It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to buy 15 Billion in Good and Services.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Just weeks ahead of a meeting between the Presidents of China and the United States, China is expected to sign contracts with U.S. Companies that could Amount to 15 Billion dollars. The Biggest Contracts are expected to be signed with Motorola,Boeing and Microsoft.

toda y.reuters.com
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Chinese companies could sign contracts this month to buy $15 billion worth of Boeing aircraft and other American goods and services, a Chinese government spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

Chinese Vice Premier Wu Yi is heading a delegation of more than 200 business executives from 110 state-owned and private sector companies who will be in Los Angeles on Thursday to sign contracts worth more than $4 billion, said Xiaomei Zhou, a spokeswoman for the Chinese consulate in Los Angeles.

Wu's buying mission comes just a few weeks before Chinese President Hu Jintao meets with U.S. President George W. Bush at the White House. Concerns about Chinese barriers to U.S. exports, rampant piracy and Beijing's currency policies are expected to be high on the agenda for the April 20 meeting, along with foreign policy matters.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I know this will not make a dent in the trade deficit between China and the United States, But I am glad that China is showing interest in our goods and services. Although I do hope that in the short term the signings of these contract might help the United States sluggish economy in the short term. Maybe some of our more educated can give more pro and cons than I have.I look forward to reading your posts.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well at least it did not get trashed....Like I said I hope all this influx to American companies helps our economy.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is definately good for both sides. I just hope these two giant nations would work together more often in resolving differences.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Odd there is no mention of all the mining equipment they are buying.

phmining.com...

That one sale alone has to be at least 40/45 million if not more.

There also were some very large orders last year for delivery this year but I could not find the press releases and that is just P&H. I know Joy mining has also sold alot of machines to them.

[edit on 4/6/2006 by shots]

top topics

join