It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book of Judas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I heard today that a new piece of the bible has been found. It is the so called Book of Judas.

It was found in 1970 in Egypt. According to it, Judas was no traitor at all, he did was Jesus asked him to do.

According to the script, it was Judas who liberated Jesus from his earthly bounds, so that he could fullfill his heavenly mission. In practice he was the only of the 12 who really understood Jeesus. In bible, Judas betrayed him for 30 silver coins, regretted later and the hanged himself.

The author is unknown, but it has been written about 300 AD. It has been said to give interesting insight to the early days of christianity.

Personally I believe that this could be true. As I believe some of the Apocryphon are real aswell. Interesting news tough.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by Salama]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Very interesting....however Im surprised you havent been slammed by the anit-religous sect of ATS, could explain why you have so few responses.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Very interesting....however Im surprised you havent been slammed by the anit-religous sect of ATS, could explain why you have so few responses.

you mean the religious sect...evangelicals will have a time with this denouncing it.

But good to see there isnt a heated debate going on. (where no one listens to the other)

Gods peace

dalen

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I saw this on the news today, Unfortunetely it wasn't in English, so I'm not sure exactly what they said. It was a team of National Geographic speaking.

A Swiss foundation and National Geographic magazine are to publish translations of the ancient Coptic text discovered in Egypt in the 1970s.

Although the full details have not yet been made public, snippets discussed in academic circles say it will prove Judas was acting at the behest of God when he sold Jesus to the Romans for 30 pieces of silver.

source

and...
www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 7/4/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If it was written in 300 AD, then it could not have been written by the original Judas who was the apostle of Christ since he had hanged himself. So why is it called the book of Judas?

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You have to remember, during that time, there was alot of different groups trying to making money off Jesus, his life and his teachings, lots of books were written. Everyone wanted a piece of the action, a lot of the experts in the Field of the Gnostic Books of the Bible don't believe a word of the books due to some crazy stuff, like Jessie being an arsehole and using his powers if he did not get his way.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

posted by infinite: “ . . remember, during that time, a lot of groups trying to make money off Jesus, his life and his teachings, lots of books were written. Everyone wanted a piece of the action, a lot of experts in the field of the Gnostic Books of the Bible don't believe a word of the books due to some crazy stuff . . Jesus using his powers if he did not get his way. [Edited by Don W]

It was my impression, Infinite, that before Gutenberg and his printing press, books - actually more like what we’d call letters or articles today - were hand done by scribes. Only a small number of people could write. Even fewer could read. There really was not much of a market in written documents. Only the very rich could buy a letter or book and there were very limited supplies. Although I am not a gnostic, I think they were quite legitimate. I’m not sure the book (or letter) you refer to that tells about Jesus’ early life is a Gnostic book. The Gnostics “lost” the struggle, and you know what they say, the winners write the history.

[edit on 4/7/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The Gospel of St.Thomas is the most accurate tale of a historic Jesus, but the Catholic Church do not recongise the book and see it as heresy (sic) its apart of the "lost books of the bile" i.e The Gnostic Bible (the term Gnostic in this sence does not refer to multi-Gods)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted by infinite: “The Gospel of St.Thomas is the most accurate tale of a historic Jesus . . The Gnostic Bible (the term Gnostic in this sense does not refer to multi-Gods) [Edited by Don W]

Well, Infinite, the Gospel of Thomas is indisputably the oldest account of boy Jesus. Accuracy is a concept invented in the 19th century.

Infinite, I have asserted the three founders of the Catholic Church and then all subsequent variations thereon, were, ranked in order of their contribution:
1. Emperor Constantine
2. Aristotle via Augustine and
3. Paul a/k/a Saul

Christianity is “about” Jesus, not “of” Jesus.

[edit on 4/7/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salama
According to it, Judas was no traitor at all, he did
was Jesus asked him to do.

Which is impossible.

Christ Himself said - it would have been better for my betrayer
not to ever have been born(paraphrased). Which basically means that
the betrayer was going to hell.

If Judas really was working on Christ's orders, then Judas would
be a holy and saintly man AND Christ would be badmouthing a
holy man and telling a lie about the betrayal. Christ didn't lie.
If He did .. then He wouldn't be 'the Christ'.

Which means that this alleged 'gospel of Judas' is either a complete
work of fiction - probably entertainment fiction like The Davinci Code -
OR ... it means that Jesus isn't really 'the Christ' at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

lol.. typical ATS response.. get off topic in the first post to distract from the subject of the topic starter... just my opinion

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Please discuss in the preexisting thread, Lost Gospel Revealed; Says Jesus Asked Judas to Betray Him.

Thanks.

Thread closed.

top topics

join