It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you suddenly had the urge to read the bible lately?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

um, i meant there are few, as in little, as in next to no, things. and again, nowhere does god say that there is only one way to heaven

The bible in the new testiment says that if you dont believe in the one that God has sent you have no life in you.

"FOR I CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN NOT TO DO MY OWN WILL BUT THE WILL OF HIM WHOM HATH SENT ME"

"LABOUR NOT FOR THE MEAT WHICH PERI#H, BUT FOR THAT WHICH ENDURITH ONTO EVERLASTING LIFE"

"MOSES DID NOT GIVE YOU THE BREAD FROM HEAVEN. I AM THE BREAD LIFE. HE THAT COMEITH TO ME I WILL NO WISE CAST OUT"

you don't KNOW, you simply assume.

I know, and I know more than you think. I know where you been and how you think. I was there in your place once. And was shown different.

that's impossible, there has never been a depiction of allah by muslims. the closest they get to representing allah is by writing his name in very pretty caligraphy.

No its not impossible, cuz it happpen.

and again, catholics don't work solely from the texts. they have philosophy on top of scripture instead of scriptural fundamentalism.

that does'nt make it write under God's eyes.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
The bible in the new testiment says that if you dont believe in the one that God has sent you have no life in you.

alright, let us see your examples...

"FOR I CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN NOT TO DO MY OWN WILL BUT THE WILL OF HIM WHOM HATH SENT ME"

translation: i'm here to do daddy's work... but it doesn't say that i must believe in god

"LABOUR NOT FOR THE MEAT WHICH PERI#H, BUT FOR THAT WHICH ENDURITH ONTO EVERLASTING LIFE"

labor for the longterm goal of everlasting life...
okay, again says nothing about following jesus.

"MOSES DID NOT GIVE YOU THE BREAD FROM HEAVEN. I AM THE BREAD LIFE. HE THAT COMEITH TO ME I WILL NO WISE CAST OUT"

alright... moses was wrong and people who come to me for guidance won't be rejected...
but nothing about the world having one path..

and why are you using the bible to prove the will of god? why not the koran?or any other religious book

I know, and I know more than you think. I know where you been and how you think. I was there in your place once. And was shown different.

that's highly doubtful.

No its not impossible, cuz it happpen.

a fairly vague memory you have doesn't count as proof. muslims don't pray to a statue. it's called idolatry to them, they are insanely serious about it

and what's in the bible isn't necessarily written under your fictional character's eyes either.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

translation: i'm here to do daddy's work... but it doesn't say that i must believe in god

This is the begining of understand. All the scripures put together would explan what I ment. expand the mind. This is decribing who Jesus is and who he follows.

labor for the longterm goal of everlasting life...
okay, again says nothing about following jesus.

Yes it does, read between the lines, again expand the mind. It says to look for meat which endurith onto everlasting life. Look for eternal meat.

alright... moses was wrong and people who come to me for guidance won't be rejected...
but nothing about the world having one path..

Came to Jesus not you.

and why are you using the bible to prove the will of god? why not the koran?or any other religious book

Cuz God and Christ are the way of Life to have life after death got to follow Christ God son to come to him. The bible is the word of God. When you reads its words and live its life you see that more.

a fairly vague memory you have doesn't count as proof. muslims don't pray to a statue. it's called idolatry to them, they are insanely serious about it

Well it happen. It was like 3 or 4 years ago. I saw it. remember not all relgionous people follow the way there books says

and what's in the bible isn't necessarily written under your fictional character's eyes either.

Again you make a claim you can not prove. You have not real clue that Jesus was fictional or that God is fictional. Prove it. Show your evidents that supports your way of thinking. You cant.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Cuz God and Christ are the way of Life to have life after death got to follow Christ God son to come to him. The bible is the word of God. When you reads its words and live its life you see that more.

um, there is zero logic in your answer. logic is something that is good to have when you're answering a question.

Well it happen. It was like 3 or 4 years ago. I saw it. remember not all relgionous people follow the way there books says

all muslims don't pray to statues. put up proof that they do or shut up about it.

Again you make a claim you can not prove.

i'm only saying that your god is fictional because you cannot prove his existence.

You have not real clue that Jesus was fictional or that God is fictional.

quite the opposite, i have quite the real clue

Prove it. Show your evidents that supports your way of thinking. You cant.

since you can't prove it, i'll put forth my negative argument.

the state of the universe works fine without a god, therefore if you do not prove that there is a god i will continue to assume that god almost certainly does not exist.

if the universe works fine without something existing, you remove that something. it's called occam's razor.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
um, there is zero logic in your answer. logic is something that is good to have when you're answering a question.

I'd like to address this, at least from my perspective. For some, they just knew or were raised to believe in the Bible as the word of God. Not so for myself. God had to prove Himself to me through it before I had faith enough to believe what I couldn't prove, and ATS played a major role in that. Mainly threads like this, with people like yourself, spamandham and shaunybaby throwing out "proofs" of the Bible's inaccuracy, which I would research into (at least, those that could be proven through scientific means). You would notice, if anyone had an exorbitant amount of time with nothing better to do, going through my post history that, early on, I would often state that, if I am wrong in what I believe, I don't want to be wasting my time believing it. It was through all that research that, at some point in time, that qualifier went away because of the utter certainty I have regarding the accuracy of the Bible.

As you will find with most historians and archaeologists (except, sadly, where the Bible is concerned, in many cases) that, when an ancient text is discovered, its contents are tested for accuracy with what knowledge we do have regarding the subject matter. If it is found to be accurate in what we know, it is assumed that it is accurate in what we don't know or can't prove (again, the only exception to this rule is the Bible...Curious, isn't it...). I experienced that with scripture, and as such, I am convinced it does reflect the true will of God. Therefore, I seek His will in His Word (among other things, but always with the Word as the foundation). I have done the same with the Koran, and have found it to be wanting, in many cases severely, in both prophesy (Israel was never supposed to have been created, which is a strong element of Islamic hatrid for the Jews -- the existence of Israel shows Muhammad to be a false prophet, which will not do, so Israel must be destroyed) and scientific accuracy, as with the Talmud.

That's my logic regarding using the Bible as a foundation for understanding who God is, or rather, who God has revealed Himself to be to us, humanity.

if the universe works fine without something existing, you remove that something. it's called occam's razor.

I like Occam's razor, and would like to test your statement. We cannot know if the universe is going to work fine without God being present, there's no test we can perform removing Him from existence. Instead, I will look on a smaller scale, and present to you an example. You can run with it, ignore it, or convince yourself it doesn't apply as you will.

40 or 50 years ago, we told God to get out of our schools. Let's take a look at our public education system today and in 1940. Is it working just fine without God?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Only to your way of thinking. The bible it self can answer any question in life.

all muslims don't pray to statues. put up proof that they do or shut up about it.

I need to do anything what I saw was on tv, not a website. It happen put up with it. I saw what I saw. I dont need to lie about. why would I lie about other religion. You just want to be right, and that does'nt matter.

since you can't prove it, i'll put forth my negative argument.
the state of the universe works fine without a god, therefore if you do not prove that there is a god i will continue to assume that god almost certainly does not exist.

Again you to say because the universe works without a god, so there is no God is stupid and not even logical. You ever think it works cuz God taking care of it. Come on if God and creat us he can creat a universe that works just find on its own.

The fact is you dont know if he does exist or does'nt. For all you know he does exist and is watching the universe just like he takes care of the tree. Again to state that God does'nt exist because the universe takes care of itself it stupid and not logical.

By the way Jungle

I didnt go to church I came to God by the life to which he gave me. I end up reading the bible through a man in jail. Told me to read romans and I did. God will works with those who have nothing really. To find God all you need is a relationship with him and a bible, and works. Faith to. Glad you follow. Its hard to be saved when you dont have believers with you all the time.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by slymattb]

[edit on 25-7-2007 by slymattb]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Only to your way of thinking. The bible it self can answer any question in life.

except it can't tell you to abhor slavery....
honestly, it can't answer any question. it can't tell you how to solve world hunger, cure AIDS, and it says nothing of legitimate science.

I need to do anything what I saw was on tv, not a website. It happen put up with it. I saw what I saw. I dont need to lie about. why would I lie about other religion. You just want to be right, and that does'nt matter.

i never claimed you had seen something on the internet, i never claimed you lied, i merely claimed you were mistaken.
i don't WANT to be right, i AM right.

Again you to say because the universe works without a god, so there is no God is stupid and not even logical.

you misrepresent my argument. i said the universe works perfectly with an absence of god, therefore i will continue to say that god ALMOST certainly does not exist. i'm not 100% ruling out said being's existence, i'm just waiting for verifiable scientific proof.

You ever think it works cuz God taking care of it.

um... no. because there is no need for god to take care of it. it works fine as a system without a caretaker.

Come on if God and creat us he can creat a universe that works just find on its own.

this argument only works from your point of assumption

The fact is you dont know if he does exist or does'nt.

and the fact is that you don't know if it exists or doesn't... and the fact is that we both don't know if all the other deities exist or don't.

For all you know he does exist and is watching the universe just like he takes care of the tree.

for all you know odin is doing that job...

Again to state that God does'nt exist because the universe takes care of itself it stupid and not logical.

you haven't pointed out exactly what is illogical. and AGAIN/ i never said god doesn't exist... i merely asserting that god doesn't need to exist, therefore there is no need to believe in it.

but we are WAY off topic. this has nothing to do with a sudden urge to read the bible

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

honestly, it can't answer any question. it can't tell you how to solve world hunger, cure AIDS, and it says nothing of legitimate science.

IT tells those in slavery to follow their masters. Why would God talk about science when its about saving soul and life after death. Its not about whole the world works.

i never claimed you had seen something on the internet, i never claimed you lied, i merely claimed you were mistaken.

Trust me I was'nt. But you wont. And your not right. But does it matter?

you misrepresent my argument. i said the universe works perfectly with an absence of god, therefore i will continue to say that god ALMOST certainly does not exist. i'm not 100% ruling out said being's existence, i'm just waiting for verifiable scientific proof.[/quote

You have no clue if it works without God. You have no clue as to what God does and does'nt do. You just assume.

um... no. because there is no need for god to take care of it. it works fine as a system without a caretaker.

How do you know that. U have no clue what God watches out for.

and the fact is that you don't know if it exists or doesn't... and the fact is that we both don't know if all the other deities exist or don't.

I do you dont.

And for all you know Jesus is coming.

[quote]you haven't pointed out exactly what is illogical. and AGAIN/ i never said god doesn't exist... i merely asserting that god doesn't need to exist, therefore there is no need to believe in it.

You lie, you point out all over this web site saying that God dont not exist. You just like to argue. Thats pointless.

but we are WAY off topic. this has nothing to do with a sudden urge to read the bible

You right for once. I have a sudden urge all the time. I saw scripture on the internet today. I going to look them up for the truth.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

IT tells those in slavery to follow their masters. Why would God talk about science when its about saving soul and life after death. Its not about whole the world works.

Trust me I was'nt. But you wont. And your not right. But does it matter?

you misrepresent my argument. i said the universe works perfectly with an absence of god, therefore i will continue to say that god ALMOST certainly does not exist. i'm not 100% ruling out said being's existence, i'm just waiting for verifiable scientific proof.[/quote

You have no clue if it works without God. You have no clue as to what God does and does'nt do. You just assume.

How do you know that. U have no clue what God watches out for.

I do you dont.

And for all you know Jesus is coming.

[quote]you haven't pointed out exactly what is illogical. and AGAIN/ i never said god doesn't exist... i merely asserting that god doesn't need to exist, therefore there is no need to believe in it.

You lie, you point out all over this web site saying that God dont not exist. You just like to argue. Thats pointless.

You right for once. I have a sudden urge all the time. I saw scripture on the internet today. I going to look them up for the truth.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
As someone here on ATS pointed out, the Bible doesn't tell you what to think; it tells you how to think. Yes, slavery is addressed in scripture -- it was and is a very real condition in this world. Yet, if you love your neighbor as yourself, how could you enslave someone? Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound!

If you review history, the major movers and shakers that pioneered and worked hard to abolish legal slavery throughout the world were Christian. You have a scientific mind, Madness, and as such, you should recognize that when there's a common link between the majority of phenomenon, chances are that link is related.

[edit on 7/27/07/27 by junglejake]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
As someone here on ATS pointed out, the Bible doesn't tell you what to think; it tells you how to think. Yes, slavery is addressed in scripture -- it was and is a very real condition in this world. Yet, if you love your neighbor as yourself, how could you enslave someone?

easily, the bible define "neighbor" in the ancient hebrew sense of another hebrew. that's hwo jesus meant it, love others of the same kind as yourself. christianity, like it's daddy religion judaism, is just about an in crowd

If you review history, the major movers and shakers that pioneered and worked hard to abolish legal slavery throughout the world were Christian. You have a scientific mind, Madness, and as such, you should recognize that when there's a common link between the majority of phenomenon, chances are that link is related.

the only reason that the majority were christian is because the majority of PEOPLE were christian. we saw not a single atheist supporting slavery at the time, to the contrary the whole of the tiny atheist population at the time abhored it.
the people that supported the abolishment of slavery were the least religious of the christians.
you're perpetuating a common historical myth that i've had to deal with many times... sadly my reference books on this matter won't be returned to me until sometime tuesday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join