It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing wins $1 bln order from Spain's Air Europa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. planemaker Boeing Co. (BA.N: Quote, Profile, Research) on Thursday said it had reached an agreement for Spain's Air Europa to exercise an option to buy 16 of its Next Generation 737 planes worth $1 billion at list prices.

Air Europa had previously ordered 18 of the jets, at which time it also took options on the other 16. Boeing said the 737-800 planes were due to be delivered between 2010 and 2014.

today.reuters.com... ML

Another win for the good guys; Boeing is going from strength to strength. Coming off their best sales year ever, they’ll be rolling out and airliner with the best operating economics in the history of air travel. They are just burying airbust.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Congratulations to Boeing but are we really going to go down the route of recording every single sales success or failure by Airbus and Boeing in a tedious, brain dead, pissing contest?

I come here for stimulating debate and new information, not arguing the toss with **trolls.

Mod Edit: Lets not go on a feeding spree eh?

[edit on 4/6/06 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
With regards to Boeing success; yes. This place is redoubt of anti-Americanism and I’m just trying to provide some balance.

Now I’m just writing another sentence so I won’t get dinged for a one-line reply, despite the fact my reply was concise, cogent and on point.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by ElTiante]

[edit on 6-4-2006 by ElTiante]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I dont really follow the sales that much, but isnt this a kick in the teeth by Spain to Airbus?

I mean doesn't Airbus employ people in Spain?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Shadow, you are looking at it as 'our' plane against 'theirs'. It isn't like that and that is why the sentiments expressed in the first post are so idiotic.

a Spanish Airline buying a Boeing is a lost order for Airbus, no more than that, its like trying to say that every Airbus sold in the USA is a kick in the teeth to Boeing. Not so, Boeings are also as multinational as Airbus are these days with a huge amount of the 787 being Japanese, as well as its UK, China et al sourced components. Boeing and Airbus are not national companies competing 'in their own market', they are global corporations and the market is the whole planet, no European airline will buy an Airbus just because it is European too, that is foolish, likewise US operators and Boeings.

For example every Airbus has wings designed and manufactured by the UK, however British Airways is one of Boeings most loyal customers. Boeings are bought and operated in large numbers in every country that is an Airbus partner, Airbus also has thousands of employees in the USA as well as using US engines in its line up, every Airbus sold is worth millions of dollars to the US economy, likewise Boeing sales bring money into the UK (plus Japan, China et al) via Bombardier and Rolls Royce, the notion that Eltiante posted about the 'good guys' is thus plain moronic.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well said waynos.. i'm fed up with discussions turning into arguments as if it's a war or something.. USA V the world....

Were all on the same side people!

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the post waynos, It was very informative. I really didnt know Airbus also has thousands of employees in the USA or how Boeing sales help companies in the UK Japan and even China.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Airbust is a sinking ship. They’re a long way from breaking even on the 380 and the 350 looks DOA.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ElTiante

Air Europa must be doing something right to afford the obnoxious and intrusive advertising they purchased here on ATS. What a despicable way to annoy and harass the innocent users of a conspiracy website.

Talk about NWO flying in your face!
We are a captive audience, trying to negotiate our way around topic and the ads don't go away.
I think this is what hell is like.

Makes me not want to visit ATS and post as often.
I guess that is a good thing for my health. So thank you Air Europa
I will more likely get out side and enjoy the fresh air (europa)!

new topics

top topics

join