It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY LASIK Eye Surgery?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thats crazy. Im still trying to be convinced that a professional can do it with a minimal chance of adverse effects.

I dont know how stupid you would have to be in order to do this yourself.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I want the t-shirt that says don't blink.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I want the t-shirt that says don't blink.

rofl... Id wear something like that too.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It is really scary to do this lasik stuff. as far as I know, they don't guarantee the result and they usually do it in one eye first. So after fixign an eye, they will proceed if there is no problem occured.

I have a friend from Chicago who suffered retinal detachment after lasik eye surgery in Vietnam. One of his eyes is partially blind now.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is just stupid.

Imagine sitting down with your new $99 gizmo, and just as you turn it on your kid comes running in, bumps you, and you find yourself with a split iris and a wok eye.

DIY.

pfffft.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Technology advancement is great, isn't it? It wasn't all that many years ago that this was the most advanced DIY self-improvement kit.

Now, we've got do it yourself eye surgery! Brilliant! Bet all those students wasting their time and money in ophthalmology school feel pretty stoopid about now, eh?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What I find most amusing from the site is this:

The whole procedure takes only a few minutes and is virtually painless.*

scrolling down to find the footnote reveals:

*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.

First off, "virtually" completely puts me off of the idea (not that I had any serious considerations in the first place). Secondly, when was FDA approval needed to determine whether something was painless, virtually or otherwise? Isn't that a pretty simple test--try it on someone (or yourself), if they say "Ow, that hurt," it isn't painless. If they don't, then it is. Seems pretty obvious to me at least.

Man, I wish I had a couple hundred just to get this thing and hang it on the wall, like those talking fish...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemicalLaser
If it was meant as a joke, I find it to be in poor taste.

Agreed, that's a horrible thing to joke about. I've known people who've lost their eyesight due to lasik. Don't be stupid, here's some real information: lasik surgery information

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't know as far as lasik eye surgery at home but it is a good surgery for your eyes. I recently had lasik done to my eyes and it has done wonders to my vision. I would recommend it if you are tired of eye glasses or contact lenses.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
That's crazy! Must be fake. Or if real there's gotta be a law restricting it?Wow, who would wanna risk that on their vision? Best left to the professionals!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Do it yourself surgery! It is pretty amazing. I don't now whether it will success or not.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This sounds completely and utterly insane.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
LASIK? I would not get anywhere near that:

lasik complications

lasik disaster

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join