It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bird Flu Hits the UK

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I'll try again.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I told you all that the US's bird flu will be bigger and better than yours

Here we go:live sciencel

A new computer model reveals how a pandemic like the avian flu might spread quickly across the United States and what methods would best thwart the scenario.

Researchers assumed a starting point of 10 highly infectious influenza cases in Los Angeles, then let the model take it from there. The virus spread quickly, peaking in just 90 days with 100 or more infections per 1,000 residents of just about every corner of the country [Animated Map].

Like i said, ours has to be bigger and better than anybody elses.

lol, US Bird Flu FTW!!!

mod edit to fix link
[edit on 6/4/06 by prmlscrm]

[edit on 11-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
So, Skynews is now reporting a little Egyption girl has died of bird flu.

Guys, come on...its really suspicious that this is all coming out now. Blair is low in the polls, everyone keeps asking him when he is going to leave. Experts are saying its not even going to effect the large population of birds, etc...

A small event is being used to cover up some topics that Blair does not want to talk about.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
same here im going to give my uncle a call and see if he has heard anything on that,

I think what may happen though as the public are more aware, Reports of any dead bird may come in

No, its not. Its scare tatics and a political conspiracy to cover up "no no topics"

Asala, if this was really that bad, and i am talking about Ulster, do you think Tony Blair would still be over there? no, of course not. He would of cancelled the talk if he was in danger.

Look at the facts, media and Government making a crisis out of nothing. Best thing to do when to "bury bad news"

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I do agree there, It is very odd timing,

There so many things they wish would go away... And this may just be the thing to do it,

*Sweep it under the carpet*. So to speak,

The Conference starts very shortly,

[edit on 6-4-2006 by asala]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am not convinced that the timing is anything other than coincidence.
I am not blairs biggest fan, but to say otherwise is to be slightly naive.

Lets not get carried away, i know this is a conspiracy site but please...

Dan

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ah well its finally here folks.

I work on a poultry farm 150 miles away from this case, verry worring indeed.

Everywhere is putting tighter biosecurity in place so it souldnt get into the poultry farms, but only time will tell.

We were also told not to talk to the press, but they never said anything about ATS

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
I am not convinced that the timing is anything other than coincidence.
I am not blairs biggest fan, but to say otherwise is to be slightly naive.

Lets not get carried away, i know this is a conspiracy site but please...

But you cannot deny its a huge coincidence for it to happened right now, while in the middle of some political boo boo's for Blair?

Its just wierd that all this information is now being released today, no one is getting carried away, but you cannot help all the suscipious stuff surrounding this.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I just feel that something we know would happen... and does, is always open to being criticised. The fact that they waited to announce and impose restrictions was because they didnt want to panic the public... we have no evidence to the contrary.

I am not a Blair fan, but i see no conspiracy here.

Dan

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
did someone already point out that there was a case found in scotland?
I just seen it on the news and it was live. Just wondering.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by inj3n]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

did someone already point out that there was a case found in scotland?
I just seen it on the news and it was live. Just wondering.

Yep this is what this thread is about,

UK = being the United kingdom----- Scotland,wales, Briton ect,

hope that clears this up a little, I can see how some would be confused...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just curious and wondering if the officials are telling people not to handle any dead birds/swans found?

That is as I understand how other humans have gotten the H5N1 strain in asia.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Just curious and wondering if the officials are telling people not to handle any dead birds/swans found?

Yes DEFRA has set up a helpline if anyone thinks theres a something odd,

This number can be found on the Skynews Website,
but as they say the chances of catching anything is very low,

[edit on 6-4-2006 by asala]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
yes thay are and keep dogs on leads when in parks or on walks but donte keep them inside.thay are saying for all off the uk

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Yes DEFRA has set up a helpline if anyone thinks theres a something odd,

This number can be found on the Skynews Website,
but as they say the chances of catching anything is very low,

That seems strange or perhaps it is once wild birds infect domesticated birds is only when it can transfer to humans.

I know I sure would not touch one :shk:

[edit on 4/6/2006 by shots]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
the main question is, why was it held back for 8 days and released on the night before of one the most important political moments in Northern Ireland?

another piece for the puzzle, phoned family over in Northern Ireland and apparently this is not even being reported especially with "supposed" cases in C.Antrim.

Last time there was a suspected case, we find out on the same day, this time we didn't

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I live very close to this incident, over the last two days i have been listening to all the reports both local and national.

National News 6th April

March 29th, Swan found on harbour slipway, Cellardyke, Fife, by Local Tina Briscoe, she phones the local vet who visits the scene and leaves informing SAC www.sac.ac.uk...
March 30th SAC pick up the bird and carry out initial tests.
March 31 Bird sent to a laboratory in Weybridge for analysis, test show is bird flu, further test needed.
April 5th media reports bird flu lands in Fife.
April 6th Test confirms H5N1.

Local News 6th April

A local man first spotted the dead swan in the harbour, he informed another local keen on birds, whome then informed Dan Young ( Dan Brown, depending on which paper you read) St Andrews University, his research work includes virology. After some days he contacted Defra.

Some other maybe relevant info.

Exercise Hawthorn,
An outbreak of suspect highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) occurred in a high density, outdoor, free-range production unit in Norfolk. An avian influenza type A virus (H5N1 strain) was identified in laboratory tests and disease was confirmed on Day 0 of the outbreak.
www.defra.gov.uk... the UK's dummy run for a bird flu outbreak which was underway when the swan was found, has been ended early.

In an office exercise the Disease confirmed and confined on 0 DAY.
In the real world we live, it took them 6 Days.

Report's of Two dead swans in a park in Glasgow.

Had it not been Swans, say it was any normal bird i might have believed this whole farce, pretty hard not to notice the dead elegant mute swan.
You would think with the expectation of bird flu hitting these shores we, the public, should have been told to look out for dead birds, we had not.
This was discovered 1 WEEK ago, with the threat of a PANDEMIC they did nothing until yesterday. wtf! Did they hold back the test results to bury bad news? or where they to busy on operation Hawthorn and had numerous dead swan scenarios that they were running thru, couldn't tell if it was real or the exercise 9/11 like.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Community Reference Laboratory for avian influenza in Weybridge/England
Test Centre for European outbreaks.

The following Countrys sent samples to Weybridge.

Scotland Swans
Poland Swans
Hungary Swans
Austria Swans
Italy Swans
Bulgaria Swans
Denmark Buzzard

All confirmed with H5N1.

See anything slightly suspicious?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Links
You would think with the expectation of bird flu hitting these shores we, the public, should have been told to look out for dead birds, we had not.

We were told, it has been on Newsnight at least once per-week, for the last three months. It has been spoken off on the BBC and Channel 4 news for months. They've been saying time and time again to report any dead birds and not to touch them.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wow i'm panicking like hell!

I was in Glasgow today... and for dinner I made myself a thai chicken curry!

Auch Naw! Jings crivens help ma boab!!

I better change ma kilt fur ma troosers so I dinny catch a cauld!!!

I'm sure it'll be ok, if it becomes a pandemic i'll take some cash and my suitcase and fly to a "clear" country

Scotland's too bloody miserable to have a pandemic

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join