It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus, Spyware.. Need Help? Here it is

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
thanks Chissler!

Now, what if i was an idiot and actually went into Settings, and removed the 'dot.net.thing from my ""add/remove programs"" can the LSP-fix ....be still succesfull?

It says that it cant find it?

What if i manually delete the file from the C/drive?

Thanks again.
helen

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Try Running Spysweeper. Downloading the Free Trial and running that program.

I will edit this post in a second to provide you the link.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This program is a great program for the average user. It is strong against spyware, but gentle with your computer. It is a subscribed program that used to have a free trial available on the site - www.webroot.com -

Well here is a nice little way to find the Free Trial and use it for two weeks. If your currently having a problem with spyware, this is deffinately a great place to start.

Go to:

www.softpedia.com

Search for -- SpySweeper 4.5.8.683

You will now see a direct download to the program and simply follow the motions from here.

This is a great program and should not be passed up. Purchasing the program would be good for your computer but I normally lean towards the free software. Take advantage of the two weeks for free though.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

This program is a great program for the average user. It is strong against spyware, but gentle with your computer. It is a subscribed program that used to have a free trial available on the site - www.webroot.com -

Well here is a nice little way to find the Free Trial and use it for two weeks. If your currently having a problem with spyware, this is deffinately a great place to start.

Go to:

www.softpedia.com

Search for -- SpySweeper 4.5.8.683

You will now see a direct download to the program and simply follow the motions from here.

This is a great program and should not be passed up. Purchasing the program would be good for your computer but I normally lean towards the free software. Take advantage of the two weeks for free though.

Thanks again Chissler!
I have 'spywareBlaster' but will try the one you mentioned.
I'll see what happens!

thanks.
helen
EDIT....would it be this... Spyware Interrogator 3.1.22 ???

[edit on 6/14/2006 by helen670]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Nope and I would be careful with some of the programs you are listing. To be honest I would restrict to most of the programs listed in this thread. Some programs mask themselves and are in fact only spyware themselves.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Nope and I would be careful with some of the programs you are listing. To be honest I would restrict to most of the programs listed in this thread. Some programs mask themselves and are in fact only spyware themselves.

Hmm,so should i get rid of the Spyware blaster?

I tried deleting the file from my computer, and it did, then i trashed it, and it wont allow the bin to empty?
Do i just wait for the 'garbage man'?
sorry!
:bnghd:

Does it really matter if it stays on my computer.apart from pissing me off in the Avast scan......A VIRUS HAS BEEN FOUND.

helen

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Thanks Chissler, i fixed that problem!

Now another has come about.....maybe it has to do with the new Up-grade of ATS?

thanks again!
helen

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Glad to hear you resolved that problem.

What seems to be the latest one? Could you describe it alittle bit, happy to help in any way possible.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Glad to hear you resolved that problem.

What seems to be the latest one? Could you describe it alittle bit, happy to help in any way possible.

Since you offered to help!

Everytime i play a song or listen to for awhile, it does an ''illegal operation'' and either shuts down or freezes my computer.
Maybe my computer likes to listen to certain songs,lol?

Its not really bothering me, but the ''freezing'' bit i cant do nothing else besides shutting it down from the hard drive...some little button there.

Any offers to what i should do?
helen

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
How is your RAM, you have enough to complete the system function if that is the case? Maybe just the 98 is it, or more current OS may help because of the updates.

I don't know, all I have managed to do is figure out how to make ME run, with no problems.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
How is your RAM, you have enough to complete the system function if that is the case? Maybe just the 98 is it, or more current OS may help because of the updates.

I don't know, all I have managed to do is figure out how to make ME run, with no problems.

How is my RAM?
LOL,
Well,
last time i checked up on my lol,RAM they were in the paddocks, withe the sheep.......isn't RAM sheep?
or male sheep?
yep!
Ok,is that like space on my disc drive or something?
The OS is ?
gee, if only i knew ..ok,sorry ADVISOR dont really know much about computers.

:shk:

no really, what is OS?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hmm, RAM is your random access memory, and OS operating system, is that 98 for you?
That would be almost a decade for a OS...

It would be like using windows 95 in 2005.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Hmm, RAM is your random access memory, and OS operating system, is that 98 for you?
That would be almost a decade for a OS...

It would be like using windows 95 in 2005.

Yeh, but i didn't buy the computer in 98?

Probably do need an upgrade!
memory says its ok.
Still have disc space..might need a discfragment?
Thanks Ad..

helen

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yes, defrag but make sure all programs other than the OS are shut down, and if you have scandisk run that first.

then you could free up any temp space by going into run and typing in %temp%

That will open up some other temp files not in the cookie tray or does 98 have that?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
hey, i use a program called objectdock, it's just for looks. but everytime i open something it slows down really bad and the computer too, but when i open i tunes it starts to go on normal speed again. do you know why is this?

thx

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Chissler,

I am getting two damn annoying pop-ups:

1) The Win-fixer (or something similar) pop-up, I tried the link you provided in the earlier posts but it didn't get rid of it).
2) Something about all my internet activity being tracked.

I know all those are absolute BS, could you please tell me how to get rid of these?

They aren't as frequent as the used to be though.

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Objectdock is probably eating up alot of your recourses which causes your computer to slow down dramatically. I would recommend stopping the program, and do not allow it to run in the background.

xerox for Winfixer:

Download SmitRem

Spysweeper Free Trial

on Softpedia search for: spysweeper 4.5.8.683

Run this program.

If these do not completely remove it, Run them in Safe mode.

(Safe mode is explained in this thread)

[edit on 18-6-2006 by chissler]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
chissler, my sister never have problems with objectdock on her laptop... just my comp, for some reason lolz

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If your having a problem with NewDotNet; Visit this website to fix your problem.

www.newdotnet.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Providing alittle nudge to this thread. It seemed to be really helpful for awhile to members who need alittle help with Virus & Spyware.

Any member reading this for the first time, take a quick read through and see if anything mentioned is affecting yourself. If your not able to find it, just make a post explaining what it is your doing and what is happening.

Thanks!
chissler

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join