It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howmuch more can Collectors/your average Buyer bare?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The Price of Comics gone from 1.25 at the most for there titles back when i used to collect.Now MARVEL AND DC Are Charging 2.99 for there most popular Comics at what price do we sayNO MORE!!l

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Truth_Hunter_1976]

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Truth_Hunter_1976]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am a massive collector of DVD's with a collection I don't even bother to count anymore. A new DVD can cost up to $30, or a SE of the film going for $40-$50.

$2.99 does not seem over the top in my mind.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I would love to pay only 2.99 for a comic.

Here in Canada a 2.99US$ comic cost 4.25CAN$. A 14.99UD$ trade paperback costs 24.00CAN$. That is the cost of a new DVD! But I would rather buy a TBP than a movie

Of coarse Us and Canadian money have different value. Right now if you exchange $1 American you will get $1.16 Canadian. So $2.99 would be $3.47. Then it gets marked up another 78 cents for shipping? 78 cents to ship one comic book? Come on…

For comparison $4.25 I can buy a meal ad McDonald’s or a gallon of milk and two loaves of bread.

I don’t mind paying more for comics today than I did, say 5 years ago. These books are works of art. But publishers have to realize that they are competing with video games and movies. Comic publishers also need to realize that they need to attract a younger audience to make up the next generation of comic fans. Kids are not going to spend 5 bucks for a comic if they can go to the store and blow it all on candy.

[/rant]

new topics

join