It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chickens, Survival ect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I think we need a seperate forum. How to survive the New World order.

I got pretty much everything I need. But something you would need to survive along time is food.

I think CHickens. CHickens are easy to care for. They provide eggs and if you throw a rooster in with the chicken you get more eggs.

You can fry CHickens, broil them or bake them as we mentioned in the chat room.

I think I would like Leghorns, Aranacanas (Martha Stewart Chickens) or maybe Chinese CHieckens.

Turkeys and ducks would be cool also.

What does everyone think?

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by websuspect]

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
How about this:

Year 2010: daily allowance

2 OZ tin of beans
half a dozen of roasted cockroaches
A cap of dodgy rice boiled in radioactive water
And an odd snikers or mars bar

That's your future NWO diet.

[Edited on 14-10-2003 by Freeman]

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Raising livestock is not a bad idea in a world where you may depend on self sufficiency as opposed to the local grocery store. In such a situation, chickens are not a bad idea at all.

However, you need a few things for this to be successful:

First of all, some experience at dealing with livestock (you dont just get chickens and start raising them with no experience).

You will need a decent amount of space, preferably out in the wilderness somewhere. You will need some kind of shelter, or be able to construct some kind of shelter or enclosure, unless you dont mind chasing your dinner for a couple of hours.

Some experience with livestock medicine... if you are cut off on your own, and a disease strikes your flock, you are SOL.

Watch your egg intake though, serious cholesterol.... just because you get past the NWO doesnt mean that you wont die of a heartattack from a 4 egg breakfast every morning for years.

Chickens are loud. In a situation where you want to remain stealthy, this should be taken into consideration.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I am great with animals. All of my animals live longer than average. I have alot of experience with alot of different kidns of animals. I could probably do cows but I mean seriously. How long would it take to kill and eat a cow?

As for all the chicken stuff heres my plan.

we had chickens at my parents house before before we moved in. I have my house and were talking about selling and moving somewhere secluded.

The old chicken setup was there before we moved in. People used to raise chickens alot and still do for the same reason.

The chicken setup was and will be. A shed with small chicken pet doors and a large door for me. Several laying nesting boxs which I will build. Water bottles or dog dish for water but mostly drip bottles. On the outside, covered chicken wire fence. If I can build the area large enough I will have turkeys too.

The New WOrld Order dinner will be.
1. Bread.
2. Eggs.
3. Vegatbles and fruit.
4. Chicken.

I think thats pretty good. Toss in a pig and you got a balanced breakfast.

As for the roosters. Ill get them a dog house or something. Roosters are the ones that make all the noise. So Ill eat them first.

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by websuspect]

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Chickens are a good start for maintaining your own food supply......however I believe it will take more than that.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Keep in mind, you have to have a way to feed the chickens as well.

On the bright side, if you are so inclined, chicken crap does decompose readily into methane... would give you a moderate fuel source at least...

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What I have already:

Matches
Two packs of MRE's
Two Cans of Tuna
Two cans of refried beans
One bag of candy.

I suppose that if I get desperate I could eat my cat. But ONLY if i get desperate.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Why can't you just grow soybeans, sprouts, fruit and some wheat or something? Sprouts grow a lot faster than animals and have whole lot of protein. I would look to the plant kingdom (and maybe fungus too) for your NWO. Mushrooms are great too.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Do what you want, just don't eat a relative.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You can make things that explode out of the chicken crap.

You ever watch survivor. People get pretty hungry after eating rice and stuff for a month. There usually pretty happy to get 2 or 3 chickens.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Chickens also have another disadvantage; They don't like hot weather...

When the average temp gets up to 80 degrees (Farenheit), they'll lay 40% fewer eggs...When it gets up to 90 degrees, they'll lay 60% fewer eggs...

...When the temp gets up to 100 degrees, chickens DIE!

So you'd either need to raise them in a moderate climate or provide a climate-controlled environment for them.

Yes, this information has some futures-investing potential too...Simply buy when the weather's decent & sell *after* the weather gets hot...Also consider that most chicken ranches in the US are located in the southern states...

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Perdue has chicken ranchs here. So its great weather for chickens.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
When you're thinking about raising livestock in an NWO situation as you put it, you have to consider which animal will give you the most for the least amount of effort and expense.

I would go with a cow or two myself, in the long term, as the give you a lot of meat, which will feed plenty oif people, and also milk for drinking, which is essential, and leather for clothes. They're easy to feed as far as I know, they graze on grass which is found almost everywhere.

Short term, chickens are a very good idea, as eggs provide protein and fat, and a chicken makes a relatively small meal which one hungry person could eat in a day before the meat spoils.

Root vegetables are a good crop to grow, they are resiliant, nutritious and are not so vulnerable to the elements, or to animals and birds.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
...to a lot of people that would be somewhat like cannibalism.
After being kept in the dark and fed s**t for so long.
J/K
Cannibalism has been acceptable in certain situations,such as a lifeboat adrift at sea,it was actually permissible to eat the weakest or least important person on the boat to survive,like the lowest ranking survivor,that must be why the women and children went first,to preserve a possible food supply.
And then you have those pesky 10 commandments........
(which I try very hard to live by)..and that strange need to survive at all costs...hmmm.
Life, it seems, is a catch 22.
I'll stick with sprouts,the whole world is nearly covered with seeds,and if I am not mistaken,most plants are not toxic in sprout form,but I'm not an expert.

new topics

top topics

join