It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did St. John the divine astral project?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
In the Book of Revelations after St. John has his vision in the cave of Christ with white hair, does he astral project to heaven? can you astral project to heaven?
4:1
After this I looked, and, behold, A DOOR WAS OPEN IN HEAVEN: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

4:2
And immediately I WAS IN SPIRIT: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hello
Most people go Astral in their sleep, when I was taken to heaven as I shared my experience on my thread, I believe it was the one, You can know your Guardian Angel's Name! I was awake, and takened. A full obe experience, where I saw myself lying there, and upon thinking I was probably dead since I tried to move my body & couldn't - the next thing I know I'm standing with the Lord! Only had that one life changing experience. How I pray for that again! So the Lord can move us in sleep & when we are awakened, to be with Him. In visions & in dreams too!
I would say not on our own accord, may we all see Heaven at any given time, but scripture says, No one can come to the Father except through Jesus, so only those who the Father draws unto Himself may enter in! I believe we all have special times the Father wants to show us His mysteries if we continue to seek & thirst for Him!
But because of what Christ did, scripture says we can go Boldly into the Holy of Holies and ask the Father Anything! Seeing beyond, takes much fasting & prayer & yearning to be with Him!
But because of our earthly bound nature, we are all only just starting to scratch the surface of His Great Mysteries! That is why it's so important to have a body of believers to pray with, as did the deciples who experienced awesome wonders of Gods power, even so in the Upper Room!
But to experience the Heaven's Daily like that, Oh How Awesome & Wonderful a Refreshing to our Burden's would that be!

[edit on 6-4-2006 by AngelWings9999]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWings9999
You can know your Guardian Angel's Name![edit on 6-4-2006 by AngelWings9999]

In Judaism your guardian angel is your higher self. You have 5 levels of soul. 3 here on earth if you merit it and two above which more than likely you are not going to bring down. Cool stuff.

Not saying that your higher self doesnt have another name, but I thought you may find this interesting.

Gods Peace

dalen

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELMO777
In the Book of Revelations after St. John has his vision in the cave of Christ with white hair, does he astral project to heaven? can you astral project to heaven?

Im sure you can name it by different names. On a basic level most things are done through the mind.
Like daniel saw a vision but if you were standing with him you would not see it, but you would still see him.

Now of interest, is yet another level where you can physically relocate.
Paul is an intersting character, and despite his role in Christianity, I think he was a Kabbalist.
He mentions that when he ecscaped from prision that he did not know if it was real or vision.

Which means that he had actually gotten out of this reality before from what you would call the body.
The astral part is step one, then one day you wake up and you find you can control what happens in this scene also.

Hope that helps

Gods peace

dalen

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Interesting. The part where he says he heard a voice like a trumpet sounds like he might have been talking about the horn on a PA system.

I have heard some people talk about initiating an OBE by imaganing a door opening in their head.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Astral projection is the modern technical mystic scientist name, but the names it can go by are near limitless.

I mean they probably called it something else considering they were in jeursalam.

English has multiple names for it, so more then likely another language as another name for it.

Makes me wonder whats the name for it in. That jewish language......

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hi dAlen
Yes that was interesting Thank You! I've been told that before how Judaism believes that about their Guardian Angel! You know I've also read similar true stories from individuals about how their loved ones who died, came to them to save them from a tragedy. Or their clone was sent to help one and vanished after doing so!
It is all very interesting, to say the least! All I know is that we have only scratched the surface on all the mysteries & wonders of our God & His Universe & Heavenly realms. Some day soon I know our eyes will behold Him and we will know the truth, & the truth will set us Free!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I rembered it, its Hebrew thats it!

top topics

join