It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Police Retaliate Against Journalist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Just another example of the Trickle Down Effect of the Bush Administration's attitude towards governing the people. It's not surprising that small town America's police agencies are doing these types of abuses to the very people they've sworn to protect, when it's so obviously being gotten away with from the highest levels of our country's government. It reminds me of children who learn abusive behavior, prejudice, rudeness, disrespect from watching thier parents, so it seems that the smaller agencies of law enforcement have learned how well the Bush Administrations methods work and how easy it is to get away with it.

Florida Police Retaliate Against Journalist

After CBS4 News exposed police intimidation of citizens attempting to make complaints against police officers, Broward PBA retaliates by putting the CBS4 journalist's name on a list of criminals to be on the lookout for along with personal information on their website. Cross the cops, get your personal information released on the web.

Mar 28, 2006 8:46 am US/Eastern
Broward PBA Retaliates After CBS4 Investigation

Jawan Strader
Reporting

(CBS4 News) After exposing the images of improper police behavior in his investigative piece, CBS4’s Mike Kirsch’s own personal information was being flashed on the Broward Police Benevolent Association website.

What is normally referred to as a BOLO or Be On The Lookout by police - a bulletin announcing a criminal who is wanted - was being used by the Broward PBA to show Mike Kirsch as a wanted man. The website went on to show Kirsch’s personal driver’s license information.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am not by any means suggesting that all police agencies in this country are corrupt. Certainly not! I have the utmost respect and admiration for an honest cop and admire them for the job they do but it just seems that, more and more, these type of stories are coming to the forefront of an investigation and it's disturbing. To me anyway!

[edit on 6-4-2006 by whadayawant]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Things like this have been going on before Bush took office, and they'll be going on after Bush leaves office. I like how every little thing is suddenly because Bush is President.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This kind of thing has been going on for years though. As much as I don't agree with this administration, I can't say its a Bush thing. Its more of a Police "brotherhood" type of deal.

Pie

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Things like this have been going on before Bush took office, and they'll be going on after Bush leaves office. I like how every little thing is suddenly because Bush is President.

Yes you're probably right. To some degree, I'm sure that every administration since Washington has to some degree or another infringed on the rights of the people who elected them. However, what bothers me is how this administration's attitude is that they can do it, they can get away with it, and there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

It's unbelievable that Clinton was made to face impeachment hearings for lieing about something that Congress had no business getting involved with in the first place. I'm sure that Clinton was not the first to get his jollies with an intern half his age inside the White House, nor will he be the last for that matter. Nevertheless, if lieing is the prerequisite for impeachment, then where is the outrage for the multitude of lies we've been told by the Bush Gang? I ask you...what do you find more offensive and criminal? Lieing about a blow job, or sitting down before the United Nations and lieing about the reasons that would justify our going to war with a nation that really had nothing to do with the United States being attacked on 911, and more to do with one man's obsession with controlling the free flow of oil to the United States (cause we all know that was and still is the motivating factor for us being there.)

Personally I would much prefer that GW was spending more time with interns in the oval office and less time worrying about what i'm doing on the internet, who i'm talking to overseas, what Middle Eastern Regime he can get the most money from for the right to supervise our critical ports, Bankrupting our National Reserve....oh and speaking of Dubei....does anyone remember that little tidbit about how Dubei had donated some ungodly amount of money to the Katrina Victims? Where is that money? I mean really, where is it? And for that matter, where is money the government promised?

My point is that while it's true that there have always been rogue cops, (the L.A. scandal comes to mind) in the past, it seemed to always be directed towards the criminal elements that they felt they we're up against as policemen. Never before has this type of rogue behavior of local law enforcement been so openly and arrogantly directed towards the average law abiding citizen.
What they did in Florida was just a low down dirty trick, blatently unprofessional, and bordering on unconstitutional i would think....yet not once but twice, they posted his name and information as a retaliation for a story that cast thier policy of handling complaints against thier own, in a bad light. Now that is something I don't recall happening!

[edit on 6-4-2006 by whadayawant]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I am not by any means suggesting that all police agencies in this country are corrupt. Certainly not! I have the utmost respect and admiration for an honest cop and admire them for the job they do but it just seems that, more and more, these type of stories are coming to the forefront of an investigation and it's disturbing.

Having worked in the business I can tell you that there are a LOT of corrupt cops. The business attracts control freaks and just plain pricks.

I'm glad more of these stories are hitting the media. It's time that people realize that LE isn't all "Cops". A lot of crappy things happen when there's no camera around.

I didn't like what went on. I quit out of disgust.

My advice to everyone here is to know your rights and document, document, document. The judicial system is for schmidt, so don't look there for a fair shake.

Most importantly, it's a good idea to have the name of an attorney handy just in case. A lot of innocent people end up barbecued because bad police officers lie through their teeth.

new topics

top topics

join