It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workers accused of fudging ’04 recount

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Workers accused of fudging ’04 recount

After the 2004 presidential election, Cuyahoga County election workers secretly skirted rules designed to make sure all votes were counted correctly, a special prosecutor charges.

While there is no evidence of vote fraud, the prosecutor said their efforts were aimed at avoiding an expensive - and very public - hand recount of all votes cast. Three top county elections officials have been indicted, and Erie County Prosecutor Kevin Baxter says more indictments are possible.

Michael Vu, executive director of the Cuyahoga County elections board, said workers followed procedures that had been in place for 23 years. He said board employees had no objection to doing an exhaustive hand count if needed, meaning they had no motive to break the law.

More...

What an interesting morning in the news...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
In the quote you provided, did you miss where it stated that "While there is no evidence of vote fraud"??

Look, Gore lost, Kerry lost, move on with life, you will have your chance in 08.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
whatreallyhappened.com...

Looks like it was all legit.

Opps.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Opps.

Pardon the partial hijacking, but I have been wondering for a long time now, what the (bleep) is "Opps"!? If you mean Oops, it's spelled with 2 Os and 1 P. If it means something else, can someone who is more current with 'leet speak' and such explain to me what it is?

Thanks in advance and back to your regularly scheduled thread.

[edit on 4/6/2006 by Jaryn]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ya what you said I misspelled the word.

Spelling Nazi are we?

Never made a mistake?
Sucks that this link prove the opposite of what the guy said above me?
Show me there was no voter fraud and we can all be happy, instead of attacking 1 word I misspelled.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Jeez, calm down!

I simply asked a question...you could have said you misspelled the word and been done with it, this was no attack on you or your spelling and if you think it was, then I apologize.

I was simply trying to understand why people seem to write "opps" all the time - is it a misspelling on purpose or some new acronym, or something else.

If you want to continue this, feel free to flame me on u2u so this thread can get back on track.

Again, my apologies to Loam and everyone else reading this thread.

(wish there was a way to delete previous posts)

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker8441
Look, Gore lost, Kerry lost, move on with life, you will have your chance in 08.

Yep...and I bet someday sooner than I'd like us Republicans can come up with a bunch of "evidence" of fraud that could make some future Dem inhabit the WH.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
No comment on the link i put up there?????

Is there something wrong wit it?? Nonfactual information??? what is there???

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
No comment on the link i put up there?????

Is there something wrong wit it?? Nonfactual information??? what is there???

Other than its all conspiracy and conjecture?

Didnt see any real FACTS.
Show me some FACTS to back up your argument please.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

In the quote you provided, did you miss where it stated that "While there is no evidence of vote fraud"??

Did I not post it in the quote?

I find it very revealing that you are so blinded by your partisan views, you would overlook the alleged impropriety of three top election officials. Did you not read that they are being prosecuted for secretly skirting rules designed to make sure all votes were counted correctly? What do Gore, Kerry and 08 have to do with it? It's OK with you that they may not have done their jobs as the law requires???

This country really is in trouble...

:shk:

[edit on 6-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The recount gave Kerry 17 extra votes and took six away from Bush. ..."They screwed with the process and increased the probability, if not the certainty, that there would not be a full countywide hand count," Baxter said.

Laziness trumps following the law? I wonder what the hand recount would have done to the vote tally.

new topics

top topics

join