It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How has all this affected your life?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I've been a member here on ATS for a short while now and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I thought i had an ok knowledge of the lesser known things in this world until i came to this place, so i would like to thank ATS for opening my eyes to so much.

I am curious though as to how the whole conspiracy culture has affected your lives since you started looking into all the different subjects we discuss. Have you kept it as just an interest, or has it developed into a career or something more, whether good or bad?

I do wonder at times if anyones health has been effected since delving into the world of conspiracies, i guess i'm talking more about mental health, paranoia and the likes. I sit here sometime reading posts and think to myself that this place has taken over someones life WAYYYY too much, then again when you read about some of the conspiracy issues, i can't say i don't blame people for being wary. Has this place turned you into the most untrusting person ever?

I like to think i keep things under control at the moment with it lol, i'm not in any danger of needing therapy quite yet........give it time though! Since joining ATS the only way it's affected me is by way of the amount of sleep i lose out on due to staying up reading info. Also i've almost crashed the car countless times since reading about chemtrails, i spend most of my time with my eyes on the skies instead of the road!

Has anyone else had any major changes in thier life since getting into the world of conspiracies?

CX.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
My sense of humor has increased.

I now have lots more people to laugh at.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
When I first read about the Nibiru/Planet X saga (don't know if you could class it as a conspiracy) I got so worked up that I went out and got a £2000 bank loan because of course the world was going to end therefore repayment wouldn't be an issue.

Well I'm still here and £3500 lighter as a result of interest on the loan that I have just paid off. Thinking back to the way my head was swimming then makes me smile.

On a more serious note though, the discussions that have taken place on ATS have contributed to me looking at my whole existence in a totally different fashion, from the conviction that my daily earthly life is shaped by unaccountable beings whom I never see or hear about, to the idea that none of you actually exist and my 'life' is just like big show that is somehow generated soley for my own benefit.

Don't know if I would have formed such ideas without ATS/the interweb.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
My sense of humor has increased.

I now have lots more people to laugh at.

I found that more people actually laughed AT me when I started talking about ATS sbject matter publicly.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
For one thing, I have my nose in my Bible a lot more. I see Bible prophecy being fulfilled.

My husband says I've become a lot more serious lately. He won't go here because he doesn't want to hear "doom and gloom."

He has Ostrich Syndrome--stick your head in the sand and maybe it'll go away!

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
When I first read about the illuminati, the 911 conspiracies, and others back in 2004 I was completly shocked
. I'm used to it now but I'll never see the world the same way again. After all the reading up on it I've done I'm definitely sure there's something to it.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hi
Well I have suffered a decrease in my Sales - and a lot more increase in the threads I post on

I guess I'm hooked!

top topics

join