It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shag Harbor UFO: 36 Years Later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Shag Harbour is unique in the world. It is the only case of a UFO accident where . . . we have an official paper trail. And there's no dispute about the authenticity of those documents

www.herald.ns.ca...

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Interesting....but what does he mean by paper trail? I'd just like to say that there are quite a few official documents that are related to the roswell incident, it just so happens that most of them have been blacked out. That's all. Peace.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The paper trail consists mostly of sightings reports, not official government sanction, if I recall...

I thought it was identified long ago (there was metallic debris) as slag metal???

Hmm...interesting to hear the case again though...one of the lesser known ones...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This is really an amazing Case.

The History Channel has recently produced a " UFO Files" Episode about this Case.

That episode the History Channel notes that this Case was part of the U. of Colorado's , Condon Committee ( i.e. Condon Report ). The Condon Report only devoted a few paragraphs to the Case , concluding it was not worthy of further investigation.

The History Channel SLAMMED Dr. Condon and evidenced his cynical attitude and then spent the rest of the Episode exploring De-classified materials about this amazing Case.

It was also noted that a Man who lived at a Lighthouse had found a Metallic "Part" washed up on the Beach near his lighthouse and he claims to have personally handed it over to a U.S. C.I.A. Official who flew out to get it from him, even though the Events were taking place in Canada.

Of course these kind of UFO Cases are not "Worthy of Investigation " by the Condon Report that justifies the USAF decision to end Project Blue Book and "Close the Case" on official investigation of UFOs.

Also the U.S. Atlantic Fleet was involved in this Case according to documents revealed on the History Channel.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
About the older gentleman who "found something" and turned it over.....

Did you see his interview where he starts to discuss the story......then stops right at the good part and says "I don't feel comfortable..."etc..

I love how you find these people in Ufology who will talk and tell fantastic stories but then STOP at a certain point just when it gets to the "good stuff".... because of gov't pressure or not wanting to talk about it any further....lol

Not discounting anything about Shag Harbor because it is of interest to me..... but Ufology has some funny and strange characters doesn't it

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think this is quite an interesting case of a UFO crash. For a start, people saw it go into the water, but wasn't there a strange yellow foam afterwards on the water?

If i remember correctly, someone said afterwards that perhaps the ufo went underwater to Montauk point or somewhere.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
apex,

That's right. According to the De-classified documents there were two locations of activity.

Also just because a UFO enters the water doesn't necessarily mean it crashed. When you consider that thousands of UFO / USO sightings report that the UFO entered of left out of a large body of Water.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just watched a programme about this on Discovery Science. Increidble case, also about how the UFO apparently travelled underwater to Government Point where it, and another craft supposedly were carrying out procedures. The divers talking about how they saw the creatures under the water aswell as the craft was unbelievable. They also refused to believe the official story that what they saw was a Russian Sub. Supposedly a russian sub didn't come in to the waters around the area though then the Crafts just flew out of the water and disappeared. With only 5% of Earths waters been dicovered you have to wonder if there are other things going on like this around the world ? The experts believed the reason they were at Government point was because its the most top secret base in Canada at the time and if, these 'things' took out the main defences we wouldnt see an attack coming. Incredible stuff.

Anyone got any views on the whole thing ? just with the topic being inactive for a few months.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Shag Harbour is unique in the world. It is the only case of a UFO accident where . . . we have an official paper trail. And there's no dispute about the authenticity of those documents

www.herald.ns.ca...

The link doesnt work?

Anyway, its an interesting case. Though considering the strange foam reported, it might have been a giant bar of soap that crashed into the water. Hey, even God has to wash sometimes!

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The foam supposedly smelt of burning Sulphar

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
For what its worth, my father, uncles, aunt, grandma&grandpa lived on cape breton island(nova scotia) during this time and they did infact see a craft on a saturday morning while working on the docks. My father was a teenager at the time.

He tells me that himself, bosch and louie(uncles) were doing their dock chores at about 7am when they saw a large black oval(from how he describes it, it sounds like the classical cigar shaped craft). He said the ocean was calm that morning and this craft was hovering over the water about a mile out. My father described is as simply huge. At that time, in that place of the world, no such things(ideas) of this sort were ever concived so Im not sure that they even knew what they were seeing. He also mentioned that everyone witness to it said it was hard to breath like a kid sitting on your chest.

Alot of people were witness to this that morning, my father, uncles and bunch of other fellas working the docks. Aparently the dogs, there were always dogs around, were going insane and the seaguls, which are always in numbers near fishing boats took off. He said they watched it for about 10 min. before it rose vertically until it was no longer visible. On a possible related note, a freshwater lake about 10 miles inland had went down about 5' over night and to this day remains a mystery to the towns people. The department of natural resources, forrestry and a few other provincial government agencies were there in numbers for some time but could never figure out what had happened to all of that water.

Im always facinated by this account.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by Census]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Interesting stuff. The water thing is weird.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This link does not work anymore.

can you get a new one?

new topics

top topics

join