It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bird Flu Hits the UK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

If the shoe fits.....

This is nothing more than a vast conspiracy on humanity. This has not jumped species and its not going to unless there are plans we dont know about.

They're going to get us one way or another.

"Big Chicken" is in charge.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
lol..im 100% sure that we are gonna get infected by this virus...i bet some secret goverment created it to control the human population...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Rememeber, they even switched from Blairs press conference to Bird Flu and it was confirmed the deadly string during his speech about Northern Ireland.

When was this and what channel?

I've been watching News 24 all morning at work and at no stage have they mentioned it has been confirmed to be H5N1, just H5, which they knew anyway.

EDIT: Ok they confirmed it now....

[edit on 6/4/06 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
As crazy as it sounds this is a result of globalisation, knocking down borders works both ways...

Check out this debate....

ATS DEBATE: GLOBALISATION

Dan

EDIT: I cannot spell, maybe its the bird flu

[edit on 6-4-2006 by bigdanprice]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Great and who should live 1 mile away from fife? Me! Fantastic well looks like I wont be buying chicken for a while.

We deep fry everything anyway.

Am I the only one who isn't worried about this? I live in Tayside (next to fife).

lol..im 100% sure that we are gonna get infected by this virus...i bet some secret goverment created it to control the human population

Why release it in Scotland then? there is only 2 million of us, we hardly need population control.

[edit on 6/4/06 by prmlscrm]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
When was this and what channel?

I've been watching News 24 all morning at work and at no stage have they mentioned it has been confirmed to be H5N1, just H5, which they knew anyway.

EDIT: Ok they confirmed it now....

[edit on 6/4/06 by stumason]

Skynews and it was about midday, the Skynews reporter at the scene even asked Blair what he made of the bird flu situation and the fact a bird has H5N1. Blair seemed to have known already....hmmm

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
NEWS: Bird Flu Hits the UK?

Welcome to the club! Quickly, get a Tamiflu shot!

Tamiflu is sacred,
Tamiflu is good.
Tamiflu is needed,
in your neighbourhood.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
stumason its all been confirmed now, And 2 other Birds in Glasgow are now being tested,

EDINBURGH (Reuters) - Tests have shown a wild Mute swan found dead in a Scottish coastal town had the lethal H5N1 strain of bird flu -- Britain's first case of the disease, Sky television reported on Thursday.

today.reuters.co.uk...

[edit on 6-4-2006 by asala]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
BIRD FLU FACTS

good to have a read and know all the facts

What we have to remember is that this is a bird to bird infection at the time,

I think what needs to be looked into is how we can protect the poultry here in the UK,

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
stumason its all been confirmed now, And 2 other Birds in Glasgow are now being tested,

EDINBURGH (Reuters) - Tests have shown a wild Mute swan found dead in a Scottish coastal town had the lethal H5N1 strain of bird flu -- Britain's first case of the disease, Sky television reported on Thursday.

today.reuters.co.uk...

Where you get the information about Glasgow?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Its being reported on Skynews TV that 2 more swans have been found dead in Glasgow and are now being tested for Bird flu,

So i have no idea how long it will be before we know if they have or not,

Im sure there will say more later, I guess they just dont want to cause panic at the sec, But listen out and you will here more on it,

ALSO News conference within the hour from the Scotish Executive at 4pm

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It has been on sky news and BBC news 24 all day.

Other countries in Europe seem to be relativley unaffected by Bird Flu.
I think we all need to be calm and collected.

Already the rumours are flying... that seagulls were seen feeding from the dead swan, and that cats had been at it... All unconfirmed of course.

If there is a larger problem, then we will deal with it.

Dan

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Its being reported on Skynews TV that 2 more swans have been found dead in Glasgow and are now being tested for Bird flu,

So i have no idea how long it will be before we know if they have or not,

Im sure there will say more later, I guess they just dont want to cause panic at the sec, But listen out and you will here more on it,

ALSO News conference within the hour from the Scotish Executive at 4pm

This should be funny... At least it will take the heat off our Exec for the masses of work still needing done on the mess that is the Scottish Parliment building.... i'm still at work so I will miss it, can someone please take some key notes and post.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The more we talk about Bird Flu, the less we will, about Local elections, Blair and Brown, Northern Ireland, "peers for cash"...if you look at our politics, there is alot of big stories at the moment, which the Government would like to see covered up.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
is that action man in that picture above

the only thing that scares us Brits is the sight of the Prime Ministers wife in kinky underwear and the Queen dressed in lethal holding a whip

..once that happens, then we will panic

I am TRYING to eat here, now I need a new keyboard. thanks

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Any more news from the swans found dead in Northern Ireland?

Only got this off the beeb:

A number of dead swans discovered by a river in County Antrim are being examined by government vets.
The remains were found on the River Bann near Portglenone.

Police have cordoned off the area amid concern about bird flu, but the Department of Agriculture said the operation was routine.

Source: BBC

Anyone closer to Ulster got any more? (Infinite, I'm looking at YOU!)

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
Other countries in Europe seem to be relativley unaffected by Bird Flu.
I think we all need to be calm and collected.

Germany is culling thousands of birds.
Merkel says bird flu situation in Germany serious

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Anyone closer to Ulster got any more? (Infinite, I'm looking at YOU!)

i have family in C.Antrim,
i havent heard anything at the moment. (for the record, im currently in England)

i have been to the River Bann, spent most of my childhood there. But lets not panic, im not and i have family in that area. 12 have already been found dead and they all came back with a "no no" for Bird Flu.

Yet again, its interesting that this is all coming out today.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I told you all that the US's bird flu will be bigger and better than yours

Here we go:[url=http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/060405_virtual_pandemic.html]http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/060405_virtual_pandemic.html[/url ]

A new computer model reveals how a pandemic like the avian flu might spread quickly across the United States and what methods would best thwart the scenario.

Researchers assumed a starting point of 10 highly infectious influenza cases in Los Angeles, then let the model take it from there. The virus spread quickly, peaking in just 90 days with 100 or more infections per 1,000 residents of just about every corner of the country [Animated Map].

Like i said, ours has to be bigger and better than anybody elses.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

have family in C.Antrim,

same here im going to give my uncle a call and see if he has heard anything on that,

I think what may happen though as the public are more aware, Reports of any dead bird may come in

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join