it looking more and more like Iran wants to party hearty. Their leaders should never have been released from the booby-hatch!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join