It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Holes Bound to Merge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Link
Two supermassive black holes have been found to be spiraling toward a merger, astronomers said today.
The collision will create a single super-supermassive black hole capable of swallowing material equal to billions of stars, the researchers said.
Intresting read. Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
i guess the only things that i can say to that is, that it sucks...lol

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I always wondered what happens if 2 black holes were pulling eachother and merging.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I don't believe this is the first time something like this has been witnessed or talked about extensively; though I can't provide evidences as to any other times this has happened. The billions of stars part is rather interesting, though.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka
Link
Two supermassive black holes have been found to be spiraling toward a merger, astronomers said today.
The collision will create a single super-supermassive black hole capable of swallowing material equal to billions of stars, the researchers said.
Intresting read. Any thoughts?

Hi,

Two black holes can merge .... nope one will eat the other it is predicted my quantum mechanics.

We have an super Super super massive black hole in the eart of aour galaxie.

ThX

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I would also think that one black hole would eat the other, I mean how would they exactly merge, it just does'nt seem right they just smack themself togeather there has to be more to it, I have been looking at a diagram of a Black Hole and i am not really sure about it, If they are to merge togeather how would each of the Black Holes comprehend each others mass?.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well its just shear force, really. These things are seriously some major Suckage.
i didnt think planets could merge an still make anything out of it, but thats supposedly how our earth an moon are here, with the blackholes, the elliptical part of their outrings would sync 1st, following the rest of it like 2 big slinkies, Only thing is a slinky would be riped to shreds an the holes just bend an rupture causing im sure some hardcore Voilent reactions for sometime,

take two paper cones, an seriously just mash them together, an watch the crickles, that would be the Explosive parts of the blackhole, where it would rupture an spew light an gas, Im sure i have seen this in a documentary.

i have a question, i forgot can they burn out? run out of steam?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I just really don't get how can the actualy black hole be forced to merged with each other they both lead to diffrent places it's like crossing a 3rd Dimension with a 4th Dimension share chaos.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

i have a question, i forgot can they burn out? run out of steam?

Yes they can, but their life is almost as big as the life of the universe, meaning that if an black hole was born when the big bang accured it would still exists and will exists but not for ever, i don´t have here my Black hole book but i think i remember 10^21.

They do lose energy (i do not remember the name of that radiation) but their predators are still them selfs, LoL, here do i see this (Humans)

LoL if you wish for more read this book "Black Holes" by Hawkins (they even talk about the mearging of black holes

ThX

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman
I just really don't get how can the actualy black hole be forced to merged with each other they both lead to diffrent places it's like crossing a 3rd Dimension with a 4th Dimension share chaos.

They dont lead anywhere.

Theyre not portals, theyre just a supercondensed mass of energy that sucks in everything, even light. Combining two, hypothetically would be like two water droplets combining into a bigger water droplet.

Thought I'd think if one black hole was smaller, the bigger would consume it. Hmm.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Water droplets dont suck stars away...theoretically
They say the universe is expanding, & that galaxies push away from each other.
The steady state theory(a theory not accepted) states that the universe will xpand, then slowly start to come together again & the whole big-bang will start ova.
Now, I understand alot about astronomy, I understand that the more massive something is, the more gravitational pull it has.
that being said galaxies are a clutter of stars, each star having it's own gravitational pull. However, galaxies by themselves are quite massive. My question, does a single galaxy have a gravitational pull?
If so, what causes them to push away, rather than pull into each other.
If 2 stars of equal gravitational force are placed side by side, what will happen?
If 2 stars, one have more gravitational pull than the other, were to be placed side by side, what do you think will happen?
Now, those questions are not directly related to the topic. It's just questions...to get you thinking.
Some people belive that black holes lead to other dimensions. Some people refuse to believe that. What happens to the matter that enters a black hole? Does the matter just accumulate until something starts to form? Where does the matter go?
It is believed that, like black holes, there are forces called "White Holes" that, instead of pulling matter into in, they repel matter. Is it possible for 2 "White Holes" to merge? What is at the other end of a "White Hole"? What is behind a White Hole?
What is there behind a Black Hole?
If 2 black holes are going to collide, obviously one has more pull than the other.
The more dominant black hole may "sawallow"(for lack of a better word) the other. What happens to the other? Do they just "merge" & become one?
is it even possible that black holes have varying gravitational pull? If 2 black holes are facing each other, both possesing the same gravitational pull & mass. Nothing will happen. If u place an object between them, the object will appear to stand still, because the force pulling the object will be equal on on both sides of the object.
It's just some food for thought. Should I research it? Should you research it?
What evidence do we have? Other than some theories in physics. Do all theories hold true? Do all theories hold true, all the time?

[edit on 8-5-2006 by sdrawkcab]

top topics

join