It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Timeline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I cannot prove the following in any way, shape or form. However, if it's true then the U.S. has been harboring terrorists. And frankly I would be quite sicked if that were the case. Because then I would be faced with a moral dilemma. Oh wait, that's what propaganda is for. Nevermind.

"Most people prefer to believe their leaders are just and fair even in the face of evidence to the contrary, because once a citizen acknowledges that the government under which they live is lying and corrupt, the citizen has to choose what he or she will do about it. To take action in the face of a corrupt government entails risks of harm to life and loved ones. To choose to do nothing is to surrender one's self-image of standing for principles. Most people do not have the courage to face that choice. Hence, most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all."
-- Michael Rivero

----

Link in case you want to read the prologue and epilogue

Edit: On second thought, that's way too long. Just click the link above.

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by uIVIa]

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by uIVIa]

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I know for a fact that a lot of it is true at least. Can't know anything for sure of course, but you know what I mean.

Things like the coups in Iran in 53, Guatemala in 54 and Chile in 73 are all knows fact. The CIA has publicly discussed these things numerous times. The most recent comments I heard on these things from CIA and the government was in a documentary called, Secrets Of The State on Discovery. On Secrets Of The State former CIA directors and people from the White House talked about all the # CIA had done in the past. Kissinger is one of the few #ers who still think they did the right thing in Chile in 73... at least that�s what he said on Secrets Of The State.

The selling of weapons to Iran to be able to support the CONTRAS in the late 70's and early 80's are also common knowledge. The most recent comments I heard on this were from past and present CIA agents and directors in a French CIA Documentary.

So, a lot of the points on that list are true, but I'm not going to list all of them. I don't know if ALL of them are true though, but I suspect they are.

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by AntiSystem]

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
However, if it's true then the U.S. has been harboring terrorists. And frankly I would be quite sicked if that were the case. Because then I would be faced with a moral dilemma. Posted by Uiviia

You do understand that the CIA was founded by a large number of former SS personnel brought into the country after WWII under the auspices of Project Paperclip, right?

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 05:37 AM
link   
DR. Yes, of course. I was playing "the fool" and showing the mindset of what an American should have (IMHO) when confronted with such knowledge. That's why I followed it up with the propaganda quote. But the thread is mostly for research. Advisor and The Blade Runner were wondering why everything started going down hill around WWII. I made the suggestion to look at everything surrounding the war and not just the war itself. So I decided to post some further timelines along the subject. I also posted the WWII timeline in the pentagon propaganda thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
You do understand that the CIA was founded by a large number of former SS personnel brought into the country after WWII under the auspices of Project Paperclip, right?

Man. If I could read mind, you'd be my first victim DR

You little walking conspiracy-encyclopedia. Once again, I learned somehting new reading your post. You should write a book one day. NOw I'll have to do a bit of research about project paperclip.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I was playing "the fool" and showing the mindset of what an American should have (IMHO) when confronted with such knowledge

Ah, hehe. It's kind of hard to get irony and such on discussion forums. I see now, that I should have understod it after the "Oh wait, that's what propaganda is for. Nevermind" part. Well well...

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

Originally posted by dragonrider

Man. If I could read mind, you'd be my first victim DR

You little walking conspiracy-encyclopedia. Once again, I learned somehting new reading your post. You should write a book one day. NOw I'll have to do a bit of research about project paperclip.

On the link I gave there is a brief summary of Operation Paperclip. Here it is for your edification. This should give plenty of keywords for searching documents about the operation.

Operation PAPERCLIP � While other American agencies are hunting down Nazi war criminals for arrest, the U.S. intelligence community is smuggling them into America, unpunished, for their use against the Soviets. The most important of these is Reinhard Gehlen, Hitler�s master spy who had built up an intelligence network in the Soviet Union. With full U.S. blessing, he creates the "Gehlen Organization," a band of refugee Nazi spies who reactivate their networks in Russia. These include SS intelligence officers Alfred Six and Emil Augsburg (who massacred Jews in the Holocaust), Klaus Barbie (the "Butcher of Lyon"), Otto von Bolschwing (the Holocaust mastermind who worked with Eichmann) and SS Colonel Otto Skorzeny (a personal friend of Hitler�s). The Gehlen Organization supplies the U.S. with its only intelligence on the Soviet Union for the next ten years, serving as a bridge between the abolishment of the OSS and the creation of the CIA. However, much of the "intelligence" the former Nazis provide is bogus. Gehlen inflates Soviet military capabilities at a time when Russia is still rebuilding its devastated society, in order to inflate his own importance to the Americans (who might otherwise punish him). In 1948, Gehlen almost convinces the Americans that war is imminent, and the West should make a preemptive strike. In the 50s he produces a fictitious "missile gap." To make matters worse, the Russians have thoroughly penetrated the Gehlen Organization with double agents, undermining the very American security that Gehlen was supposed to protect.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
uIVIa

Thanks a lot !

Lots of interesting info there. This should give me food for thoughts for a while.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
that was a very intersting read. I would have to say my fav time in the time line would be:

Economic Espionage � In the years following the end of the Cold War, the CIA is increasingly used for economic espionage. This involves stealing the technological secrets of competing foreign companies and giving them to American ones. Given the CIA�s clear preference for dirty tricks over mere information gathering, the possibility of serious criminal behavior is very great indeed.

I dont know,I guess I just have a thing for spys.

top topics

join