It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants a war with Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have just finished re-reading a thread, US fears defeat in Iran war, and I have come away with the distinct impression that there are many ATS members who would actually want a war with Iran.

It is one thing to ask whether or not the U.S. would defeat Iran in a war but it is quite another to actually look forward to such a conflict. And, I might add, it didn't seem that it was simply Americans who looked forward to a war but it appeared that there are many Iranians and/or Iranian sympathizers who also looked forward to this unthinkable event.

This has led me to ask a very simple question' Do you want a war to be fought between the United States and Iran? I am not asking who would win such a conflict but, again, whether you actually want "to get it over with", as if such a battle were inevitable, and witness a war waged between these two nations.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'd like to see war avoided... but if there must be war - it must decimate one side or the other so as never to be a threat again or the exercise just wastes lives - resources. Swifter, the better. Great hard-hitting question... 'had to think about it.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to see bombing of or a war. Its always the innocent ones that get caught up in the politics of it.

Pie

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Of course I don't want war. However, I believe the US messed up pretty badly, and if this were a normal situation, there would already be war. So I think we deserve it, but I don't want it.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'd rather it didn't come to war, but if it has to, and sadly its looking that way, well it would have to be a massive, totaly overwhelming strike which takes iran back into the dark ages - To leave any thing standing would just make for a super size me version of Iraq, and even the might of the USA couldn't take that.

What I'd love to see is Israel pull off the mother of all sneak attacks, and take the infrastructure down in one fell swoop.... but thats wishful thinking.

All it needs is one more wipe out boast from iran, a little show of force from them, and thats it folks...choose your sides time, 'cause theres going to be no bystanders for that one.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
As humans, we are a people of war. Lets face that fact now. Many people say they dont want war, but deep down, I would be the least bit surprised if they did. Would you? Sure we are supposed to be civilized and all that, but we will never be truly rid of our most primal instincts. Survival, lust, greed, ect. These are feelings everyone has at some point, whether you like it or not. While it does paint a grim picture, but dont most people want to see our societies crown achievements of the past century, most of which have an application in war, used? In the end its a matter of pride. Who makes the best toys, who can blow the most # up, and who does it the best. To me this is how it is and always will be. I personally believe, that soon enough there will be another world war. And why you ask, were overpopulated. Famine, disease, and war have always been a means of population control on this planet, deliberately or otherwise, once again, thats how I feel it is and always will be.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Anyone who actually desires war is pretty twisted.

Totally agree with ludaChris though.

My suspicion is that ANY war with Iran will anger and unite the Islamic world. They will see themselves as victims, the West as aggressors, and the extremist Imams will have a field day promoting their message of hate and conquest.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What a stupid thread.

If I were to say 'I don't want a war...wars are bad things....innocent people die in wars etc. etc.', a dozen other people would either quote what i'd said and agree with it, or say the same thing i'd said but in a roundabout way. That's just the nature of the ATS boards, they're chock-full of tree-hugging, whale-watching, navel-gazing, impressionable uni students. Most of them wouldn't know the difference between liberalism and neoliberalism, without having a look at their definitions on wikipedia or dictionary.com, which is why, like them, the majority of the voting public have no concept of the meaning or effects of geopolitics in action.

On the other hand, if I said, for example, that 'who wants to live with a nuclear-armed Iran?', and then go on to explain that the Iranians should be forced to give up their nuclear aspirations, by military force if necessary and that, in fact, the U.S. needs a war; to win that war and illustrate to the world that they do actually have the will and ability to enter into a conflict and win that conflict on it's terms, a dozen or more people would e-bash me for being a loony and/or a neo-con.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Anyone who actually desires war is pretty twisted.

Or a politician.

My suspicion is that ANY war with Iran will anger and unite the Islamic world. They will see themselves as victims, the West as aggressors, and the extremist Imams will have a field day promoting their message of hate and conquest.

Isn't this what the religious extremists (read current admin.) want? Maybe our fanatic "rulers" believe they are playing 'their role' in an end times prophecy.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Isn't the "Islamic world" already united? By something called Islam? Pretty solid crew if you ask me. No changing any minds there. Or the general distain for Western decadence and geo-political meddling? The Immams may be preaching to fields of glass before too long. I hope not.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Uhh, yeah... they are indeed united by Islam, but I was referring to an aggressive military unification, like what they tried to do against the state of Israel in the 60's.

There are currently massive differences of opinion between the Islamic countries about this stuff. The West has both allies and enemies among them.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
When I saw the BBC4 documentary about the 'Military Industrial Complex' it showed how the first 50 precision guided airstrikes on the Iraqi leadership never hit their intended target.. It also showed how some of these "reliable" missiles managed to end up on civilian homes.. You could see kids, women rushed to hospitals damaged by sharpnel and normal houses flattened to the ground..

I never liked war, I've experienced civil war in my home-country and I wouldn't wanna wish it upon anyone.
I hope this nuclear crisis can be resolved diplomatically but like they say, If war is that profitable, you will see alot of it... Unforunatly.

CX

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Whether war with Iran ends up being a nessessity or not, i don't believe the majority of people actualy relish the thought of going to war. I've often found that the people that glorify and look forwards to racing into war, are those who have never experienced real combat in thier lives, nor will they ever have the balls to either! If you shoved a rifle in thier hand and said "off ya go then", they'd be the first ones to fill thier pants!

Just ask anyone who's been to any of the combat areas, i think you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who is hungry to go back in a hurry by choice.

CX.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
lets say if you did you agree to having a war on u.s soil.would you change your mind.im sure you would.it all nice to say oh will go over there and make a mess but would you want iran to come to your door step .i dont think so. in history the two or sometimes three partys would go to each other countries and battle on each other land. what is the point of war it cost more than peace and at a time when we all should be working together for survival from the earths war against our species.........

top topics

join