It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Klein: Arnold's Accusers Serious, Clinton's Were 'Lunatics'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Time magazine columnist Joe Klein said Sunday that groping allegations against Gov.-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger should be taken seriously, while the women who accused ex-President Clinton of groping and far worse were "lunatics."

Klein made the bizarre claim on NBC's "Chris Matthews Show" during a heated exchange with columnist Peggy Noonan.

Responding to Noonan's observation that Schwarzenegger's political bid wasn't derailed by the last-minute allegations because Democrats had already dismissed far worse claims by Clinton accusers like Juanita Broaddrick, Klein said, "[Clinton] was charged with those things by lunatics."

When Noonan reminded Klein that Broaddrick had accused Clinton of a violent rape, he replied, "I do think that she was an extremist."

Klein's comment drew a rebuke from host Chris Matthews, who noted, "A lot of journalists from major networks like NBC interviewed Juanita Broaddrick and found her to be a truth-teller. So you can't call her that."

Despite the rhetorical slap on the wrist, Klein complained moments later that Schwarzenegger had "lowered the bar" on acceptable behavior and that his election showed "the California public doesn't care about sexual battery - which is what this is."

www.newsmax.com...

Well, I am certainly glad we have someone who knows it all. Maybe Mr. Klein should bring himself and his crystal ball over to our paranormal abilities forum and further enlighten us. I find the art of contradiction so hillarious when its done to perfection.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
In reality, what almost everyone is now saying is that "if we like the man, the actions are unimportant".

The lesson to be learned is this: Become well liked.

The other lesson to be learned is this: If you want your allegations to be taken seriously, have proof, and state your case immediately. If you wait for the person to run for an elected office, you won't be taken seriously by the majority.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
copcorn, you make a lot of sense there. Its tough for this guy to sell me this ideology.

In one case he looks at these woman who accuse Arnold ( the Colonel has already convicted him) and say that they're accusations must be investigated and taken seriously. Nevermind that even though he has had popularity that would make him a target for over a decade now, we shouldn't think that these accusations have anything to do with political timing.

Clinton's accusers...trailor trash and liars! Case closed!

new topics

join