It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

end to the mason debate...perhaps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman

Just for clarity, this is not the case in the UK, where you become a full freemason after initiation. But then there is no such thing as a masonic funeral in England these days so I guess the whole situation wouldn't apply.

It's that way in Canada too. In the USA, only Master Masons are required to pay dues, so therefore, only Master Masons qualify for Lodge membership. Here, one becomes a member of the Lodge automatically by receiving the Third Degree in it.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crazy_Mr_Crowley The real evil secret society is the Illuminati. Even if your a 33rd Mason sometimes you still won't be able to get into the Illuminati. And George Bush is a member of Skull and Bones which shares many aspects of Freemasonry but with more Occultism.

I don't find this difficult to believe actually. I never believed that lower level masons were a threat to the world .. directly anyways. They may in coordination actions directed from above do things but I see no reason to believe that any given member is part of the 'brotherhood.'

But higher level masons and more specifically Rosicrucians etc are of concern.

All the same I can't see why people join an organization for which its means and objectives are not known to most members.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
I don't find this difficult to believe actually. I never believed that lower level masons were a threat to the world ..

*snip*

How "high" is enough to be threatening? Just so you know, you receive the 4th through the 32nd degrees all in two days and you have no memorization work to do. Just sit back and enjoy. You really don't "get" further degrees once you join the Scottish Rite. They are just ceremonies that attempt to explain freemasonry from a certain persepctive. You just really SEE the 4th through 32nd degrees. Yes, they do confer them upon you, but there isn't some big ordeal that you have to go through to "earn" them. They are there for all freemasons who have earned the Master Mason degree, which takes about two or three months of your time, even if you work full time and have a family to take care of.

So, either you are a Master Mason, or a Master Mason who has seen all of the Scottish Rite ceremonies. You can even tack on the York Rite and become a Templar in the same way. He participates in two (or three) lodges at that point, which means he plays ping-pong on Tuesday nights and tabletop fussball on Thursday nights (and air hockey on Friday nights).

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Now that's an interesting comment. Just which of the writings issued by the College of the Holy Spirit and Fraternity of the Rosy Cross "are of concern" to you?

Rosicrucian Library

All the same I can't see why people join an organization for which its means and objectives are not known to most members.

I doubt many people would do such a thing. After all, it isn't the Masons who are confused about Masonry.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You can rest your head. I'm a high ranking mason, a masonic rosicrucian and other things.
I wish it was as exciting as you imagine.

I've been given the keys to the temple (so to speak) only because I have enthusiasm and a touch of know how from years of study.

You are fearing a group of old men from a bygone age. They deliver presentations on various topics and stumble through initiations. I must honestly tell you that your energy would be better served in some other arena.

If you have any other concerns I will be happy to answer them as best I may.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join