It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone experienced double lines....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hi All,

Dnt know if this is just showing up on my computer, but would appreciate if I can get some help.

all Thread title last post
x PTS: AUSTRALIA-prostitute of the world! >> southern_Guardian
x PTS: AUSTRALIA-prostitute of the world! >> southern_Guardian

I have removed the other threads, however this has been there for some time, with it coming up twice in MY ATS.....

I am sure this is not normal, is there a way, i can get rid of one? I am just concerned because if i delete it, then it could delete both?

Can anyone help please

[edit on 7-4-2006 by knowledge23]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It happens sometimes. I don't think there's anything you can do about it but grin and bear it. Many have asked, but I haven't seen a solution for it yet. (For the record, not complaining SO! You're doing a great job with the site! Please don't kill me!) I've had threads that showed up "normal" for two weeks, then suddenly double like that and stay that way. I don't know what causes it though.

BTW, don't delete one, or you lose the thread from your MyATS list and have to resubscribe, and it will probably do the exact same thing again when you do.

[edit on 4/7/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Zaphod,

Thankyou for the feedback.

I think the team of ATS is mature enough to understand the genuine problems raised by members. I dnt think that they would remove your access to the site for raising a problem which you have encountered. I do realise that you are not complaining but highlighting an issue is important. I have found the team of ATS is bright and prompt in resolving issues and assisting their members.

If this has been raised before, I am sure the team at ATS would have looked into it. I can think, in such a scenario if a solution is not found, to inform, the site members that such a situation does arise and provide directions as to what to do in such an instance, like the point you raised about deleting the thread, as it will get deleted. I did suspect so and hence refrained myself from doing so, however this must be mentioned for new members in this growing community.

If a solution has been found, can I get some guidance.

Thankyou

Knowledge23

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Actually, that part was something of a joke. *laugh* I sent a U2U to SO once and put at the end "Please don't kill me." as a joke.

I know the other times this has come up SO said that he is looking into it, but it's number 372 of the 500 things he's trying to do at once, since it's not really causing any huge problems. You're actually lucky, because at one point the threads were showing up in triplicate. I haven't seen that happen in awhile though. I'm sure once the problem is solved, SO will let us know. Until then, since it's not really a problem per se we'll just have to live with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I thought this was just normal? It's a problem? Just about all of the thread links in MY ATS have doubled up. Meh, I says. Not the end of the world. Just ATS admin incompetence (joke, joke . . .)

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I agree it is not a huge problem and something which we can all live with, however the problem arises and will arise or has arisen in some case where we have subscribed to a number of threads, it increases the total number of thread. For example, if I was subscribed to 20 threads, then the total number will be 40, hence I have to scroll down more to get the information. At this point I just have one, duplication, however I am not sure if this will filter into the other threads.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You're threads are cloning themselves!!

No, just kidding! I thought I was the only one who had seen that. (Really ATS secret agenda, pushing certain threads more than others, lol)

It's just one of those ATS bugs you can learn to live with.

btw - deleting one will delete the other as well, in case anyone wants to know. (read: ATS Adminisrators)

But, not the end of the world, as the watch_the_rocks already stated.

[edit on 4/7/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's a minor technical problem, that Skeptic has yet to solve. It is an issue that many people end up having to cope with, the only three options you have are to remove them and re-subscribe to the thread, leave it or completly remove it.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Odium,

Thankyou for the note.

Do you recommend me to send a note, email or U2U the administrator?

I am not sure how these requests are looked into and hence thought it would be a remainder for future problem solving. I am sure they have alot of work up their sleeves and they are devoting time to help us and hence thought it wise to ask for guidance first before I did so.

Thankyou

Knowledge23

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I would suggest that you use the "SUGGESTION" button for this one, knowledge23.

In my experience, if you u2u a mod with a problem with the technical aspects of ATS, that is also what they would encourage you to do.

Mechanic 32.

new topics

top topics

join