It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Authorized Leak to Times, Libby Told Grand Jury

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ok, then. IMHO, 'bout time people start telling the truth, even if it is dragged out while under oath. Which makes me think of the presidential oath... but that might be another story.

I am gonna sit back and watch this movie roll out. I wonder what will be revealed next. Who will be the next to come forward with more evidence of corruption in OUR white house?

And CLinton was impeached for getting a blow job...paleeezzeeee! How does this compare, just for starters?

Can't help but wonder how bush is gonna sleep tonight.

I predict he WILL go down in history as our worst prez yet.

MORE TREES...FEWER BUSHES!

Peace,

Cherish

[edit on 4/6/2006 by Cherish]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yes Bush and Cheney both were involve in the leak allowing their help to do the dirty job for them.

Occurs we all know that we are at war and Bush is beyond the law under his executive powers including divulging information.

But don't get yourself caught on divulging the wrong doings of the government because then you become a traitor.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It is illegal to out a person who is undercover. Period. That is exactly what GWB did. I resmember reading that when this whole affair first surfaced. I also remember seeing an interview with the husband and he said that as soon as they found out, they sat up all night, trying to list all of the people that might be harmed by being outed so they could warn them. We'll probably never know how many it was, but it must have been quite alot if they were up all night.
Not only did we lose our assets, we lost informers that we had carefully cultivated and we lost anything that might have been gained in the 5 years or however long Plame was undercover. GWB deliberately and maliciously endangered countless lives, not only of our own citizens, but also informers who were trying to help our cause. That's just plain evil. All the while hiding behind the name of Christianity. I'm reading very credible accounts that he's been drinking since at least Katrina. One of them is on Counterpunch. I predicted he would start drinking again, he's never had any treatment whatsoever or education about alcoholism/drug addiction. And who could hold up to the pressures of the White House? Very few.

-Forestlady

Good post, President's Brain, Wayne Madsen is tops in my book and he dares to write about things that no one else would. He has a solid reputation.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Umm, it is not a "leak" if it was authorized by the President and he went through the process of declassification..
ATSNN

seekerof

I read this post and yours in the other thread.

And so you are asserting that this was a normal "process of declassification" of a CIA agent?
Hardly was it...
The normal process would have been for him to go through the CIA, and seek approval.

And did Bush lie about his involvement in this time and time again, looking people and cameras in the face as he did so?
yes he did, many many times

Nothing wrong with what the president did was it?

Nothing malicious about it was it?

Nothing to do with Joe Wilson or an upcoming election did it?

Keep on defending this lying, murdering president...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sept. 30 2003,

"I don't know of anyone in my administration who has leaked," Mr. Bush told reporters in Chicago. But, he added, "If somebody did leak classified information, I'd like to know it, and we'll take the appropriate action. And this investigation is a good thing."

www.cbsnews.com...

I wonder if Bush will fire himself.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selur Dassom
And so you are asserting that this was a normal "process of declassification" of a CIA agent?
Hardly was it...
The normal process would have been for him to go through the CIA, and seek approval.

Apparently, you have no clue to what the process of declassification implies? And how do you know that he did not get that so-called "approval"?

Further, and let me get this straight: when classified and unauthorized material is "leaked" to the public by the media, you have no problem with it, but on the other hand, you do have a problem when declassified and authorized material is given to the media? *scratches head*

seekerof

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

White House Press Corps Fails to Ask McClellan About Bush’s Authorization of Leak

When the White House press corps had an opportunity this morning to ask Press Secretary Scott McClellan questions, they didn’t ask him about it. At 9:30AM, on route to Bush’s speech in North Carolina, reporters asked McClellan about immigration, terrorism, Katrina and Iran. But there wasn’t a single question about President Bush authorizing Scooter Libby to share highly classified information with reporters.

FULL TRANSCRIPT

Now that's suspicious as hell...

[edit on 6-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Now that's suspicious as hell.

Yeah loam, I agree....
....in a weird media sort of way, but then again, maybe the media has seen the light? Maybe the media realizes that some of their responses to the 'Bush Connection' (ie: otherwise called "hearsay" equating to Libby says Cheney said Bush said) are over-hyped, that in looking beyond their own media over-hyping, Fitzgerald does not remotely come close to alleging wrong-doing by President Bush?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Okay I will play this game. So if Bush has the authority to decide what is or is not classified and he told Cheney to leak the info then there is no crime. So why did not not come out and say this? Why all the continued deception? Why the statements to fire anyone who leaked the info?

This is at the very least shady. It further shows a really nasty pattern of abuse of power within the administration. And before anyone says it, I would be just as mad if Clinton had done this. A presidency that rules by threats, deception and strong arm tactics is not good for us. There was no reason to expose this except to draw attention away from their own lies about a reason to go to war. Agree with what her husband did or not or why he was sent and by who, he was right. The CIA has now said they did not want the info in the State of the Union. Our president then decided to destroy the undercover programs within the CIA to track WMD to shut someone up.

If it is not illegal it is extremely bad form.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Where were you when he said he would FIRE anyone who leaked anything...

Not sure where I was when he allegedly said that, but in doing some digging, I now realize why I did not recall Bush having said that: because he did not say it.

What he did say, dgtempe, was this:

Q: Do you think that the Justice Department can conduct an impartial investigation, considering the political ramifications of the CIA leak, and why wouldn't a special counsel be better?

THE PRESIDENT: Yes. Let me just say something about leaks in Washington. There are too many leaks of classified information in Washington. There's leaks at the executive branch; there's leaks in the legislative branch. There's just too many leaks. And if there is a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is. And if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of.
President Discusses Job Creation With Business Leaders

More can be found here, including putting what he did say in proper non-media context: Don't Play "Gotcha" With The President

seekerof

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

...but then again, maybe the media has seen the light?

...or been thoroughly tamed.

Things like that just don't happen without a significant reason...

And, I sincerely doubt they all simultaneously shared the epiphany you suggest.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Q Given -- given recent developments in the CIA leak case, particularly Vice President Cheney's discussions with the investigators, do you still stand by what you said several months ago, a suggestion that it might be difficult to identify anybody who leaked the agent's name?

THE PRESIDENT: That's up to --

Q And, and, do you stand by your pledge to fire anyone found to have done so?

THE PRESIDENT: Yes. And that's up to the U.S. Attorney to find the facts.

whitehouse.fed.us...

Found this here. Apparently not original statement of pledge to fire, but refers to it.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Also, I remember when I heard this "And if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of." I thought, "Medal of Freedom? Soprano style? Given money?"

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hey, man...

It's no longer President Bush, it's Lord Bush. He signs bills that haven't passed (illegal), he basically says he won't be bound by bills that he doesn't like but signs anyway, Alberto Gonzales says Bush is the law...therefore, there is no law-breaking here.

When you are the dictator, you are not bound by the laws of mere peons, mere subjects. You can basically do what you want to do, in living color...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
It's no longer President Bush, it's Lord Bush. He signs bills that haven't passed (illegal), he basically says he won't be bound by bills that he doesn't like but signs anyway, Alberto Gonzales says Bush is the law...therefore, there is no law-breaking here.

I suppose then that you can thank Bill Clinton then, huh, since of course, he was the one who authorized this? EXECUTIVE ORDER 12958

Pay special attention to Sec. 1.4, where "classify" is synonymous with 'declassify.'

seekerof

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Junior learned from the best. Maybe we will see a Presidential pardon pretty soon and that way he won't have to worry about a thing. Im really hoping our lawmakers get off their well paid duffs and do something for a change. They need to make right all the wrongs.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
*Inspired by Godwin's Law*
As an online discussion about GW Bush grows longer the probability of a comparison to Bill Clinton reaches one.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Where were you when he said he would FIRE anyone who leaked anything...

Not sure where I was when he allegedly said that, but in doing some digging, I now realize why I did not recall Bush having said that: because he did not say it.

What he did say, dgtempe, was this

You're just playing symantics. What did he mean by taken care of??? Given a better job? Whacked?? Kickbacks??

You would have fit in to communist Russia just fine. You love to tout the party line in every single post of yours that I have read. Get your head out of the sand. Your opinion isn't always the correct one and you refuse to look at anyone else's viewpoint. Instead you enjoy throwing out insults and calling anyone who doesn't agree with you and idiot. Maybe you should take a look in the mirror.

This guy is dirty. He always has been. Even before he took public office and was running companies into the ground or dodging the draft. He's dirty, dirty, dirty and he will go down as the worst, most destructive President in US history

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
You have voted loam for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Frog and all.

Look Seekerof, I dont care about the technicalities of this. So you say there's a loophole? MK........

Well, hear this, Seekerof; Morally and ethically it is wrong, wrong wrong.
This is nothing but yet another lie, another slap across the face to Americans. Like i said before, its downright evil.

Its time to impeach the SOB and send him back to the farm.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Seeker, it was a loophole found...nothing more. He is still a lying snake. How many times do we have to see this guy's smirk on tv, reassuring us that he is still looking out for our best interests? How many times can a man bold-faced-lie to the entire public (or those with our heads pulled out of the sand) and get away with it? If he honestly believed that it was not "leaked," but rather disclosed legally, then why the whole legal rodeo to get to the bottom?

Another bureaucratic hopscotch to waste tax dollars and divert our attention?

There seems to be a lot of those lately...GOD BLESS AMERICA...

ALL HAIL KING GEORGE!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join