It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Americans Are Terrorists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
but this idea that we're all gonna be put in camps for no reason is ludacrous. It wouldn't serve any purpose, not only would it destroy the U.S.

Now, now don't be hasty remember probably that is what the Jews though about before Hitler put them in concentration camps.

But it happen.

So still in this world 27jd anything can happen after all.

That we which that never happen in the US is one thing, but horrors do happen in our world.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
They don't -have- to round us up and ship us anywhere. That's kind of the whole bloody point. If you turn the entire country into a prison where the inhabitants are blissfully ignorant (or at least apathetic) of the fact they are living in a prison, you don't have to physically send them anywhere.

You don't need any fancy footwork, black bags, prison camps, or anything. You don't even need bars.

You simply heavily regulate all immigration and emmigration, levee as much monitoring on the population as possible, have them check in regularly with easily trackable codes (under guise of monetary transactions or paperwork), and give law enforcement and military ample power to go as far as is needed to maintain the status quo. There is your infrastructure.

You keep them so distracted with alternations between 5 minutes worth of scandal, then disease, then natural disaster, then human interest, then reality TV show, then sitcom, then drama, then fads, then back to scandals, and toss it in to the regular day-to-day worries about just getting by, and then who really has time to worry about anything for more than 5 minutes?

Me? You? Anyone?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Now, now don't be hasty remember probably that is what the Jews though about before Hitler put them in concentration camps.

Okay, but Hitler did not put ALL German's, regardless of race or religion into concentration camps. That is what seems to be suggested here. How far would Hitler have gotten in his conquests had he tried that? It would be more appropriate for your comparison to suggest that Muslims could eventually be placed into camps, although that's not gonna happen either. But the entire population? I will be hasty in laughing off such a notion.

That we which that never happen in the US is one thing, but horrors do happen in our world.

I agree. But some things are just way too far fetched to happen. This is one of them, IMO.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Fawkes
Odd.
I always thought this was a conspiracy website.
I wonder...

It is, but we also appear to have a considerable amount of chicken Little's running around. Unfortunately they seem to forget that it is not only the US who has adapted similar laws or acts if you will.

If what they profess is the case one would think that other nations/countries would also be complaining about mass concentration camps, yet that is not the case. Shows you that not only is the US the greatest nation on earth, we also have many with very vivid imaginations

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It's a known fact the U.S. has the biggest percentage of its population behind bars compared to other nations.

So, we're well on our way.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
They don't -have- to round us up and ship us anywhere. That's kind of the whole bloody point. If you turn the entire country into a prison where the inhabitants are blissfully ignorant (or at least apathetic) of the fact they are living in a prison, you don't have to physically send them anywhere.

You don't need any fancy footwork, black bags, prison camps, or anything. You don't even need bars.

I think that is a lofty philoshophical argument, and not really what we're discussing here. Ask somebody who has actually been imprisoned if going to work, coming home and doing whatever it is you like that keeps you "blissfully ignorant", whether it's playing with your children, mainlining black tar heroin, or just watching your favorite TV show relaxing compares in any way to prison. Sure, we're all stuck in the rat race, and some things definitely should change about how we're going about things as a nation and as a planet. But we're living longer lives than ever, and I'm not that unhappy right now, although I'd like to see people in other parts of the world living better.

You simply heavily regulate all immigration and emmigration, levee as much monitoring on the population as possible, have them check in regularly with easily trackable codes (under guise of monetary transactions or paperwork), and give law enforcement and military ample power to go as far as is needed to maintain the status quo. There is your infrastructure.

Well, we're already there then. Still beats real prison.

You keep them so distracted with alternations between 5 minutes worth of scandal, then disease, then natural disaster, then human interest, then reality TV show, then sitcom, then drama, then fads, then back to scandals, and toss it in to the regular day-to-day worries about just getting by, and then who really has time to worry about anything for more than 5 minutes?

Me? You? Anyone?

Worrying is unhealthy anyway and it solves nothing, if there is an issue, figure out a solution, deal with it and move on, right? So as soon as somebody figures out how to alter our way of life for the better and not make it worse, I'm all ears. Until then I'm gonna be blissfully ignorant, because I don't have any ideas at this point.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat
It's a known fact the U.S. has the biggest percentage of its population behind bars compared to other nations.

So, we're well on our way.

But that's not because of a sinister and complex government plot, IMO, but a failed system and archaic drug laws. The fact remains that the population behind bars is not largely made up of people who were just walking down the street minding their own business who were suddenly arrested and imprisoned. With the exception of the few innocents jailed by mistake, most there knowingly took some kind of risk and got caught.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat

And why is that? because we are a nation of laws you break them you pay the piper.

If the US treated many of the drug dealers/pushers as other countries do by killing them, even our jails might have less people in them.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think it's a bit more complicated than that. Australia and Canada are nations of laws and accountability too, with a much lower percentage of incarcerated citizens.

I imagine that the 3 strikes system in the US contributes a great deal to the current prison population.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
And why is that? because we are a nation of laws you break them you pay the piper.

Or.......our lawmakers are reactionaries and this is just the start of the biggest mass lock-up outside of the Soviet gulag of yesteryear.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A lot of the laws are geared towards lower income brackets. The laws are not applied evenly. The rich elite do crimes just as heinous as the lower class yet get little, if any, jail time.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   

ter·ror·ist (trr-st)
n.
One that engages in acts or an act of terrorism.
adj.
Of or relating to terrorism.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

terror·istic adj.

this definition is quoted from aol's on-line dictionary. i know, i know, i didn't quote it according to ATS standards, i.e. da little gray box, but you get my point.

and since the closest i've come to this acting (even thinking) in the above mentioned manner is my posts here, then i feel fairly safe.

my behavior may be, at most, classified as disention, or, say, disenfranshionment (WOW, that may be da biggest word i've ever used.:roll
neither of which cross da line into terroism.
no matter what defination you use.

so, as long as b*tching about certain things in our great counrty doesn't count as terrorism, then i'm safe. i think...

sorry, mods,about the use of, um, colorful , language, but it is critical to getting my point across.

Boots out.

[Mod edit - ex tags]

[edit on 7/4/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Sheeple are those who allow their leaders to manipulate them emotionally. One of the first things I was taught in anger management was "Just because someone calls my mother a whore, doesn't necessarily mean that she is."

Mature people know this and are not swayed by the emotionally charged remark. You may be angry that someone would say such a thing, but you realize that this type of attack is meant to cause an emotional response. You also realize that anyone who would say such a thing is probably not important enough to you for their opinion to matter.

They also know that if their mother is a whore nothing they can say or do will change her reputation. And if she isn't, nothing anyone else can say or do will change it either. True honor wins in the long run.

The emotionally immature are easily swayed by emotion and throw logic to the wind. You see it all over these boards. You cannot use logic on these peole once their emotions take over.

The best way to deny ignorance is to start with yourself. When you realize that you have a strong emotional response to a situation, step back and look at the facts. Chances are . . . you are being manipulated. Fear and anger are the manipulator's tools. Don't fall for it. Stay informed and question everthing.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Bad things are going to happen reguardless if you try to stop them or not.
The best you can do is slow them down some.

Fighting a War on Terrorism is like fighting a war on insects. Yea, you can kill alot of them, but you're going to get bit and stung alot and in the end they keep coming long after you give up.
Ever smacked a hornets nest with a stick?
Ever get stung by said hornet?
Case in point.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
(Pardon the pun)

But if we can't manage to load up a bus of illegal aliens and take them to a border crossing, how in the NWO's name are we going to manage to round up "Red Blooded Americans" and ship them off to concentration camps?

Just a thought...

Greyhound Monkeys, not just for driving the bus anymore...

[edit on 6/4/2006 by Mirthful Me]

exceptional point!! Really... if we can't manage our own foreign policy, I'd agree the Govt have rats chance of rounding it's citizens up. I would be more worried about being medically diagnosed or incarcerated for a crime I didnt commit

The Govt can get away with individual injustice but would have a difficult time with doing the same to the collective...

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
in the end you fall to fear and leaders turn on there people.people should always run there lives under there own code of conduct .

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
The Govt can get away with individual injustice but would have a difficult time with doing the same to the collective...

Actually, they can get away with it. The bird flu scare would be the perfect ruse to begin to quarantine certain areas. These will probably be low income areas to begin with. Or maybe rural areas. The point is, that most people will be in agreement on the quarantine until they finally realise what is actually happening. By then it will be too late.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
And who will round us up?

The military? The Police? Dick Cheney? The military and police are the population. Or at least part of it. Those are our brothers and sisters, and sons and daughters. It will not happen. You would see the shortest revolution in the history of the world. It just would not happen. You should be more concerned about the bird fly they created to kill us off...hehe

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is completely theoretical, but from a well-researched standpoint. I do a lot of studies in international relations, and I find it very interesting how the board is set for a colossal change.

The situation between the United States and Iran is less-than-quietly escalating. The Revolutionary Guard is testing new weapons daily, and we have various responses that generally make us look like we have our collective thumbs up our asses.

The potential is there: all it would take is a small spark to ignite war between the United States and Iran. Due to the very strong possibility of secret treaties, Iran might be bait. China is mobilizing as well at a rapid pace - if we got caught in war with Iran, China (and possibly Russia) might rush to Iran's defense. NATO would join in, for a colossal battle royale. The hope is that strategic arms are not used and MAD (mutually assured destruction) does not occur.

Of course, there would be dissenters in the United States over this war. But, with the new executive order in the wake of Katrina, the establishment of martial law, suspension of habeas corpus, and the deployment of U.S. troops to the streets are all permitted should the order be exercised. Suddenly, the United States Constitution is suspended. Fundamentalists who believe that the 'anti-war radicals are dangerous' would not stop this action, in the misguided interests of their own safety. Persecution of dissidents suddenly cannot be stopped, and is even supported in many instances. Congress starts meeting less and less until it is entirely abolished and representatives are simply told to go home. Local police forces are replaced with federal soldiers until new police forces supporting the government can be deployed to major cities.

The war ends with little to no border change, a lot of people dead, words are slung around, treaties are signed, history books change, the international world changes - exactly how is up to the future to decide. Much like any other war we've seen in the past. The United States slips quietly into a police state.

It's total theory, but if you look at how the odds are stacked, a very logical possibility. At least, that's how I'd do it if I were in control. What's been outlined in this thread is part of a potentially huge vector for totalitarianism.

[edit on 7-4-2006 by Nolkyan]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
And who will round us up?

The military? The Police? Dick Cheney? The military and police are the population. Or at least part of it. Those are our brothers and sisters, and sons and daughters.

Well I am going to Use my vivid imagination here.

First of all if something will happen after all in our nation, that is what outside private forces come into mind.

We have a new breed of security growing in America that are for hire, it kind of remind me the chosen ones in Hitler Elite forces.

Another thing, American people has become very compliant, content in their lives, their meager pay checks, properties, fast food chains and wal-mart.

The are not much for a fight, maybe some few patriots are still out there.

Look at the protest about immigration. . . while almost more than half of the American population wants strong immigration reforms. . . you don't see any American citizens in the thousands complaining and protesting, but actually the illegals are.

Why? because we are a nation of compliant mellow people that rather trust the government and the rotten politicians to do the Right thing for them

Yes it will be very easy to make some here and there disappear, tag them a terrorist or with intention to terrorist act against the US and people will blindly believe anything their elected politicians will said.

That is what our country has become, overweight, mellow, compliantand trusting.

And BTW an over active imagination is what has kept many oppress mases alive and motivated against tyrannic governments.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join