It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Guide To Survival

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Just a heads-up:

I dont know about the US military, but I do know that the UK Military have stopped using/learning Morse Code and Semaphore signalling a long time ago. It may well be the case throughout NATO countries.

I know this is the case with the UK military as I was in one of the last courses to ever learn Morse whilst in The Royal Navy (Radio Operator - Tactical) and that was nearly 20 years ago.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

more fool them then. suppose a huge emp takes out all their electrical equipment/satellite/internet cable etc?

for anyone interested, here is an updated morse code guide.... morse code
and the semaphore guide

also a print out of the knot guide from the boy scouts, as animated knots are great when you have electric and a computer but in an emergency/disaster scenario, printing/viewing anything from this thread will be impossible).

all of it is useful information and if you can, it's worth taking the time to print it out and keep it in one place because you never know when you may need it.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

No thanx on the printouts. Ive got enough gear to haul without having to worry about a couple hundred pounds in printouts for everything i need to know, and its water tight and safe. I rather use the original personal computer (Good ole Grey Matter) to store it all. Thats what the animated site is for. Teaching yourself the proper ways of doing things before they are needed. I would hate to have to teach myself knot tying or other main survival skills on the fly in a survival situation.

I sat here for a few hours with a couple lengths of rope and can honestly say, i mastered the knots that i will probably have to use in any shtf days. And a couple of them i use now in place of the old wimpy kind. Just like all the other traits i will use. Learn them, train them, use them. Ima hands on kinda guy. Tell me how to do it and im lost, show me and let me do it myself, and ive got it forever.

Silver

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
heres a LINK that was posted in another thread, might be usefull

edit for link

[edit on 28-5-2008 by babylonstew]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
There are some great survival articles here, too:

briarpatchoutdoors.educationforthesoul.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join