It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You scared?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
With the current bird flu hitting the UK I just wanted to probe people's opinions on if they are worried or not? After a conversation at work today the majority of people were. Are you???

It might just be me but I tend not to listen/ worry about such events. I mean SARS, Ebola, Millenium Bug, Comet in 2000.. it seems to be on a daily basis we are all going to die.. but we are still safe.. Does anyone actually think this will esculate and become deadly? Because I for one do not.. And i'm sure in a year or two there will be someone in the media talking about the next apocalypse.. I for one do not believe.. do you??

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Knights]

Mod Edit: CAPS in title

[edit on 6-4-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
No, not scared. Anxious to see where this is leading to and foremost who's profitting from this: yes. No less chicken wings for me, why shouldn't I. The only people who were infected were the ones that came close to the infected poultry. tough luck!

Get real, no reason to get scared, if it was a threat for our lives for real we would have known and seen by now.....:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Scared? No, but I have made preparations to 'head for the hills'.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No, I'm not scared at all.

As far as hype goes, at their worst, news outlets can be the means corrupt governments can get their message out to the people. At their most innocent, the media love to flash big red letters and huge headlines across the TV screen and newspapers to keep us hooked on their product.

If the Bird Flu was really THAT bad, we sure as heck would have been hearing about thousands or millions of people dying. If the best FOX and CNN can do is say a hundred have died worldwide in the past few years (and those had direct contact) we can assume that report is hyped up so the truth is likely benign.

And, personally, I try to take good care of myself... exercise, food, washing hands. I would imagine that an overweight person with heart disease working in the poultry industry would be more likely to die from it than an in shape health nut who doesn't touch dirty birds or have a cat that does.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Dont give them the satisfaction. Go about your life, and simply stay away from chickens. Really.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I saw a news feature today saying that many of the people who contracted bird flu were all drinking chicken's blood (or another bird!).

Aslong as we stay away from chicken blood i'm sure we'll be fine

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nope I'm not worried at all, I think that the problem here is that we need to have the facts of this bird flu in front of our eyes,

I think its also about educating ourselves, Its more that we fear what we do not know about,

Like they say, unless you are going around drinking the blood of a chicken then you really have no reason to worry,

If the strain mutates into human form then yes I would to worry, but until that happens I say just be alert, read the facts, and you wont have to panic...

Do your own research on the matter and dont get caught in the fear factor of all the papers ..imo

[edit on 6-4-2006 by asala]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
And if it did mutate then what? Would we see a meltdown of our communitys, economy and country as a whole? I mean noone will be going to work.. and im sure anarchy would break out on the streets.. people looking for food.. opertunists.. who would actually volunteer to go to work?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It's good to see there are still reasonable people in this world. Not everything is in the hands of the illuminati, NWO or call them what you want. Reason is humanities main weapon, use it!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nope. Got my meds for this thing. I take one red pill....

second line

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Knights, don't panic, we will back you up! Think! Why weren't there more poultry farms infected closer to eachother sooner. One here, then there, where is it now?
Some years ago there was a "normal" bird flu in Holland, there was some structure and it was predictable where it would hit next. So now bird migration is on, logically it's hitting in some places in europe, is it hanging on? NO!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
no need to be scared,
its the mother of all cover ups

its still interesting the timing of this news

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus
Nope. Got my meds for this thing. I take one red pill....

second line
Hmmm...I'll be stocking up on my "blue" ones tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I am not "scared" of the Bird Flu. However, that does not mean that I would continue to go about my day-to-day affairs in my typical manner. Should an outbreak of Bird Flu develop that affected humans, I would stay away from crowded places, I would wash my hands more often and I would make a conscious effort to keep my hands away from my face.

The Bird Flu is like any other flu or virus except that it is more virulent. Yes, I know, I've also read the reports that some evolving strains of this virus have had very high mortality rates but, I have to ask, what can I really do about it? I can take all of the "usual precautions" but, aside from that, what can I do?

I view this outbreak as something natural. After all, this is a living organism on the Earth that, like everything else, evolves. The virus has just happened to have evolved to the point where our own health is now potentially threatened. Perhaps it will evolve to the point where humans do start to become sick and even die at an alarming rate. But, again, what can I really do? This is nature's way of "culling the herd", if nothing else.

The Bird Flu is something that we can cope with provided that people don't go about their lives in the same old way. One thing that would probably really help is to eliminate the practice of "shaking hands". Hand shaking helps to spread the virus from one person to the next. I believe it would be much better and certainly more hygenic to adopt the greeting used in Japan and elsewhere in Asia -- bowing.

Aside from that, we must simply try to remain "clean" and to practice certain sensible protocols. And, if the worst happens, we must accept.

Scared? No. Worried? Of course My Action Plan? To be as hygenic as possible and to be sensible in my behavior. What more can I do? Not much.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
No more drinking chicken blood as a sacrifice to the gods of the midget breakdancing chicken people.

haha

Im not worried at all.
I take that back, the bird flu has me worried.

But im worried that everyone will buy into it, believe it is a serious threat, and freak out. Im not worried about getting it.
If I see people dying around here, then ill tape off a room. If i see people dying HERE, in my city, then ill grab a gas mask... But i dont think it will go that far..

Not from the bird flu anyways.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Scared? Absolutely not!

I'm just abit bummed that I can't go round sacrificing chickens and drinking their blood anymore.

TPL

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm not scared, more interested in how this plays out, when people i know start dying then i'll start panicking.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Scared? No. Alert and prepared to eject with 10 minutes notice - that was last year's stuff. Anyone want to buy a gross of 75Nm masks? LOL.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
With the current bird flu hitting the UK I just wanted to probe people's opinions on if they are worried or not? After a conversation at work today the majority of people were. Are you???

It might just be me but I tend not to listen/ worry about such events. I mean SARS, Ebola, Millenium Bug, Comet in 2000.. it seems to be on a daily basis we are all going to die.. but we are still safe.. Does anyone actually think this will esculate and become deadly? Because I for one do not.. And i'm sure in a year or two there will be someone in the media talking about the next apocalypse.. I for one do not believe.. do you?? [QUOTE]

Yay, someone who thinks like me, if we worried evrytime something happened we would have killed eachother in mass panic by now.
I will woryy about this when it gets near my town, but untill then i don't think much will happen.

We are even getting safer now because migratory birds are leaving.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by maddale]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The horrific panic wont even get started until this hits the US, (if it hasnt already)

We are the mothers/fathers of conspiracies and drama. Thats when the poop will hit the fan.

You will see drama then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join