It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear plant lose's its key's.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hard to believe I know but a nuclear plant in Germany as lost its keys and need to replace the locks! Now how could you lose the keys to a place like this? There must be a really big key-ring dont ya think?

Anyway you can read a bit here, its all I could find...

Owner loses keys to nuclear plant

Apparently they must replace the locks...I should say! Is there anything steelable from here? I cant see you getting a reactor in the back of a pickup but maybe there is people in the know who could do great damage with this kind of oppurtunity.

MOD EDIT: Your link was broken and I couldn't find the Yahoo! News article, so I replaced it with one on the same topic.

[edit on 4/5/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
LOTS of things would be worth stealing. Computers, any kind of technology, go in with a digital camera and take millions of pictures to see how stuff works, etc...

And yeah, this is pretty unbelievable, isn't it? Here at my university we had the same thing happen. The mater keys for every building, every room were lifted off a janitor's cart when he walked away. What resulted? A series of sexual assualts and even arson in one of the main administration buildings.

The school spent nearly $2M changing locks and installing security cameras and key card access to most of the buildings.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

MOD EDIT: Your link was broken and I couldn't find the Yahoo! News article, so I replaced it with one on the same topic.

[edit on 4/5/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

Ha ha, thanks for that cmdrkeenkid. My wife came in nagging and I just hit Post Reply in a rush. Thanks again!

McP.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm a Nuclear worker who can assure you that this is a joke or misprint. There are no "keys" to get into a Plant. Someone probably lost the keys to a fence gate. Nuclear Plants are like small cities in themselves. It never sleeps. It's like losing the keys to the Hospital!

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'd expect most of the plant to be using electronic access, although the doors will still have key override. Gonna cost a bomb to replace 150 lock barrels. Losing 1 master key is bad enough, losing 12 is a little bit worrying

I've known this to happen before though, working many years in the private security industry.

new topics

top topics

join