It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight 93 Cockpit Recordings To be Played In Public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
For the first time the cockpit voice recordings from flight 93 will be played for the public at the sentencing trial of al-Qaida conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui . U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema said that the jury has the right to hear the recordings before making a decision on whether or not Moussaoui should be executed. The tapes have only once before been played for the victims families and have never been made public.

hosted.ap.org
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) -- The cockpit recording from the hijacked jetliner that passengers tried to retake on Sept. 11 will be played in public for the first time - at the sentencing trial of al-Qaida conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui - the judge ruled Wednesday.

U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema said the jury considering whether to execute Moussaoui could hear the recording from United Airlines Flight 93 and see a transcript of it.

Noting that the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has ordered trial evidence made public, she said relatives of Flight 93 victims would have until next Tuesday to advise her whether they object to general release of the material.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Cnn.com
BBC.com
MSNBC.com

I heard this news and just couldnt belive it. I think this will put to rest alot of conspiricys about flight 93, but i think it will start more then it stops. I for one want to know exactly what was said and what went on, unedited that is.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by North Rider]

[edit on 10-4-2006 by asala]

CX

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Are these recordings taken from the black box or are they independantly recorded in the cockpit? Could someone remind me if the black box was found on this flight or not?

I personally don't believe they'll put to rest ANY conspiracy theories concerning that flight, the tapes will only let us hear what they want us to hear anyway won't they?
Probably edited to hell and back before anyone else got to hear them.

CX.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The voice recorder was retrieved and the tape the families were allowed to hear went unexplainably silent three minutes before the plane crashed. If the published voice recording does nothing more than that, it will substantiate at least one theory that there was a cover up. Because the 911 commission report falsely reported the crash time at 10:03 (and the voice recorder serendipitously, without recording of impact sounds, stops at 10:03 - with about a 3 minute lapse in recording time) when two separate seismic groups (one commissioned by the Pentagon) firmly established the impact time at 10:06:05.

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Valhall]

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i think you mean 10:03 val....with a crash time of 10:06.

either way, i dont think the courtroom playing of the tape will in anyway prove the shootdown advocates wrong. unless they play the missing three minutes, it will do nothing but persuade the jury to issue a sentence of death.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
YES I DO! Thanks snafu. That's what I get for living on Tulsa time. *

(time corrected in original post)

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You hit the nail right on the noggin with that one snafu. The whole purpose is to try to connect Moussaoui and the death of all the people on that plane, in the jurors' minds. I would guess they have either already shown video/played audio from the WTC, or they were not allowed to for some reason.

The idea is to make the jurors think (at least subconciously) that Moussaoui was responsible for everything that happened that day and should therefore be executed.

The recordings: is there anyone at ATS that is truly naive enough to believe that anything which would be at all controversial would actually be played? If there is a conspiracy of any sort, 'they' would most certainly make sure to edit the tapes to remove any evidence of it.

Regarding Valhall's hopes: I also hope that they play the entire tape, including the missing 3 minutes, however I suspect that the tape will either be pre-edited to end at the point it 'dies' or someone will simply turn it off at that point without any further comment.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
is there any way of linking the recording to the flight recorder at all? i mean, do they carry a signal which identifies which plane they belonged to? any audio experts out there who can verify that the recordings were taken in a cockpit or edited in any way?

if i was moussaoui, i'd also insist that if they were going to play tapes at the trial, then that should include those that were confiscated from the hotel and garage over the road from the pentagon, plus any additional pentagon security tapes. after all, they should support the 'official' version, right?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I still say there is no coincidence to the fact that both the shoe bomber and Zaccariah both look mentally challenged.

That tape will be doctored if anything.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
dont forget the 'coincidence' of moussaoui having used nick bergs email address prior to 911

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
the voice recordings of flight #93 have nothing to do with Moussaoui,

the recording is just 'inflammatory' and ammounts to 'theatrics' by the prosecution.

according to testimony, Moussaoui & his shoe-bomber companion were to
hijack & commandeer a 5th and different airliner, into another target altogether...

If those two confessed 9-11 plotters were intended to be among the flight #93 hijackers...
then that flight recording would be relevent to the Moussaoui case.
As it is now, allowing that tragic final minutes of flight93, only makes this trial appear as a 'kangaroo court'!...along with making that ~apparently altered~ 'official version' a historical truth,
implying that existing evidence shows flight93 was not shot down...(another loose end taken care of)

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It's all to do with the power of suggestion.
Remember operation Swarmer a few weeks back, and how FOX News ran a report about it including footage from Shock & Awe and 9/11 Ground Zero. Entirely disconnected events but used that way to give the mental impression that they are linked.

Old Zak MouswhoamI really does come across a being one sandwich short of a picnic, a godsend of a patsy to throw to the wolves and satisfy the need to execute someone.... anyone!

new topics

top topics

join