It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US illegal immigration problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Why is the govt about to grant amnesty to millions of lawbreakers ?
Polls show about 75% of the population strongly favors increased enforcement and securing of the intl southern border ?

You so much as bring up deportation and you're called a Nazi.
Despite the fact that Mexico deports more people that the US ?

Cheap exploitable labor is just too tempting for the corporate owned Congress and WH ?

Disgusting.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I totally agree. The desire for cheap labor fueled by greed and the lack of loyalty to our own is deplorable.

Another thing: Isn't this country supposed to be a "melting pot"?....well they aren't melting with us. They don't want to speak our language or even be an american citizen. They want mini-mexico here and there and that is exactly what they have got! Only better pay, clean water, and the list goes on.

Just imagine the consequences if an american illegally entered another foreign country. We sure wouldn't have the same opportunity as they do here.

Solidarity brother

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Guys you are making a big issue out of this. How long has "Little Italy" (which is now actually been taken over by Chinatown) and "Chinatown on both the West and East Coast existed, how about other ethnic areas? Russian parts of Brooklyn NY, Little Havana in Fla. I'm sure the list goes on.
Not all South Americans are bad. My family owns 2 restaurants and hired illegals many years ago, after a while my parents sponsored them and helped them to become citizens of the USA. They speak perfect english, their kids are well mannered, fully functional Americans who originated from a small village in SA. They now pay regular taxes and are covered under health insurance that they must contribute to on a monthly basis.
Were you guys planning on working in the fields picking oranges and have your hopes and dreams blown away by a mexican getting the job over you or something? I don't understand. Do you think they can subsist here without eating or buying clothes at one point or another? When they buy food or clothing does that not go back into the economy?
What is better: Buying a Dell computer and having your $ go to India or buying an orange picked by an illegal and the majority of the money stays here in the USA? Outsourcing is hurting us more then illegals are. If you have to pay a worker 6.50hr to pick a bushel of oranges vs 50.00 (maybe less)a day what will be the end result by the time it gets to your fridge?
BTW the Indian who's getting a paycheck from your hard earned money buying a computer will more then likely never end up in your place of business nor will they end up purchasing US goods or services.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There are several other threads in this forum on this subject. Please add your comments to one of those. Thank you.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join