It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Armed Men Seize Moscow Theater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Armed men seize a Moscow theater.
Muslim members of the audience attending the production of "North-East" were also allowed to leave, Interfax said.

Me thinks muslims then are carrying out this act?

story.news.yahoo.com.../
nm/russia_theatre_hostage_dc

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yes they probably are.I'm curious to see how the Russians handle this.

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 03:02 PM
link   
they are probably chechens, terrorists at any rate. One would think terrorists of any sort would want to lay off the Ruskies at the moment as to divide the US and Russia. Spetsnaz and Delta Force could whoop some serious butt together I'd imagine.

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have no doubt that the Russians can handle this,but they might have to becareful.If they just go in and kill them and then jail the surviors,they could risk some political problems.Look at the crap the U.S gets for doing that.So waiting to see how Europeans handle these things.

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 03:19 PM
link   
yeah, I am waiting for that also. The French would try to reform them, offer them therapy, etc. (lol)

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Give them some wine and cheese and tell em its ok...

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 07:02 AM
link   
do none of you americans - so vivacious in your defence of american liberties and freedom from imperialist rule - support the chechens' cause?

news.bbc.co.uk...

- qo.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by quiet one
do none of you americans - so vivacious in your defence of american liberties and freedom from imperialist rule - support the chechens' cause?

I support the Chechen cause because of no other reason than the absolute barbarism being applied by Russia to the Chechen people. If not for the post cold war arsenal and emergence as a big player on the oil/energy world stage, Russia would be spoken about in the same breath as the Khemer Rouge. They regularly chain captured rebels to tanks to draw & quarter them. I have a Viet Nam vet friend who sends me stuff. Good man, but slightly damaged good, you know? One thing was a video clip which contained that draw & quartering. It also contained a Chechen rebel, about 20, with his head being steped on, the out of frame Russian officer reaching down with his knife & inserting the blade just in front of the spine & then proceeding to saw his throat out. Both sides engage in beheadings, as a demoralizeing factor. Russia has a huge problem with soilders returning & being unable to intergrate back into civil society. Violence is of epic proportions there because, in large part, of these desensitized soilders.
Moscow is already one of the most dangerous cities in the modern world. A good friend had her skull fractured while being mugged there, several years back.
Just because Bush says he's 'looked into the eyes of Pooty Put and seen his soul' doesn't mean we should be supporting Russia's actions in Chechenya.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So this means its ok for them to take innocent people hostage?People who most likely have nothing to do with Russian government.As it stands right One woman has been killed.But thats ok.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Oh Hell no! They should peacefully try to get all the hostages, then take care of the terrorists with extreme prejudice, if necessary. But the question wasn't a referendum in support of terrorist acts.
The question was if there were others aware of the war crimes being routinely carried out by Russia against Chechens.

My question is:
What the hell is wrong with that part of the world? Pick any Eastern European point, and ethnic cleansing comes up some place in history, or current.
Sheesh, the evil that men do.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Holy COW! Am I about to side with B-T? I believe this has happened before, and I believe I almost passed out then as well!

The idea of "ethnic cleansing" isn't a new idea at all, it's the idea that an area can be multi-ethnic that is new and unreasonable. Some form of assimilation is almost always necessary; one culture will disappear and the other will be somewhat mutated by the assimilation, or one culture will totally wipe out the other, unless the other prudently ups and leaves the area. Nowadays, though, there are no frontiers to which a culture may escape.

Still, the killing of women and children is more than merely unfortunate, and at the same time the taking of hostages like this is unacceptable. Any rehab should come in the form of 7.62x39.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 11:06 PM
link   
...I was thinking more along the lines of a slow fileting done with a dull, rusty knife...

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
...I was thinking more along the lines of a slow fileting done with a dull, rusty knife...

They do that, regularly. I thought I was hardened by my military & martial arts training; I've seen some nasty stuff & heard some gruesome wails. Hell, even though I'm a born & raised NY'er, I still have done a good share of slaughtering animals on my grandparents farm.
But to see those vids of military prisoners having their throats slit or pulled apart, still haunts me to this day, and this was about 8 months ago that he sent it. I had surfed up the vid, and thought about posting it, but I wouldn't inflict it on your sensibilities.

I always mention the paradox that the military generals in our country, the ones who've seen the faces of death, are the ones preaching a diplomatic solution to conflict, and the deferment boys (a.k.a. the Chickenhawks) are gungho to bomb and commit soldiers.

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I don't believe Delta Force could fight their way to the front of a McDonald's queue, never mind close combat anti-terrorism.

These terrorist are willing to kill themselves , and they have a huge amount of C4 explosive. Delta Force wouldn't have the first ida how to tackle this.

Put it this way, who's special forces are always used in combat situations alondside American ground troops. The SAS!

But never mind that, why the # are Russians in Chechnya anyway?

One has to say that the Russian government could have avoided something like this happening.

A bit like the West's double standards on foreign policy really...

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 09:46 AM
link   
fd, I was referring to russians assisting the US in a confict, say Iraq - not in the current situation. I too wonder at times why the Russians are in Chechnya - though I don't pretend to fully understand that situation.

new topics

top topics

join