It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not against Israel fading into history.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Western society likes to spout off about democracy, human rights, etc. So what about Israel? In all honesty I feel that supplanting the Jewish population in the Middle East was one of the worst decisions ever made.

Ahh - the legacy of Hitler and WW2 continues to this day.

I am abhored by what happend to the Jewish people in Europe, but 70 years later, the actions by the Jewish state are no longer acceptable. I don't think its because of who they are that they are hated, but what they do. They are oppressing and have been before I was born, and entire country.

Remember the whole ordeal in regards to Syria imposing it's will on Lebanon, and the outcry from the international community? What is the difference here? Isn't Israel doing the same thing? The State of Israel (Read: Regime, not people) is for the most part responsible, along with the U.K., for the current geosocial atmospehere in the region.

Millions of people died; how does that give them the right to the land of another Nation? One would assume that they would be good neighbors at the very least, not the case.

The way I see it, Iran wants nukes because of Israel, Saddam wanted them for the same reason. Due to these desires (that were fueled by Israel), we are in the current situation we are in.

If it comes down to it, let them fend for themselves. They are highly religous, they say they are there by Gods right, so let God figure it out. Not my fellow country men.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
The State of Israel (Read: Regime, not people) is for the most part responsible, along with the U.K., for the current geosocial atmospehere in the region.

and by the same logic the US too perhaps?

Well anyways... I dont particualrly care for the 'state of Israel (read regime)'... and I'm a European jew.. but the fact is that it has happened, and there needs to be a settlement between all concerned. After so much conflict it takes the actors concered to look towards peaceful coexistance and soem avugely fair settlement for water and other resources...

seeing as the US has been backing the Israeli state for so long, would it not be a senseless waste not to try and use the influence tohelp broker peace, and thus ending the need for endless security related grants of money and equipment?

Noone needs to 'fade' anywhere...

Q

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Yes, there does need to be a settelment for all concerned, a fair one. Peace in the middle east starts with the gaza strip; I for one would support a move by my government to pressure Israel into taking a more realistic stance.

But the fact remains that Israel undertakes in terrorist activities of its own - by definition.

The madness has to stop, if it doesn't - the powers that be need to backaway and let things "ride" so to speak.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The foregoing posts make a lot of really good points. I agree that what was done after WWII was not particularly well thought-out and was certainly unfair. Of course as was pointed out, boating over to North America and taking the property of the Native Americans was arguably no different. But when I read discussions of this sort I have to ask myself one question: If Israel disbanded --- utterly disappeared as a country and its population just dispersed throught the world --- would that really bring peace to the ME? Would all the radical Islamic groups just settle down and live happily ever after? Personally I don't believe it for a second. Israel is a convenient --- though arguably deserved --- target of the Islamic rage. But if Israel disappeared they would simply focus their rage on others. From what they have stated publicly they are intent on converting or killing the world's non-Islamic population. They have bred and continue to breed a culture of intolerance and hate toward non-Muslims. Until that changes... nothing will change. My $.02

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think both religions (Islam, Judaism) should not claim the land of "Israel", since both religions have been present there for a long time. Until about a century ago, I believe, both Jews and Muslims living in Palestine/Israel were "Arabs", so historically the land belongs to Arabs (with any religion). This makes the Jewish character of Israel unjust, because I don't think Jews can just claim all that land for themselves just because Jews used to live there. I can understand that it is their holy land, but other people have been living there as well. I'm not against the state of Israel but I am against the way the Israeli government and army treats the Palestinians, they should stop acting as victims as an excuse to do horrible things. Also, I'm wondering.. what is it that Israel has to lose when they would talk with Hamas, even if they are terrorists? There can only be peace if Hamas and Israel negotiate, and Hamas is willing to, as far as I know/heard.

new topics

top topics

join