It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Gospel Revealed; Says Jesus Asked Judas to Betray Him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

National Geographic
But was Judas only obeying his master's wishes when he betrayed Jesus with a kiss?

That's what a newly revealed ancient Christian text says.

After being lost for nearly 1,700 years, the Gospel of Judas was recently restored, authenticated, and translated.

Some biblical scholars are calling the Gospel of Judas the most significant archaeological discovery in 60 years.

Wow. I would like to see some more information on this. I wonder if there is anything else substantial written in the "Gospel of Judas"

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Wow. This is really interesting. I just started the "Jesus Papers", and I wonder if that information is included.

-- Boat

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Christian Gnostics believed that the way to salvation was through secret knowledge delivered by Jesus to his inner circle. This knowledge, they believed, revealed how people could escape the prisons of their material bodies and return to the spiritual realm from which they came.

I just found this bit interesting. So salvation comes not by accepting the figure of Christ as the savior, but by following the teachings he tought only a few?

I've always wondered why there were so many apostles, but only 4 gospels. It looks like someone wanted to cover something up, and use certain books to their advantage. Wasn't it Constantine who decided what would go in the Bible and what wouldn't?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Pure BS. The Bible is quite explicit when it comes to Judas's betrayel of Jesus. His death was violent and his life was misery.

It makes me boil when they try to paint Judas as a victim, just like they try to make robbers and rapists the victims because they came from broken homes / neglected up bringings ect ect ect.

Any Church that says Judas was a good guy, and Jesus walked on Ice, and his miracles can be medically explained doesn't have me sat in the pews.

Christianity is going down a wrong turn and a slippy slope with all of this Judas was a good man stuff, and its not one i care to travel with them.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
Pure BS. The Bible is quite explicit when it comes to Judas's betrayel of Jesus. His death was violent and his life was misery.

It makes me boil when they try to paint Judas as a victim, just like they try to make robbers and rapists the victims because they came from broken homes / neglected up bringings ect ect ect.

Why does this gospel have any less credability than the others that you are familiar with? And further more, why aren't any of the other gospels in the Bible when it is known as fact that they exist? I think this is the perfect example of people being closed minded and afraid of new ideas.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
judas, well if he wasn't asked to do it by christ then we have to assume it was the work of the holy spirit, christ knew he would do it, and accepted his crucifiction as the will of god, if christ accepted it as such then we must assume that gods will was worked through judas and he had to accept his role as christ did, he followed christ for years, gave up everything in his old life to do so and then sacrificed his new life, for what, silver??? i always doubted that, makes no sence. the ideas been around a while though, wasn't that the basis of the first half of ''the last temptation of christ''.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just another illuminati lie to try and convince the masses that Jesus was a mere man and not the Son of God and Savior of the world. Funny how lots of people on this site talk about conspiracies in the media, but they'll gobble this topic right up and feed into it. Exactly what Satan wants..... and we all wonder why the world might be coming to an end soon?????

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Which death???

A. According to Matthew- "I've sinned," he said, "for I've betrayed innocent blood."
"What's that to us?" they replied. "That's your responsibility." [27:4]
So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. [27:5]

B. According to Acts (Luke)- [1:15-16] "He was one of our number and shared in this ministry." [1:17] (With the reward he got for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out. [1:18]

The two versions are taken from the New International Version (NIV) of the Bible

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tags.

[edit on 6/4/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
sorry it got so clutterd...
im still tryin to figure out this posting...
my appoliges

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
"Pure BS", "Illuminati Cover up"

The document was dated back to those days.. Just like the lost sea scrolls and other similar documents. As we 'gobble' it up, look at the way you so speedily disregard such information as rubbish because the Bible says so. At the end of the day alot of the Bible was creatred through similar scrolls. Many of you seem to be blinded by the 'truth' (in their eyes, and can't comprehend what they are reading isn't true. The fact of the matter is that many of the things in the Bible are not 100%.. maybe the Judas story is wrong and he was a hero. Don't be so blind.)

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
"Pure BS", "Illuminati Cover up"

The document was dated back to those days.. Just like the lost sea scrolls and other similar documents. As we 'gobble' it up, look at the way you so speedily disregard such information as rubbish because the Bible says so. At the end of the day alot of the Bible was creatred through similar scrolls. Many of you seem to be blinded by the 'truth' (in their eyes, and can't comprehend what they are reading isn't true. The fact of the matter is that many of the things in the Bible are not 100%.. maybe the Judas story is wrong and he was a hero. Don't be so blind.)

Hmmmm, and you've seen the document with your own eyes and know with absolute certainty it's for real and telling the absolute truth of what happened? I don't think so. Like me, you can't prove anything. But, I have faith in God. IMHO (not yours), I believe the Bible was divinely inspired by God himself. The gospels that landed in the final book were his divine influence. His decision/influence. God's decision/God's influence. Maybe he knew that certain people were "ad-libbing" the real story in their scrolls (stretching the truth out of proportion - way out). If a book didn't make it into the final version, it was because he didn't want it in there for a reason (misleading mankind). Yes, man wrote the scrolls, but man is not infallible even when maybe being divinely inspired (influence of Satan). Have you ever read the "Lost Gospels"? I have and I can honestly say it's painfully obvious that many were written by people that were trying to confuse the truth. You gotta remember there were alot of Jews and Pagans back then that were doing everything possible to disprove Jesus as Savior....for this reason I don't doubt this Judas gospel was written back then.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The gospels that landed in the final book were his divine influence. His decision/influence. God's decision/God's influence. Maybe he knew that certain people were "ad-libbing" the real story in their scrolls (stretching the truth out of proportion - way out). If a book didn't make it into the final version, it was because he didn't want it in there for a reason (misleading mankind).

SO you believe Constantine had no influence in picking what he wanted to be included?

Constantines Involvement

I do not intend to in anyway go against your religion. I just feel that religion provides 'blinkers' where everything that 'goes against' the Bible has to be wrong and the Bible is eternally right. If the Constantine tale is anything to go by, it sounds like it was put together as more of a story book. It (IMO) is not a brilliant source to go by as many other stories were burned.. Surely every source found can't be called rubbish because it disproves something you believe in.

At the end of the day I do not intend to start a Christian v Non Christian debate, but many historians actuallly analyse every source available, instead of dismissing one straight away. If anything I would call the Bible more biased due to the fact it was actually chosen to add to the story.. but then again as i stated that is my own opinion.

I do not wish to offend anyone or their beliefs, so please if I do ignore me!

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Knights]

link   
Oh, I am SO thoroughly enjoying this thread. I'm also thrilled about this gospel development. So, Jesus wasn't the swell guy everyone thinks he was. Yes, I'm definitely enjoying this.

For some people, the little lightbulb is finally coming on.

Post-Post: Okay, the dude CHOSE to be a martyr via his requested betrayal by his "best friend". Has anything really changed people's opinion of Iscariot? No.

[edit on 4/6/2006 by Landis]

link   

hehehe
Which Bible? The bible is a collection of books...manuscripts...
who put the collection together? What other books were there that they did not choose to use.
(Thomas which does not even mention a crucifixion...this is a major piece to leave out)

Point is, what is called the Bible, is a collection of manuscripts that suited the one line story purpose.
If it had been rearranged we would have learned Mary is the leader of the church, or that Judas is good, etc.

Time has finally come to allow people to see that a few people made a religion and brushed aside aspects that did not suit their purpose. (Now Christians will argue that God gave these men, of less then reputible character, divine guidance in their selection. This is their choice to believe this, but it is an easy way to not have to research stuff for yourself as anyone could give a line like that.)

They couldnt or rather did a poor job of eliminating some key aspects like reincarnation that is blatantly obvious in the N.T. (Bye the way, this is a Jewish belief, so it is not a surprise to see it mentioned there. Most Christians will be surprised to know Judiasm teaches reincarnation, and also that they dont believe in eternal hell, but more like a purgatory like Catholics. So this whole eternal hell thing is newly made up by the Christian sect of Judaism, if that term can be applied)

Gods Peace

dalen

[edit on 6-4-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Could you elaborate? I don't understand...

Christianity is going down a wrong turn and a slippy slope with all of this Judas was a good man stuff, and its not one i care to travel with them.

Wrong turn? What's wrong? IF Jesus asked Judas to turn him in, then what's going to happen, Sermons will now teach "Hate thy neighbor?" Also, It's a slippy slope to say that Christianity is going down a wrong turn.

Originally posted by zerotolerance
Just another illuminati lie to try and convince the masses that Jesus was a mere man and not the Son of God and Savior of the world.

Assuming you are correct, how this does this lie make people think Jesus was a mere man? IF Jesus asked Judas to turn him in, then that makes Jesus a mere man? IF Judus did betray Jesus, then that proves that Jesus is the Son of God?

[edit on 7-4-2006 by Paralaxx]

[edit on 7-4-2006 by Paralaxx]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Just an aside really...This topic is also covered here already. Why was this originally moved from ATS into BTS...or conversely, why is has this thread not been moved into BTS by a mod?

[edit on 7-4-2006 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
wasn't Judas the follower/apostle who was always leaning towards the
Jesus as King theme, believing that overthrowing the Roman occupation
was the mission of Jesus...and not the 'love-thy-neighbor' & the outrageous 'render-unto-Caesar' themes that Jesus actually practiced??

my take on the Judas was duped idea,
is that someone or somegroup of idealogues is painting a favorable
image of Judas...the Judas who favored insurrectionists, rebels, zealots,
and (to be un-PoliticallyCorrect) the historical Judas who would nowadays be considered a Zionist!

imo its a contrived drama

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Why are people getting so upset about this? This should be a good thing, a new book to read! Not quite a sequel, but an expansion. Its like a lost stephen king book being found.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance[/i
IMHO (not yours), I believe the Bible was divinely inspired by God himself. The gospels that landed in the final book were his divine influence. His decision/influence. God's decision/God's influence.

And I believe God devinely inspired someone to find these lost gospels...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join